Menu

Lets play: Guess what was in my drain

Ok, so all the sudden yesterday the sewer decided to come up in every single drain in my house. Both bathtubs, both showers (well- only 1 shower is separate from the bathtub) both toilets and both sinks in the bathroom and the sink in the kitchen. You can bet what MY house smelled like last night :ack2:

Anyways now that you all have a nice mental picture ;) we had the plumber here today. All day. Guess what finally got pulled out? This item went through where ever in the house it originated, through all the plumbing under the house to about 85ft away from my house before it got stuck and caused a clog.

We babysat for an 18mo old just over a week ago. Now- that being said- Guess what was in my drain. When I finally tell you you need to help ME figure out how it got as far as it did without getting stuck!!

While we were staying with dh in his apartment in Chicago over the summer, Keira flushed a handful of brand new pencils down the toilet. Why, I don't know. She had never flushed anything in AZ, but with 8 people living in a 2br apt with one bathroom, she decided THAT would be a good time to take up a new hobby. Luckily, my pencils weren't as talented as your slotted spoon and the super was able to snake them out. I was so embarrassed, but he said not to worry about it. Being in a college town, he said the apt bldg has seen its share of strange things in the pipes. Deodorant, toothbrushes, razors...you name it. College kids are forever dropping things in the toilet and then flushing while hoping the problem just goes away.

One time our system got clogged and my dad and brother went out to fix it. My dad pulled an orange out and figured that was it ~ my brother said he might want to wait a minute. A bit later he also pulled out a pair of pajama bottoms.:tongue_smilie:

Oh! That reminds me. When I still lived with my parents, our system clogged up in the late 80's. The roto rooter guys pulled out a t-shirt from 1972...they guessed it had belonged to one of the workers who built our house.

We haven't had any drain clogs, but we did have an unusual object blocking the garbage disposal. Small, and round, and two of them. It was Luke Skywalker's head, and helmet. I had wondered why he was lying around the house with no head! When I reattached him I noticed he now has a permanently surprised look on his face. Escaped the trash compacter, to find himself in the garbage disposal, LOL.

We haven't had any drain clogs, but we did have an unusual object blocking the garbage disposal. Small, and round, and two of them. It was Luke Skywalker's head, and helmet. I had wondered why he was lying around the house with no head! When I reattached him I noticed he now has a permanently surprised look on his face. Escaped the trash compacter, to find himself in the garbage disposal, LOL.

:lol::lol:

How did a slotted spoon even fit down the drain in the first place? In our house, it would never fit!

I have no clue. There is NO WAY that should have fit. That is what the plumber said also! He asked how how we did that :001_huh: All of our drains have covers (those strainer things) so the only real way was for the spoon to get flushed. Tell me how THAT works :001_huh:

Edited by wy_kid_wrangler04

So I guess you're buying a new slotted spoon?

Oh yeah LOL!

One time our system got clogged and my dad and brother went out to fix it. My dad pulled an orange out and figured that was it ~ my brother said he might want to wait a minute. A bit later he also pulled out a pair of pajama bottoms.:tongue_smilie:

:lol:

Oh! That reminds me. When I still lived with my parents, our system clogged up in the late 80's. The roto rooter guys pulled out a t-shirt from 1972...they guessed it had belonged to one of the workers who built our house.

I just want to know how on earth you knew it was from 1972... and if it was printed, how on earth it managed to stay legible for so long!

As for the slotted spoon, I'm impressed. I can only imagine what that would do to our septic tank...

I just want to know how on earth you knew it was from 1972... and if it was printed, how on earth it managed to stay legible for so long!

As for the slotted spoon, I'm impressed. I can only imagine what that would do to our septic tank...

Concert T. And I have no idea :D