Menu

WooHoo...We got our Tax rebate!!! Anyone else??

We received ours today and it was less than we had anticipated as well?? :confused: We're trying not to be disappointed, but it was supposed to be used for gas money to my brother's wedding next week - 2500 miles round trip. I'm afraid to calculate the actual cost of gas once charged to a credit card and paid over several months. :glare:

I ran the calculator yesterday, so I knew ahead of time. At least it's only $283 less. My aunt won't get anything for her son because he just turned 18 in October. Stinks.

Will she not get the single or couple rebate?

Yep and I haven't had this much money in our account AFTER paying bills since I was working. It's exciting, strange and scary all at the same time, like there's a shoe about to drop and we'll need the money for an emergency. Shivers. I'm pretending it's not there, transferred it all to savings and then after we move- I'll pay off some bills unless the shoe drops. :)

She is getting just over $400. She is getting a portion of her single, but nothing for her son.

For those of you wondering about your rebate, if you take line 52 and line 57 of your taxes (form 1040) and add them together, that's what you'll expect back for your single/couple portion. Then add your kids in at $300 each. This is how I got my number, and it was correct, except that they gave me an extra 70 cents. :D

I read that 5 million direct deposits were going to be made today with stimulus checks.

So, do you think the fact that I am not seeing mine this morning should alarm me?

We filed using Free File, so there was no fee charged. But does this mean we will still be getting a paper check, like Turbo Tax filers? Also, the IRS site still says it doesn't have info. about our rebate. HHHMMMM...off to wonder!

Yep and I haven't had this much money in our account AFTER paying bills since I was working. It's exciting, strange and scary all at the same time, like there's a shoe about to drop and we'll need the money for an emergency. Shivers. I'm pretending it's not there, transferred it all to savings and then after we move- I'll pay off some bills unless the shoe drops. :)

I'm laughing because this rings so true! Except for the savings part because try as I might I can't forget it is there, lol. :001_smile:

Stimulus Calculator

Schedule of Payments (Please keep in mind it's based on how you received your tax refund. We used Turbo Tax, but we still had our refund direct deposited, so that's also how we received our stimulus payment. It just hit our bank this morning.)

Frequently Asked Questions

I hope this helps! I did all of this research yesterday. :)

Ours came today! I promptly scheduled a payment for our "piggyback" mortgage. This year's (regular) tax refund paid off the car . After next year's, we'll be done with the little mortgage. And that will leave just the "big" mortgage!

But my dream of a bedroom set keeps getting pushed back further and further into the future...

--Korrie

Ours came this morning! A few dollars less than expected but not much...whew!

Rainbow Resource here I come:D

Then the rest is in savings till we figure out what to do with it...like vacation to Florida to visit father in law.:hurray:

We got ours today, although it was a lot less than I was expecting. Ah, well. Mustn't grumble. It's more than we had yesterday, right? :)

Ditto. I forgot about my little bitty Pinecone Research checks, :tongue_smilie: BUT, it's more than we had yesterday, and it will help us do some much needed things sooner than we would have otherwise so I'm grateful.

Amazingly, the long-overdue maintenance items on our 8yo van (which we intend to keep at least 4 more years) came to almost exactly the amount of our rebate.

Satisfying to have it done and paid for, but still not a 48" flat-screen LCD!:glare:

[quote name=J

We filed using Free File' date=' so there was no fee charged. But does this mean we will still be getting a paper check, like Turbo Tax filers? Also, the IRS site still says it doesn't have info. about our rebate. HHHMMMM...off to wonder![/quote]

So people that used Turbo Tax will get paper checks?? :glare:

So people that used Turbo Tax will get paper checks?? :glare:

As far as I understand, if you used TT or H&R Block etc , and paid your filing fees out of your refund, you will get a paper check. If you used TT or H&R Block etc and used a credit card or debit or alternate way to pay the fees and you did NOT have it taken out of your refund, then you should get a DD.