Menu

Monday morning poll!!! What do you put on your pancakes??

What do you put on your pancakes?  

1. 1. What do you put on your pancakes?

• Honey
    • Maple syrup
    • Sometimes honey, sometimes syrup
    • Neither

Now, back in the day when I ate pancakes, the best that I have ever had were slathered with some organic butter toffee flavored peanut butter that I bought at a farmer's market. OH MY WORD THAT PEANUT BUTTER WAS DIVINE AND IT MADE THOSE PANCAKES INTO A GOURMET DELIGHT!

So unfair....not eating pancakes anymore. But alas, my gut likes me better now that I've give up all grains except rice.

Faith

Teff flour is a gluten free grain that makes a nice pancake. Add sugar and a bit of gluten free baking soda, and you are good to go. Unfortunately, I have since become allergic to it. It also makes a nice cookie.

Maple syrup

Jam or jelly

honey

molasses

Fruit syrup (blueberry, strawberry, blackberry, raspberry, boysenberry, peach, apricot, plum, etc.)

Butter pecan syrup

Warm fruit compote or pie filling (sometimes with a dollop of whipped cream or ice cream)

Fried apples & cinnamon

applesauce and cinnamon sugar

Butter and cinnamon sugar

soft fried egg

powdered sugar

I'm from Montana & Wyoming, also lived in the Bible Belt for a while, and currently settled in Utah.

On my pancakes, nought because I am no longer eating grains so hence, no pancakes.

On dh's pancakes, blueberries and 100% maple syrup.

On ds #1, raspberries and if I'm offering, chocolate chips. Yep, he likes the combo. No syrup

On ds#2, blueberries or chocolate chips depending on his mood and whether or not I'm offering the chocolate chips. No syrup

On ds#3, chocolate chips if I'm offering and maple syrup.

Now, back in the day when I ate pancakes, the best that I have ever had were slathered with some organic butter toffee flavored peanut butter that I bought at a farmer's market. OH MY WORD THAT PEANUT BUTTER WAS DIVINE AND IT MADE THOSE PANCAKES INTO A GOURMET DELIGHT!

So unfair....not eating pancakes anymore. But alas, my gut likes me better now that I've give up all grains except rice.

Faith

I make 2 different grain free pancakes- one is made w/ almond flour- pancakes revisited recipe from Elana's Pantry and the second is apple pancakes. Apples are grated and the juice hand-squeezed out w/ vanilla, eggs, cinnamon and a bit of almond flour if needed.

I grew up eating pancakes w/ syrup(fake) and pb. If I top my pancake these days I like a good homemade jam or maybe some raw honey and coconut oil. I try to keep that sparse though.