Menu

A totally trivial poll re jello

In what order do you prepare jello?  

1. 1. In what order do you prepare jello?

• hot water, jello, stir, cold water
    • jello, hot water, stir, cold water
    • obligatory other

When you make jello, do you put the hot water in first, then the jello, stir, then the cold water; or, do you put the jello in first, then the hot water, stir, then the cold water?

No matter which way I do it, and no matter how much I stir, there is always some jello residue left . . .:glare: so - which way do you prepare the jello?

I mico hot water in a glass 4 cup pyrex measuring cup. Then add powder, stir. Then add cold water and pour into what ever pan I plan to let it set up in (or more likely 'over the cake' that I made it for').

I only make Jello once every couple of years when I make the white cake with Jello poured over it, topped with whipped cream. I can't remember the last time I made it to eat as Jello.

When you make jello...

Stop right there. I've never made jello. Jello is far, far removed from anything I would ever want to consume (aside from post-op, in which cases I still didn't clamor for it) or want others to consume. I am therefore an obligatory other.:D

Stop right there. I've never made jello. Jello is far, far removed from anything I would ever want to consume (aside from post-op, in which cases I still didn't clamor for it) or want others to consume. I am therefore an obligatory other.:D

Bet you don't make instant *pudding* either :tongue_smilie:

I mico hot water in a glass 4 cup pyrex measuring cup. Then add powder, stir. Then add cold water and pour into what ever pan I plan to let it set up in (or more likely 'over the cake' that I made it for').

I only make Jello once every couple of years when I make the white cake with Jello poured over it, topped with whipped cream. I can't remember the last time I made it to eat as Jello.

Ds loves the jello cake you referred to!

I make jello most often for the cake, but, if someone isn't feeling well, drinking freshly made liquid jello (especially the red ones, i.e., cherry, strawberry, and raspberry for us, but any flavor the ill one can stomach) is good for you. I remember long years ago when my dad wasn't doing very well (again) and the doctor sent him home to die - the doctor was totally surprised to see him show up for his next appointment, not only alive but also greatly improved. The only different thing that had been done (since he couldn't eat), was that my mother gave him a steady diet of liquid jello to drink. He rallied, and stunned the doctor. The doctor said to keep it up and began advising some of his patients to do the same vis-a-vis the jello! My crew and I find that, when ill, drinking jello feels good, tastes good, and gives us a bit of energy, while also being able to hold it down (in small amounts) on a sick stomach.

Guess I really sidetracked myself there . . . I meant to comment on the cake only because it's so rare that I hear someone mention it much less know that you can make a cake with jello!

I'm not even going to ask why . . . I don't want to know . . . I need a smilie that is covering its' ears . . . :)

So many anti-jello people! :confused: :001_smile:

We make it every great once in a while, but I have the same problem with the leftover undesolved bits. Maybe someone will have better advice for I have tried making it both ways in your poll.

I do it exactly like TapTapTap:

"I mico hot water in a glass 4 cup pyrex measuring cup. Then add powder, stir. Then add cold water and pour into what ever pan I plan to let it set up in..." It does take alot of stirring even with the hot water. I probably stir for 3-5 minutes to get most of the powder dissolved.

I'm with her.

I refuse to do it the exact same way every time. :D

The key to getting rid of the granules is to stir a loooooonnngggg time before adding the cold water. I've never had a problem. Maybe a good 2 minutes or more.

The better question would be How long do you stir before adding in the cold water?

ETA: After reading the thread, the better question would be "If you make jello, how long do you stir?" Is it normal to turn a jello-making advice thread into an opportunity to take a stand against jello-eating?

Q. So how long does it take you to complete a Saxon math book?

A. How dare you use Saxon math.

Seriously? :confused:

Long Live Jello!! :D

Edited by silliness7

I refuse to do it the exact same way every time. :D

The key to getting rid of the granules is to stir a loooooonnngggg time before adding the cold water. I've never had a problem. Maybe a good 2 minutes or more.

The better question would be How long do you stir before adding in the cold water?

ETA: After reading the thread, the better question would be "If you make jello, how long do you stir?" Is it normal to turn a jello-making advice thread into an opportunity to take a stand against jello-eating?

Q. So how long does it take you to complete a Saxon math book?

A. How dare you use Saxon math.

Seriously? :confused:

Long Live Jello!! :D

Which would make me gag harder, Jello or Saxon Math? :D

Bill