Menu

Would you let your 14 ds watch Lost with you

I am home bound for the next 6 weeks due to ankle reconstruction surgery. No driving, no running around. So I thought I would like to rewatch Lost and thought my son might enjoy it too. He is intelligent and mature (for a 14ds); I think he would like the literary references in it. I just can't recall what would be horrible for him to see - besides it being generally scary and stuff.

Well, inappropriate relationships abound, along with scant clothing, but your son could probably handle it. Lots of fodder for discussion. My teens and I watched it last year and had lots of great conversations, many about theology.

Just hope he can handle lots of loose ends and a rather weak explanation for the last season's episodes. :glare:

Yes, I would. My younger sons have seen parts of it with dh and me.

I don't recall any problems with LOST other than the moral issues that almost all of the characters faced throughout the show and the incredibly frustrating ending. :glare: I swear if they don't use some mind blowing magic to fix Fringe I am going to boycott Abrams.

I've always thought about watching Fringe but haven't. Now I'm glad. The ending to LOST was terrible! Until the flash sideways garbage, I would have said it was the best show ever. :tongue_smilie:

I would unless he is easily frustrated. Of course, he will not have the issue of religiously watching the show for SIX FLIPPING YEARS, staying up late at night wondering what the heck is going on, thinking about the show all week, only to be spoon-fed that heaping pile of snot of a last episode.

Lost is easily one of my favorite shows ever.;):lol:

Yes, even though I'm not there yet with my sons. I do look forward to being able to watch deeper shows like Lost with them in the future. My sister and BIL are watching the series right now for the first time. They just finished season 1, and she has been FULL of questions... most of which I cannot answer, but it's so fun to hear her question/discuss/predict the show, knowing how it all ends. :D

I would unless he is easily frustrated. Of course, he will not have the issue of religiously watching the show for SIX FLIPPING YEARS, staying up late at night wondering what the heck is going on, thinking about the show all week, only to be spoon-fed that heaping pile of snot of a last episode.

:iagree: I wouldn't recommend anyone watch it, after that let down, regardless of their age. :glare:

We are watching the first episode now. He already has too many questions. We'll see if we make it through. I can't remember when the risque scenes are except the one with Kate and Sawyer in the cage. I honestly don't remember much from the flashbacks. I will enjoy watching it. I haven't seen the last episode since it was on; maybe it will more sense...

YES.

There is that. I prefer to think I ended it better in my own head.

:iagree: I wouldn't recommend anyone watch it, after that let down, regardless of their age. :glare:

:lol::lol::lol::lol:

There are a few intimate scenes, mostly with Sawyer (surprise!), and there was one of Sayid in a towel (pause to enjoy the memory), but I wouldn't have issue with watching them with my son. He bailed on me after season two.

There is that. I prefer to think I ended it better in my own head.

:lol::lol::lol::lol:

There are a few intimate scenes, mostly with Sawyer (surprise!), and there was one of Sayid in a towel (pause to enjoy the memory), but I wouldn't have issue with watching them with my son. He bailed on me after season two.

You HAD to mention Sawyer and Sayid in a towel. Just when I thought I was over them.

We just watched Deus Ex Machina episode today--I had forgotten how very cruel John Locke's dad was.

If you had a younger child, I'd say it's not only the s#x, but also the very serious abuses people suffer on that show. People are shown as quite cruel--remember, there's drug abuse, smuggling, Charlie being hung, Kate burning down her house with her dad in it (or step dad--wasn't sure if her mom had been married two or three times), Jin being the "muscle" for a mobster, and then the whole con thing and John Locke's dad thing--

So, we may not go past the first season at this point.

The ending to LOST was terrible! Until the flash sideways garbage, I would have said it was the best show ever. :tongue_smilie:

Of course, he will not have the issue of religiously watching the show for SIX FLIPPING YEARS, staying up late at night wondering what the heck is going on, thinking about the show all week, only to be spoon-fed that heaping pile of snot of a last episode.

When I think of the brainpower that I wasted trying to figure out all of those "riddles"...:cursing:

I think it would be fine for a 14 year old. Of course, you might not want to let him watch that horrible finale.

You HAD to mention Sawyer and Sayid in a towel. Just when I thought I was over them.

sigh :001_tt1:

I had forgotten a lot of it. The backstories are quite twisted. We will see how it goes. I am enjoying watching it from the start. He picked up quickly on John Locke's reference to the dark and the light when he explains how to play backgammon. I did instruct him not to even ask about the polar bear, or the smoke.

It was my favorite television series of all time. I think I just wayyyy overestimated network television's ability to show truly mind-stimulating programming. Anyway, I personally think it's fine for kids. My whole family watched the series as it was released...with just a bit of eye-covering and head-turning. ;)