Menu

Don't you just hate it when you say something...

really intelligent, or really funny, or really clever on these boards and no one quotes you? What's up with that?!? ;)

I can never figure out why everyone else does not recognize how insightful or witty my comment was! I eagerly look back at the threads where I posted, and no one has quoted me yet? How can they miss my brilliance? :lol:

BTW - just in case my silly tone does not translate as well as I think it does in writing, I AM JUST KIDDING!!!! :D

Oh - and BTW - I really think I'm being witty and a bit funny here! So quote away! Oh, and add lots of these :lol: or these :smilielol5:to show how funny I was! :D (shamless attempt)

really intelligent, or really funny, or really clever on these boards and no one quotes you? What's up with that?!? ;)

I can never figure out why everyone else does not recognize how insightful or witty my comment was! I eagerly look back at the threads where I posted, and no one has quoted me yet? How can they miss my brilliance? :lol:

BTW - just in case my silly tone does not translate as well as I think it does in writing, I AM JUST KIDDING!!!! :D

Oh - and BTW - I really think I'm being witty and a bit funny here! So quote away! Oh, and add lots of these :lol: or these :smilielol5:to show how funny I was! :D (shamless attempt)

You have been quoted. :D :lol:

:lol::lol: how cute!!

BTW- I wanted to add lots of smilies, but it said I am limited to 10.... and your awesome, brilliant, adorable, witty post took up most of those. ;-)

This is hysterical!!!:lol: i haven't laughed so hard in a long time! You are so clever and witty!

(My dry sarcasm doesn't translate at times on the internet so I feel your pain.:D)

Happens to me often as well. Sometimes I spend a long time writing out what I believe is an insightful, hopefully helpful answer, yet there is absolutely no response. This isn't always the case, but more often than not.

Just keep contributing anyway. You never know how humorous or helpful in some way your posts are to others, even if they don't let you know.

Blessings,

Lucinda

Here's one more. Maybe now you'll know we all think you are very clever and brilliant.

Hey, sassy is right, you used up all the smilies!!:cursing:

Now you have also been quoted AND the source of offense. The circle is now complete! Congrats! :tongue_smilie:

Oh my what brilliance. :D

Sorry, but I just can't bring myself to add those moving emiticons you want. They move and shake in a distrubing way. :p (So says the strange and easily disturbed woman who can't stand any moving images on her screen)

really intelligent, or really funny, or really clever on these boards and no one quotes you? What's up with that?!?

I can never figure out why everyone else does not recognize how insightful or witty my comment was! I eagerly look back at the threads where I posted, and no one has quoted me yet? How can they miss my brilliance?

BTW - just in case my silly tone does not translate as well as I think it does in writing, I AM JUST KIDDING!!!!

Oh - and BTW - I really think I'm being witty and a bit funny here! So quote away! Oh, and add lots of these :lol: or these :smilielol5:to show how funny I was! (shamless attempt)

this happens to me often, too! I don't understand it! Especially when I'm FAR more insightful, witty, intelligent, and plain ole more INTERESTING than you. So much so that you can't even compare the two of us!!!

:smilielol5::smilielol5::smilielol5:

I think this is the cutest post I've ever read. Of course mine are cuter, but you're a close second!;):lol::lol:

:lol::lol: how cute!!

BTW- I wanted to add lots of smilies, but it said I am limited to 10.... and your awesome, brilliant, adorable, witty post took up most of those. ;-)

I just deleted hers out. :D

(OP: I hope you know I'm KIDDING as well. I tend to be a bit obnoxious at times!)

this happens to me often, too! I don't understand it! Especially when I'm FAR more insightful, witty, intelligent, and plain ole more INTERESTING than you. So much so that you can't even compare the two of us!!!

I think this is the cutest post I've ever read. Of course mine are cuter, but you're a close second!;):lol::lol:

Oh, my....backing away slowly, slowly....(insert emoticon here)

Hey, sassy is right, you used up all the smilies!!:cursing:

Now you have also been quoted AND the source of offense. The circle is now complete! Congrats! :tongue_smilie:

Wow! Does that mean I truly belong now!!! :D (one more smilie for the road. Honestly - I'm addicted to the little buggers! :-)

and BTW - I think it's kind of funny that there is a limit to the use of smilies. It's like the WTM realizes how addicting they can be, and are limiting their use as a public service! ;)

You have been quoted.

how cute!!

This is hysterical!!! i haven't laughed so hard in a long time! You are so clever and witty!

(My dry sarcasm doesn't translate at times on the internet so I feel your pain.)

Happens to me often as well. Sometimes I spend a long time writing out what I believe is an insightful, hopefully helpful answer, yet there is absolutely no response. This isn't always the case, but more often than not.

Just keep contributing anyway. You never know how humorous or helpful in some way your posts are to others, even if they don't let you know.

