Menu

Well, we got the Ridgebacks!

Congratulations on your puppies! They are adorable!

Our RR pups are 10 months. They are just now learning to be good watch dogs - to bark when someone comes in the driveway. Up til this last month, they cheerfully welcomed everyone as a new playmate - tails wagging. We have had to teach them to bark at things - they are very silent dogs.

They are big, strong girls (70 pounds and growing), tightly bonded to their family, rarely more than 2-3 feet from someone all the time. They are disappointed that the cat won't play with them. They NEED a good long walk each day to keep their behavior in line.

Oh - and they are chewing fiends. They really need to chew alot. Be prepared for to be stocking up on appropriate chewy things often. And they sound horribly fierce when they play together. With those big deep growls, they sound like they are killing each other off.

I met the parents and they were both very friendly and laid back. I am starting to wonder what sort of watch dogs these will turn out to be.:tongue_smilie:

They are 3/4 ridgeback and 1/4 Boxer.

Meet Tempe and Angel! :001_smile:

Oh, those eyes are too much! I would spoil them for sure!