Menu

s/o Amazon issues: shipping carriers

So, I have Amazon prime and we buy a lot of bulk food items from Amazon now....but lately they are using a new shipping carrier: Lasership.

Anytime they use this carrier my order is 'delayed' and thus I don't get it in the 2 day shipping frame Prime promises.

This last order took the cake :001_huh: It said they tried to deliver on a Saturday at 5pm. We were home, watching a movie and my son can see the front door from his chair...there is a window, so if anyone had come to the door and knocked or rang the bell we would have heard it and seen it.

I emailed to complain/contest but of being a weekend no one cared/answered/saw my email until Monday morning.

They come out Monday to deliver my package.

IT CAME VIA A HONDA CIVIC.

I kid you not. A foreigner/non-speaking-English man got out of his Honda Civic with my Amazon package. His car was full of Amazon boxes.

Can Lasership not afford trucks to deliver for Amazon???

I called and complained to Amazon...their response: "Wow, you are lucky you got that package" :001_huh: seriously? I pay for you to get it to me....it better show up!

My complaint to Lasership did reveal the man is from Thailand and doesn't speak much English. nice.

Has anyone else had the pleasure of having Lasership deliver your package? had the man spoken English I would have complained to him. But he just kept nodding his head and walked away. :glare:

We have the same problem with OnTrac even though the company has trucks and doesn't appear to be run by "foreigners." I just call Amazon and complain, and every time. Twice the packages were lost and replacements had to be sent.

That sounds annoying, but on Amazon's part. I don't really think a driver needs to be able to speak English very well to drive from place to place, and it's not his 'fault' he's Thai. If you think the company hires people without legal work permits, that's one thing, but if he has work papers, ...?

Most of my packages from FedEx are delivered by someone driving a UHaul rental.

If it's any consolation, I was once sitting in my living room looking out the window for 2 hours waiting for a package to arrive via UPS. I finally checked and it said no one was home. I called to complain. There was no way anyone even knocked on the door as it had snowed and there were no footsteps in the snow!

I'm also in NOVA. Most of my Amazon packages are delivered Lasership. I really like it because they deliver packages on Saturday and Sunday, unlike UPS. Last week we ordered a dvd from Amazon on Saturday afternoon, it was delivered to our house via Lasership Sunday at 7 a.m. But, yes, it is just a guy in a car. It always gives us the giggles because his car is literally stuffed to the roof with Amazon boxes.

I've never had the 2 day delay with them. If anything, I get the package earlier. I did have one problem with them about 6 or so months ago. They were putting my packages in my mailbox and the mailman would come and take the package out of the mailbox and return it to Amazon. I talked to Amazon, Amazon talked to Lasership, and it resolved the problem. Now they just put the box on my doorstep. Could something like that be happening to your packages?

Yes! This same thing has been happening to us more and more when we buy from Amazon. These tiny unmarked cars show up with a non-uniformed person who runs a package to the door. We're hesitant to open the door to unknown persons so this is bugging me. We're getting a headboard soon so that should be an interesting delivery. I'm gonna be real annoyed if that headboard is tied to the top of a clown-car!!

I've never had anyone other than UPS or FedEx deliver my amazon prime packages. The one shipping option that some places use which I hate is FedEx smartpost. Things can sit in a hub for weeks, and once the finally get it to the USPS office the tracking stops and who knows what can happen to it.

We've been using Amazon Prime for a couple years now and the vast majority of my packages arrive via UPS. A handful of times, they've come in unmarked personal cars, but those arrivals have always been a day early, never late. I've found it strange, but we've never had a problem with it. I would definitely call and complain if you were unhappy. I've found Amazon customer service to be fairly helpful and responsive when I've called.

I live in No Va too I get shipments from all kinds of shippers. Yes, I get non truck deliveries. I usually get these earlier than expected, not later. It doesn't bother me at all and I don't go out to talk to them. Lots of non Americans here doing lots of work. Doesn't bother me at all.

I was annoyed I couldn't ask him if he had really come that Saturday or lied about it since I was home and literally right by the door and knew no one had knocked or walked up the stairs to my door :001_huh:

I don't care if that is how they run their business but a magnet saying "package delivery" would be nice on the car. otherwise it's just a weird person I don't know coming to my door with my package that I expected UPS or Fedex to deliver. How do I know he hasn't opened up all those packages in the back of his car?

