Menu

Anyone watching Project Runway this season?

Oh ugh on Olivier. His whining about bre*sts and the 'bigger' singer the next week made me want to gag. Are there no REAL people he associates with? Has he only designed for toothpick models? Bye, bye...

The whining, arguing, and crying this season have really gotten to me. I now DVR and zip through the waaaa, grrrr, and tissue parts.

It's terribly disappointing season. I can think of several designers who had to leave before Fashion week in past seasons who could easily whip these designers...

I'm still watching though....:tongue_smilie:

I love that show. :) Viktor and Anya are tops, I think. I never liked Oliver and didn't think he deserved to win the pet store challenge. The judges went on and on about disliking the use any actual fabric, but Oliver used the fabric cover of a doggy bed. Plus it was ugly. :tongue_smilie:

I thought Viktor should have won this week. :)

I'm sooooooo glad Oliver went home. His attitude annoyed me to no end. The outfit he put that singer in was atrocious.

I don't like Burt's clothes. They're too plain for me.

I also can't stand Joshua. He thinks he's a lot better than he really is.

I go back and forth loving Victor and Anya. They're both great.

I think Mundo should have won last season. I can't wait to see him next month on all stars!

I pretty much gave up after that episode. Olivier is over-the-top arty, but not a fashion designer. Seriously, dress a mannequin if you can't handle real people. I have had it with all the drama. Since they moved to lifetime, the personal drama has overshadowed the design process. I am sick of seeing all these crybabies and cat fights. Grow up and be adults, for crying out loud.

I love love LOVE Joshua! He's so neat and polished looking and, man, what a lil diva. lol! I love how he got all mom-like with Bert a couple of episodes ago..."I will NOT have it!!" :lol: We would probably clash bigtime IRL but the guy cracks me up. He's such a brat. lol!

I'm a big Victor fan!! I think his designs are amazingly intricate. And he rarely has the time management problems that Anya has. It also ticks me off that, on several first episodes, someone had to help her finish a collar or something. Her designs are all drapey and flow-y to hid that she can't sew well.

However, that said, she did an amazing job with $11.50 and muslin. And the top showed real, fitted designing for the first time. Still think Victor should have won, though.

Can't wait until the next episode. I think Victor, Anya, and Josh at the end. Bert, although he can design, is a bit boring.

We're big fans here, but Oliver drove us nuts. If he didn't want "fat" models with "HUGE Breasts" then he should be designing for sign posts, not people.

I really liked Anthony Ryan but he'd been struggling so much lately. I really think he should have won the pet store challenge with the bird seed dress.

I like Victor and think he'll make it to the end, but I'm not sure about the others.

I agree with whoever said Mondo should have won last season.

I love that show. :) Viktor and Anya are tops, I think. I never liked Oliver and didn't think he deserved to win the pet store challenge. The judges went on and on about disliking the use any actual fabric, but Oliver used the fabric cover of a doggy bed. Plus it was ugly. :tongue_smilie:

:iagree: with the bolded. Plus he put the wood chips on her eyebrows. :confused: What the heazy?! It REALLY irritated me (in addition to the not wanting women to have breasts bit) where he talked about how he didn't want to design for someone who talked back with him; he just wanted a model who would come and keep her mouth shut. :001_huh: Dislike!

I agree with whoever said Mondo should have won last season.

The fact that Gretchen with her nasty outfits, her constant whining and admission of not wanting to be there, throwing people under the bus left and right actually won still makes me want to scream at Nina and Michael.

Oliver was definitely creepy. Almost scary creepy IMO. I like Anya, Bert, & Viktor. The blonde that Nina dislikes so much - I don't think she deserves all the bad-taste comments. It doesn't make sense that she has bad taste but Joshue just has an editing problem? Some of his stuff is way worse than hers.

The fact that Gretchen with her nasty outfits, her constant whining and admission of not wanting to be there, throwing people under the bus left and right actually won still makes me want to scream at Nina and Michael.

Agree Agree Agree! I did NOT like her or her designs at all. Her arrogance really put me off.

The Misses and I were also on the "Oliver needs to go... NOW!" train. He was finicky, at best, and insensitively clueless, at worst. And he acted like a child.

Bleah.

