Menu

And your favorite way to prepare pork tenderloin is...?

Here are our top two pork tenderloin recipes:

For savory:

http://www.foodnetwork.com/recipes/paula-deen/herb-crusted-pork-tenderloin-recipe/index.html

For slightly sweet:

PORK TENDERLOIN

6-8 strips of bacon

3-4 pork tenderloins

½ c. soy sauce

1 T. grated onion

1 clove garlic, crushed

1 T. vinegar

¼ tsp. cayenne pepper

¼ tsp. seasoned salt – (I use McCormick's Pork Seasoning)

½ C. granulated sugar

Wrap bacon around tenderloins; fasten with wooden picks. Place meat in baking dish. Combine soy sauce, onion, garlic, vinegar, cay¬enne, salt and sugar. Pour over meat. Let stand in refrigerator 4-5 hours, turning meat at least once while marinating. Roast in 300 oven 1 ½ - 2 hours, basting every 30 minutes. Serve meat juices separately to pour over meat. Serves 8-10.

Baked is good, easy, too.

The other thing I do is to take two of them and cook them in my crock pot on low for 8-10 hrs. About 1/2 hr before dinner, I take them out and shred them. Then I make a sauce on the stove with 1 chopped onion (browned), 3/4 cup ketchup, 1/3 cup brown sugar, 1/4 cup molasses, 3/4 cup cider vinegar, 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce, and 1 teaspoon each of dry mustard and red pepper flakes. Mix the sauce back in with the shredded tenderloins and cook on low for about 30 min to heat through. Serve on toasted kaiser rolls -- pulled pork sandwiches, yum!

Jamie Oliver's old show "Oliver's Twist" is on netflix and I just watched an episode last night where he prepped a pork loin - it was moist and juicy, and it looked crazy easy; almost made me want to eat it (and I don't eat pork)! If you have netflix, I think it was episode 9 (Abba Mania) - it's worth a watch.

I'm not sure it is the same type of cut but I did this with pork. I actually think I got my youngest to do it.

Perfect Pork Tenderloin

By BeachGirl on June 05, 2003

• Prep Time: 10 mins
  • Total Time: 1 1/4 hr
  • Serves: 4-5, Yield: 1 pork tenderloin

About This Recipe

"My #1 way to cook a pork tenderloin or a boneless pork loin because it's ALWAYS moist and tender. It's easy and foolproof! If you like, marinade the roast and rub with any seasonings that please your palate! If you enjoy this recipe and cooking method, you might want to try my roast beef version - Recipe #65987."

Ingredients

• 1 lb boneless pork tenderloins ( approximate)
    • salt and pepper
    • dry seasoning, of your choice ( thyme, savory, rosemary, garlic powder, onion powder, Italian seasoning, or a mixture)

Directions

• NOTE: The success of this cooking method will depend upon how accurate the temperature of your oven is and how well your oven retains heat. Adjust cooking time +/- according your individual oven.
  • Determine the EXACT weight of roast from the meat wrapper. Weight will determine how long to cook the roast.
  • Preheat oven to 500-550 degrees. Remove tenderloin from refrigerator. Season meat as desired. Place seasoned meat in an uncovered roasting pan.
  • Bake EXACTLY 5 1/2 minutes PER POUND. Adjust +/- according to your oven's accuracy and heat retention. Turn oven OFF and DO NOT open oven door for 1 hour. Remove from oven and let rest 5 minutes to redistribute internal juices. Roast will be done, very slightly pink in the center, and very moist.
  • NOTE:******* For anyone questioning this method of cooking, it really does reach the proper internal temperature on a thermometer. If you have an oven probe or a thermometer that has a wire that goes through the side of the oven door, by all means use it and set alarm for 140-145 degrees. It should go off before the hour is up. After resting 5-10 minutes, the roast should

Baked is good, easy, too.

The other thing I do is to take two of them and cook them in my crock pot on low for 8-10 hrs. About 1/2 hr before dinner, I take them out and shred them. Then I make a sauce on the stove with 1 chopped onion (browned), 3/4 cup ketchup, 1/3 cup brown sugar, 1/4 cup molasses, 3/4 cup cider vinegar, 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce, and 1 teaspoon each of dry mustard and red pepper flakes. Mix the sauce back in with the shredded tenderloins and cook on low for about 30 min to heat through. Serve on toasted kaiser rolls -- pulled pork sandwiches, yum!

Or if you are lazy like me, you pour a bottle of bbq sauce on it in the crockpot, cook all day, then shred.

Just did one like this -

pour soy sauce over the top (1/2 to 1 cup, maybe?)

sprinkle with dried thyme leaves and fresh ground black pepper

let stand a while, maybe 45 minutes

grill or slow cook, last week I put it in the crock pot on high for 4 hours

slice and serve

My DH loves it when I make Pork Tenderloin a la Mexicana by Rick Bayless . I don't roast the poblanos, and I've made it with either fire roasted or not fire roasted tomatoes.

