Menu

what brand of non-flouride toothpaste do your kids like?

My kids like the Tom's of Maine Silly Strawberry. I think I've tried the Burt's Bees Orange one, too, but I think they prefer the strawberry. I have to buy those brands because the main ones (Crest, Colgate, etc.) all have dye and my youngest is allergic. Plus the main ones have saccharine.

We made the switch to Eco-Dent tooth powders about 4 months ago. I'll never use anything else. They're fluoride free, glycerin free and SLS free. Plus, you can't beat the price. That little bottle really does last over 200 brushings. We like all the flavors. My 3 y/o daycare boy prefers the lemon-lime. The rest of us like the mint or cinnamon.

We made the switch to Eco-Dent tooth powders about 4 months ago. I'll never use anything else. They're fluoride free, glycerin free and SLS free. Plus, you can't beat the price. That little bottle really does last over 200 brushings. We like all the flavors. My 3 y/o daycare boy prefers the lemon-lime. The rest of us like the mint or cinnamon.

what are tooth powders? and where do you get them??

If I remember well, Tom's of Maine is pretty abrasive.

My favorite non-flouride "toothpaste"? Dissolve some xylitol in a bit of water and put some on a toothbrush. If desired, add a drop or two of liquid peppermint castille soap. It works well on its own, though.

I've used the Eco-dent powders...mint and lemon-lime. My kids did NOT like either one. That's been a while, though.

I think I found Eco-dent at Whole Foods once (I've only been there twice) and I'm thinking the other time it was at my local health food store. Vitacost.com has it, too.

Snappy Jaws Strawberry. Not only is it fluoride free it's made with Xylitol which is good for the teeth and can help stop tooth decay and has been proven to reverse it. :D

I only went with it because it was Fluoride free. Not only don't we want the kids have the fluoride, one of our children has a chemical reaction to fluoride where it will literally turn his teeth green. It's gross and creepy.

JASON SeaFresh seems to be the house fave. But they also like PowerSmile and the orange one, though we rarely get that because it's a smaller tube ;)

They also use Burts Bees. Just mint, nothing 'special', I don't know if it has some other name.

We found Toms of Maine to bee too stringy. We had such a hard time getting past that I'm not sure anyone cared to comment on taste. LOL

But SeaFresh...definitely! Minty, but mild enough for sensitive kids. (PowerSmile packs a pretty hefty peppermint kick, it's too much for my youngers, who never complain about anything)