Menu

Good Luck and God Bless!

Is sure to offend everyone, right? :tongue_smilie:I just want to end some posts with something like "Blessings" but don't know what to say.

Why do you care what other people think?

(Incidently, I would not be offended by signing off with good luck and/or God Bless.)

To me even though I am not a Christian if someone who is one says God Bless or Blessings it is special. It means something to the person saying it therefore it translates that they care enough to share that with you. Clear as mud? Things sound so much better in my head.

I'll make it brief then. I appreciate it.

I think that Good Luck is just an expression of well wishes, but some (like my mom) consider it wrong, like worshiping the god of luck, so then I could substitute Blessings, but then there are some who would think that I am wrong in wishing my God to Bless others.

So... I wish you well? But that just doesn't sound as nice to me as Good Luck or Blessings to You.

Anyway, this isn't a debate... just amusing.

I think that Good Luck is just an expression of well wishes, but some (like my mom) consider it wrong, like worshiping the god of luck.

There is a god of luck? Maybe I should get worshipping because I am severly lacking there lately.:tongue_smilie:

To me even though I am not a Christian if someone who is one says God Bless or Blessings it is special. It means something to the person saying it therefore it translates that they care enough to share that with you. Clear as mud? Things sound so much better in my head.

Thank you.

I actually think "Blessings" is pretty generic. I'm an atheist, but I still believe the world can confer blessings upon us in whatever way it works--blessings from others, blessings of luck, blessings of nature, blessings from God, if that's what someone else believes. I don't find it offensive at all, so I think it's a nice sign-off, personally!

Edited by melissel
Fixing my wording!

I actually think "Blessings" is pretty generic. I'm an atheist, but I still think the world can confer blessings upon us in whatever way it works--blessings from others, blessings of luck, blessings of nature, blessings from God, if that's what someone else believes. I don't think it's offensive at all, so I think it's a nice sign-off, personally!

See that is how I used to pretty much look at it, until someone "corrected" me.

I love it when someone has Blessings in their signature and their post says something rude and nasty.:001_huh::lol:

Well, you see, I find people who take everything far too seriously and 'correct' other people's well-intentioned wishes are the most offensive of all.

God Bless and may the Force be with you

(or 'Keep your pecker up' as some English people say - honestly :D)

Edited by Cassy

:iagree:I am a Christian, but I agree with the rest of this statement. It's about the intent.

I like to sign off with "all the best to you" because it is kind and spiritually neutral. No one has ever given feedback about offense. I try hard to be spiritually neutral unless I am clear that a poster is Christian, in which case I let my Jesus flag wave.:D

Say whatever you want to say. If you're saying anything milder than "Naff Off" or "A pox on you and all your kin" or "God's coming after ya if ya don't agree with me!" then any offense is completely the responsibility of the reader.

You think too much, Hon.

:grouphug:

Rosie