Serves 4

• 2 large fresh poblano chiles
  • 1 to 1 ¼ pound pork tenderloin, cut into 1-inch cubes
  • Salt
  • 2 tablespoons vegetable or olive oil
  • 1 medium white onion, sliced ¼ inch thick
  • 3 garlic cloves, peeled and finely chopped or crushed through a garlic press
  • 1 28-ounce can diced tomatoes in juice (preferably fire-roasted), drained
  • ¾ cup beef broth OR 2/3 cup water with 2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
  • 1 large branch epazote OR ½ cup (loosely packed) coarsely chopped cilantro

1. Roast the peppers over an open flame or 4 inches below a broiler, turning regularly until blistered and blackened all over, 5 minutes for an open flame, 10 minutes for the broiler. Place in a bowl, cover with a kitchen towel, let cool until handleable.
  2. While the chiles are cooling, pat the meat dry on paper towels; sprinkle liberally with salt. Heat the oil a very large (12-inch) skillet over medium-high. Sprinkle the meat with salt. When the oil is hot, add the meat and cook in an uncrowded single layer, stirring and turning regularly, until browned all over, about 4 minutes. With a slotted spoon, remove to a plate, leaving behind as much oil behind as possible.
  3. Rub the blackened skin off the chiles and pull out the stem and seed pod. Rinse the chile flesh to remove bits of skin and seeds. Cut into ¼-inch strips.
  4. Return the skillet to medium-high heat. Add the onion and cook, stirring frequently, until browned but still crunchy, 4 to 5 minutes. Add the garlic and chile strips, stir until fragrant, then pour in the drained tomatoes, broth (or water-Worcestershire combo) and epazote (save the cilantro for the very end). Bring to a boil and let cook until lightly thickened, about 5 minutes. Add the meat to the pan (and cilantro, if that’s what you’re using). Reduce the heat to medium and simmer briskly until the pork is cooked through—I like it still a touch rosy inside, which usually takes about 5 minutes of simmering.
  5. Taste and season with salt, usually about 1 teaspoon. Remove the epazote from the pan and you’re ready to serve.

mix together:

one shredded apple

1/4 cup brown sugar

1/4 (or more) cup butter (melted)

about 1 1/2 inches of ground fresh ginger (take all the fibers out leaving just pulp)

let sit for about 1/2 hour

take pork loin and cut pockets into all sides.

stuff mixture in pockets and put into a bag with the rest to marinate for 1 or more hours.

cook in medium oven til 165 degrees.

brown the meat then layer it with slices of lemon and onion. Pour over about two cups (total) of water and tomato ketchup, a little salt and pepper. In the pressure cooker for about 15 minutes or in the slow cooker for most of the day. nom nom nom

Really easy and delicious, a favorite of our entire family:

Chop some garlic and mix with kosher salt and fresh rosemary to make a dry rub. Sprinkle all over a whole tenderloin. Bake at 375 for about 40 minutes or until meat reaches 135 degrees.

a tenderloin? Those are really small. I would marinate it like Mama Geek (or Soy Vey) and grill it quickly.

Now, if it's a pork loin

cube it and make kebobs with pineapple and red onion, marinated in soy/ salt/pepper/garlic, grill

slice it, pound, dredge in flour, fry, deglaze with wine, shallots, butter, thyme

slice, breadcrumbs (I season mine a lot), fry

roast-slice a big onion in 4, line the bottom of a pan, rub roast with rosemary, olive oil, salt, garlic, more rosemary, plunk it on top of the onions and roast. serve with roasted red bliss potatoes.

Grill. :) Marinate and grill.

Although...it's especially nice if you freeze it for about 30 minutes first. You can then slice easily and toss in a quick stir fry. Cut the tenderloin down the middle and then slice half moons. The cold meat will slice easily.

It is so *hot* & humid here. I can't even think about making the AC work overtime for anything that can be cooked outside!

If you don't have a grill, I am thinking there must be crockpot recipes? I can google that! I had too much caffeine tonight!

Edited by LibraryLover

Grill. :) Marinate and grill.

It is so *hot* & humid here. I can't even think about making the AC work overtime for anything that can be cooked outside!

If you don't have a grill, I am thinking there must be crockpot recipes? I can google that! I have had too much caffeine today!

Edited by LibraryLover

I throw it in the crock pot, douse it in white wine, add a banana pepper or two and let it cook all day until it's falling apart. Then, I drain off all the liquid and remove the peppers. I take half and add bbq sauce for pulled pork sandwiches, and use the other half for making "Chipotle" at home. (I add a little taco seasoning and have it on top of rice, with salsa, sour cream, cheese, and maybe some quacamole)

Slit it down the middle lengthwise. In a separate bowl, mix olive oil, garlic (I use about 1 tbsp but if you are't garlic fans use less), a bit of salt and pepper, and about 1 tbsp of lemon juice. Mix them together and then stuff the center cut of the tenderloin, before adding whatever is left to the outside bits. Cook at 450 for about 30-35 minutes.

If you like this, you can prep on-sale tenderloins with it before freezing them and then just sling them frozen into your crockpot on low all day.