The fact I said out loud, "Oh wow, a Honda Civic for delivery??", and he didn't know what I said is a little bothersome. How does he read the road signs? :tongue_smilie:

I had an Amazon delivery a couple of days ago (not Prime, but the regular free Amazon shipping) that came in a pickup truck with a cap. He just left it between the front doors, so I didn't speak to him; I just saw him as he was headed back to his truck. I thought it was strange, but also nice that it's another kind of job to have. Kind of like newspaper delivery, only packages instead?

How does he read the road signs? :tongue_smilie:

I don't think you need to be able to speak English to read a map and road signs. I live in Germany and my German is far from stellar (at first it was non-existent) and I still manage to drive from place to place. My French is worse than my German, and I drove through Paris (which I don't suggest).

I've never had anyone other than UPS or FedEx deliver my amazon prime packages. The one shipping option that some places use which I hate is FedEx smartpost. Things can sit in a hub for weeks, and once the finally get it to the USPS office the tracking stops and who knows what can happen to it.

Smartpost is the WORST! Right up there with UPS Basic (which Gymboree uses for their basic shipping). My Amazon stuff comes 90% UPS, with a little FedEx and USPS. I will NOT be happy if my Amazon stuff starts taking longer to get here.

I personally wouldn't accuse someone of lying, or try to corner them into admitting something, whether they speak English or not. Could be dangerous and at best ineffective.

Wouldn't he have to have a driver's license? This does seem like a good job for someone with limited English. But maybe he has a hearing problem, who knows. The FedEx employees usually are in full run mode when they deliver. They don't make small talk with me at all.

This is essentially what dh does, although his company specializes in human tissue, electronics, etc. Sometimes he picks stuff up at FedEx to take it to the airport--that's one of the ways they make 2-day shipping, etc happen.

One of the main things the co does, though, is umbilical cord blood. So dh will show up at your house (for a home birth) in his unmarked car & take your cord blood kit.

What's funny is...if you saw dh, you wouldn't think twice (probably) about handing something over. (And he does have an pic id.) BUT he's pretty clean-cut. Not all of the drivers are. Eek!

But, yeah, if you're having surgery & need a new liver or some kind of tissue transplant for your knee or whatever, dh will pick it up at the at the airport & hand deliver it to your dr. And dh is just a guy in a car. It does look less official, but it's much more expensive *because* it's one guy, one package. (Which I realize isn't exactly what's going on w/ the Amazon packages.)

We have the same problem with OnTrac even though the company has trucks and doesn't appear to be run by "foreigners." I just call Amazon and complain, and every time. Twice the packages were lost and replacements had to be sent.

I've heard similar complaints about OnTrac from others.

I wouldn't really care who delivered it or what they drove to get it here but if I paid for prime I'd expect the two day shipping, anything less would be unacceptable for in stock items.

Exactly.

FWIW, I order quite a bit from Amazon as well and it's always UPS. Never have they used another carrier- not even USPS.

If your packages are being delivered late, you should call Amazon. The few times my packages were late I called, another item was dispatched with overnight delivery.

If you call them and explain the problem you have with their delivery method, and call enough times, they may decide to deliver your packages with another carrier. It is worth a try.

So far only Fed Ex, UPS, and USPS has delivered here. I had no idea about the other shippers.

We just did a pretty big order from Amazon and it is coming by three different carriers. Ups, fedEx, and abf. I had to google the latter since I hadn't heard of them. One package was set to arrive today. I was home except for 30 minutes at the park. My email said, "voice mail message left, requires buyer action." Sure enough abf called while I was at the park. My voice mail is not set up yet, though. Good thing I have caller ID.

I have had two packages arrive opened from Amazon in the past. One was just not taped well. The other was opened before shipping and part of the order was missing. It was obvious that the box had not been tampered with.

All of our carriers are well known. UPS, USPS, DHL, Fed EX.... I don't think I have had anything take more that 48 business hours, and once I even got something in less that 24 hours from an opposite coast. That amazed me quite honestly!

Sorry, you have had problems. I would call and ask if there was a way to designate a carrier, even if it meant that it would be delivered later.

The squeaky wheel gets the grease.