Blessings,

Lucinda

Consider it cued and playing and everyone dancing around in celebration of your sheer awesomeness. :party:

Here's one more. Maybe now you'll know we all think you are very clever and brilliant.

Hey, sassy is right, you used up all the smilies!!

Now you have also been quoted AND the source of offense. The circle is now complete! Congrats!

Oh my what brilliance.

Sorry, but I just can't bring myself to add those moving emiticons you want. They move and shake in a distrubing way. (So says the strange and easily disturbed woman who can't stand any moving images on her screen)

I think this is the cutest post I've ever read. Of course mine are cuter, but you're a close second!

Oh, my....backing away slowly, slowly....(insert emoticon here)

Good! I'm glad you feel better. And see, I was right. No one quoted what I said either. :D

Blessings,

Lucinda

Can I just say, I LOVE YOU ALL! You all are AWESOME! :D

You know, I'd have to agree with you there! Thus, the quote! ;)

There is no response because, well, you have said it all, and in such a magnificent way that there is just nothing left to say or add. Everyone is standing in awe, speechless at your brilliance - right?

*you will have to imagine the bowing in awe smiley since I couldn't get it to post - I am obviously not as brilliant as you :)

It's kind of one of those things people feel, but don't admit to themselves. We all admire our opinions - don't we! ;):D

P.S. Consider yourself witty, funny, intelligent, and QUOTED! :D

Thanks! It is OK though really because usually if I am quoted it's because someone didn't like what I said.;)

There is no response because, well, you have said it all, and in such a magnificent way that there is just nothing left to say or add. Everyone is standing in awe, speechless at your brilliance - right?

You have such a sweet way to spin my discouragement into a compliment! I need to keep you around! I need your sweet way of seeing things in my life! :D

This! :001_smile::lol:

Sometimes things just need to marinate a bit before the true genius shines through :D. Consider yourself more highly evolved than the rest of us!

Signed,

Passenger on the Slow Boat

Hi, Rosie! Are you Australian?

ETA: Oh my! I just thought of this. Is it a bad word or phrase in Australia? Ooops and sorry if it is!!!

:rofl:

Yes I am, and it is not such a bad phrase as it appears to be in other parts of the world.

:D

Rosie

As the poster named "Quill," YES, I confess, I can't believe it when I say something brilliant or witty or totally hilarious and it just blows by like so much cyber-wind. Sometimes I put too much stock in my writing aspirations. :tongue_smilie:

Don't you just hate it when you say something really intelligent, or really funny, or really clever on these boards and no one quotes you? What's up with that?!?

I have no idea what you're talking about??? I've never had that experience. :confused:

:D :lol: :tongue_smilie:

These are truly words to live by. :D

Seeeee!!! I knew someone would finally recognize my genius someday! Others may say those common words, but there is a special way that I type them that makes all the difference! ;)

Thanks Maverick_Mom for seeing that difference! :D

ETA: You are so funny!!! It really made me ROFL when I saw your post!!!! YOU are the witty genius! I am the lowly wanna-be! :)

As the poster named "Quill," YES, I confess, I can't believe it when I say something brilliant or witty or totally hilarious and it just blows by like so much cyber-wind. Sometimes I put too much stock in my writing aspirations. :tongue_smilie:

*sigh* I feel your pain! BTW - I love the phrase "just blows by like so much cyber-wind". Spoken/Written like a true Quill!!!

P.S. What kind of things do you write? books? blogs? I ask because I have an interest in writing as well!

*sigh* I feel your pain! BTW - I love the phrase "just blows by like so much cyber-wind". Spoken/Written like a true Quill!!!

P.S. What kind of things do you write? books? blogs? I ask because I have an interest in writing as well!

Oh, *whew*! Thank goodness! Recognition - I drink of thee! :D

I have a blog, but it's dead. I haven't posted in almost a year. I write essays and I'm writing a book about loss and faith. There's a writer group here, but I don't think it sees any action.

Too true! Your avatar alone makes me want to quote you! You seem so intelligent, smart, dignified and yet, somehow, full of whimsy and fun! :001_smile:

Gosh, at least include the "I'm joking!" smilies when you quote me, LOL. Especially when I'm being a dork. :lol:

Thanks!!! I feel so much, more clever now!!!

I am fulfilled! (cue dramatic music) :Angel_anim:

:lol:

If it helps to know this, I'd quote all your posts, and add lots these guys :lol:, on the forum game thread, but I'm always afraid to reply too much as I have a tendency to kill unsuspecting threads. :tongue_smilie:

You have a great sense of humor!!! :)

I did quote you!!! You responded too quickly!!! How could I not quote such an amazing writer????? Another wonderful phrase "wind whistling through the cavern." You are so amazing that I am actually quoting you within a quote!:001_smile:

See what you started? Now you have to gratify the ego of all these people in this thread.

I'm totally glad. :D