Menu

Scented Candles, Potpourri Warmer or Tart Warmer?

Which do you prefer?  

1. 1. Which do you prefer?

• Candles
    • Potpourri Warmer
    • Tarts
    • Other :)

Which do you prefer? I prefer candles but with 3 small children running around, it's just not going to happen. So I invested in Scentsy, although I have just as many "bars" from Walmart.

If you prefer candles what brand do you buy? I love Yankee Candle Company

If you prefer tarts what brand do you buy?

Of course there is always other! :D

I want scent in my house buy I refuse to bake pies and cookies every day!:tongue_smilie:

I love that I can leave it on all day, even go run errands, and not have to worry about it. The Scentsy ones are very fragrant.

I voted other - I use scented oils. They give a very light scent when I don't have a candle lit under them, or will really smell up the place if I do light the candle. I also like Yankee Candles and Bath and Body Works candles a lot too.

What kind of scented oils? What do you use them in? :)

I like Y*nkee Candle tarts very much. They're fragrant even when they aren't actually melting, KWIM? And I like Y*nkee Candles in general--good fragrance, long lasting, all that stuff.

For candles, though, my new favorite is Tyler Candles. They are SO fragrant, in a good way. :-) They're also excellent for eliminating cooking odors...I love bacon, but I don't want people to walk into my house several hours later and know what I cooked for breakfast :glare:, hence the candles. Tyler Candles seem to do better than Y*nkee Candles in that regard.

I've gotten them from Bath and Body Works in the past along with little oil burners that use a little tea light candle in the bottom. It's been awhile since I've bought some because they last a long time so I don't know if they still carry them. When you burn them, they really give off a lot of scent, so it doesn't take long to fill the house. We also have some little metal rings that fit on top of a light bulb that hold scented oils. When you turn on the lamp, it warms it up and releases the scent.

I just make my own room freshener with essential oils.

I don't really like candles since dh seems to forget about them. I don't have a tart warmer. If I had one I might be willing to use it if the tarts were made with essential oils. I have seen tarts on etsy, I was considering getting some there and trying it out.

Fragrances often bother my allergies.

I voted Candles, but I get the medium jar candles from Yankee Candle, burn them until they are about 2/3 gone and THEN put them on a candle warmer (or my flat stovetop) so that they last a long time. LOL

I have a large YC Harvest candle on my flat surface stovetop right now (on low...and I wouldn't do this if I didn't have this type of stove, btw) and it's so nice. I think I cut the wick too short and it stopped burning down evenly so the wick got lost and this helped me to save it. :D

Pretty much only pure beeswax candles for me. I can't get enough of that fresh, yummy, natural smell of beeswax.

Like some other posters, my allergies are really bothered by many scents and I tend to get headaches/dizziness from them as well.

:iagree: "Other" for beeswax and incense at our house.