Anya is our favorite, but the previews make it seem as if her lack of sewing experience will become an issue in the next episode.

We like Viktor's designs but are growing weary of his inner brat. As we say every season, "Less personality, more process."

I should add that I also love Christian Serriano to pieces. I think I have a thing for arrogant gay men. Are there therapy options for that??? :lol:

Oh, I love him to pieces. Every time I see his little Payless commercials, I just giggle with happiness for him. He's the first Project Runway winner to really make it BIG. I watch Joan Rivers (among other trashy celebrity gossip shows) and many stars wear his clothes on a very regular basis.

My favorite part of his season was when they were making outfits for the female wrestlers. One of the designer's outfits was really a glorified swimsuit. In Christian's interview he said, "so-and-so (I can't remember his name) is TOTALLY making a bathing suit, but I'm not going to tell him that." It was just so b!itchy and hilarious. I still laugh out loud when I think of it.

I agree that Josh is good entertainment and I enjoy a nice, catty, gay man, but his designs don't back up his attitude. THAT'S my problem with him.

I had a completely different reaction when I saw him crying about his mom. She died 2 years ago. It looked manipulative to me, just like everything he does. My mom died less than 2 years ago and I don't use that as an excuse to act like a Mean Girl. He is the reason I have sworn off the show for the rest of the season. My stomach just turns.

Anyone still watching? :D

I'm confused about when Kimberly seemed to be blaming Viktor for her dress getting burned? I thought she threw it on the gluegun, right?

Um... And can Anya really say with a straight face that it is too late in the competition to be helping anyone (when she was just given money and fabric in the last challenge - actually the person who gave her the money got kicked out and she won?!)

Anyone still watching? :D

I'm confused about when Kimberly seemed to be blaming Viktor for her dress getting burned? I thought she threw it on the gluegun, right?

Um... And can Anya really say with a straight face that it is too late in the competition to be helping anyone (when she was just given money and fabric in the last challenge - actually the person who gave her the money got kicked out and she won?!)

I am :seeya:

I am assuming that the Kimberly/Viktor thing was a joke and something got lost in editing. He didn't really seem upset when she said it and no one took it seriously.

And yeah, Anya just went way down in my estimation. Everyone has been helping her all season with sewing and giving money and teaching her how to dye, and now she can't help anyone else? Notice how upset she was over helping Kimberly BEFORE she (Anya) even needed help from Anthony Ryan. In my opinion, she just doesn't ever like helping anyone else.

And Josh needs to go. I watched After the Runway and the guy is a psycho. Now I'm thinking Viktor is my favorite to win.

I watched last week.

I hadn't realized that Anya was having to sew-in/cut-out her models every week. In my opinion, that's not really sewing. She needs to be called out on her inability to make buttonholes, zippers, and other closures. The clothes really need to be somewhat wearable. Also her time management is atrocious. I do like her style, I think she'll make it to fashion week, although I'm not sure she should.

I also didn't like that black raven thing she made. The judges loved it, but it looked like a high-class straight jacket to me. Maybe it needed a V-neck or something. It was just too much.

I'm still hating Josh, more and more each week. I'm still loving Victor more and more each week. Kimberly (is that the black girl's name) really pulled a rabbit out of her hat. At 30 minutes into the show I would have bet money she was on her way home. The dress she made was very nice, but I liked Victor's better. I like feathers. I'm dramatic like that. ;)

What do you all think about the picks for fashion week? With four people going, I'm not surprised with who they picked. I feel bad for Laura. She really wanted it, but her execution hasn't been great lately. It should be a good finale. I think it's Viktor or Anya in the end.

My satellite signal was misbehaving for the first 2/3 of the show. Did Anya make dresses with closures tonight? Or did she again sew her models into the clothes?

What do you all think about the picks for fashion week? With four people going, I'm not surprised with who they picked. I feel bad for Laura. She really wanted it, but her execution hasn't been great lately. It should be a good finale. I think it's Viktor or Anya in the end.

My satellite signal was misbehaving for the first 2/3 of the show. Did Anya make dresses with closures tonight? Or did she again sew her models into the clothes?

Someone remind me to read this thread tomorrow after I've watched it. :auto: (usually when I put something in writing, it helps me remember, so no one really has to remind me :lol:)