Menu

The new royal couple is beautiful...

Here in India the coverage has been pretty good. Clearly, both are very educated and the hopes of Bhutan rest with the King and his ability to balance the very new constitutional government with the historical kingship. It is said he picked a bride that would specifically not get in the way of the close relationship he has been building with the people of Bhutan. Apparently he rides around and meets with people, listens to their problems and takes action. He lives in a cottage in the capital city.

The only thing I didn't understand in the coverage today was that the couple were childhood sweathearts. How can that even be possible - she is 21 and he is 31!!

The only thing I didn't understand in the coverage today was that the couple were childhood sweathearts. How can that even be possible - she is 21 and he is 31!!

She's the "child" and he's the "hood"?? ;) Sorry, I couldn't help myself.

They truly are a beautiful couple. She looked a bit freaked in a few of the pictures, but I guess I would be, too.

"The ceremony, which included dance performances, baby elephants and a procession of singers."

Take that, Will and Kate--baby elephants! I would much rather have seen this wedding than the British one.

She is lovely. I think Asian features are so beautiful, and while I would think this even if I didn't have a Chinese daughter, it would probably not occur to me to say so, out loud, quite so frequently.

Terri

Take that, Will and Kate--baby elephants! I would much rather have seen this wedding than the British one.

:iagree: :iagree: :iagree:

I'm Kate-ed out. Really, really tired of Kate. And don't even get me started on Pippa. She's riding on her sister's coat tails ... :glare:

She is lovely. I think Asian features are so beautiful

:iagree:

She really and truly is gorgeous.

Stacia, thanks so much for sharing. :)

The kids and I looked at this slide show yesterday and we agreed that their wedding was much more beautiful, meaningful, exceptionally wonderful than the British royal wedding.

Everything was soooo GRAND!! It made us want to go and be there just to see it all!!

She is so stunning!

I read they met for the first time on a family trip when he was 17 and she was 7. I'm guessing the romance part didn't start right away. ;)

The kids and I looked at this slide show yesterday and we agreed that their wedding was much more beautiful, meaningful, exceptionally wonderful than the British royal wedding.

This wedding was beautiful, meaningful, and exceptionally wonderful for their culture, and Kate's and Will's was beautiful, meaningful, and exceptionally wonderful for theirs.:)