Menu

Another Ken Ham FB post

Did anyone see his tsunami cartoon FB post yet? I don't want to link it, because my personal info. seems to keep coming up on the link (maybe someone else knows how to link it properly?).

This seems so hateful to me. One influential person in the Christian community now publicly making fun of other influential Christian people? It seems more like a political ad than someone genuinely wanting to help other people.

• Replies 117
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Did anyone see his tsunami cartoon FB post yet? I don't want to link it, because my personal info. seems to keep coming up on the link (maybe someone else knows how to link it properly?).

This seems so hateful to me. One influential person in the Christian community now publicly making fun of other influential Christian people? It seems more like a political ad than someone genuinely wanting to help other people.

Wow. He's gone Pat Robertson on us.

I think it is tactless and vulgar to use something like the tsunami in a cartoon. Maybe we should go back to discussing how to help the Japanese and others affected by the real catastrophe. People are still missing, bodies are still being found.

To equate this kerfluffle he created in any way, shape, or form to the real suffering people are experiencing is narcissistic and cruel.

*sigh* One thing (of many!) that gets me is this idea that Dr. Enns says to not tell children about sin. I read the Parent's Guide and he said to not emphasize that to the point that we end up manipulating them to be saved. He doesn't say to never mention the concept of sin at all. Ken Ham isn't the only one who picked that out. I've seen it elsewhere.

Let's not forget that Dr. Enns hasn't said a word. Whether you agree with his theology or not, that shows a lot about his character. I'm impressed.

Oh. Em. Gee. One of the commenters just said that biblical compromise is a bigger deal than a tsunami. Someone take my keyboard NOW before I do the like-post-unlike move and regret it in the morning! I'm sorry but when people DIE in a tsunami they don't GET to hear the gospel if they haven't already. I think that is a MUCH bigger issue than whether or not someone has all the details about creation just right. Good grief. People disgust me sometimes.

*sigh* One thing (of many!) that gets me is this idea that Dr. Enns says to not tell children about sin. I read the Parent's Guide and he said to not emphasize that to the point that we end up manipulating them to be saved. He doesn't say to never mention the concept of sin at all. Ken Ham isn't the only one who picked that out. I've seen it elsewhere.

Let's not forget that Dr. Enns hasn't said a word. Whether you agree with his theology or not, that shows a lot about his character. I'm impressed.

Actually Dr. Enns did speak. He wrote a blog post about forgiveness. It's linked in this thread.

I have been corrected, this was an older post. Still a good post, just not a commentary on the current situation.

http://www.welltrainedmind.com/forums/showthread.php?t=261278

Edited by elegantlion

To equate this kerfluffle he created in any way, shape, or form to the real suffering people are experiencing is narcissistic and cruel.

No, I think what the cartoon means is that we will be judged with a tsunami if we believe in evolution...whathave you. He's saying that because we've not believed the true word of God (as he sees it) we're bringing judgment against ourselves.

Edited by justamouse

Wow. He's gone Pat Robertson on us.

Aw...I ignore it when those guys say things like that due to their age (my great grandmother used to sing It's a Small World" at inappropriate moments and make people feel her feet) I just figure they have gone senile and got away from their handlers or something.

I guess that sort of thing can strike younger

Aw...I ignore it when those guys say things like that due to their age (my great grandmother used to sing It's a Small World" at inappropriate moments and make people feel her feet) I just figure they have gone senile and got away from their handlers or something.

I guess that sort of thing can strike younger

:smilielol5:

Actually Dr. Enns did speak. He wrote a blog post about forgiveness. It's linked in this thread.

I have been corrected, this was an older post. Still a good post, just not a commentary on the current situation.

http://www.welltrainedmind.com/forums/showthread.php?t=261278

Oh, thank you for linking to that! Even being an older post, I enjoyed reading it and hadn't seen the thread yet. It's goin' on my facebook page;)

While I think what KH has done is inappropriate on many levels, let's please not lower ourselves to that level by calling him weird nicknames and things like that. It only makes us look less classy...

You cannot let down your guard. AiG is letting the bullets fly indiscriminately. We need to just keep our heads down and behave graciously and pray for SWB and PHP, as well as KH, as much as we may not want to pray for him right now...more than ever, we should.

So now he's called EVERYONE who doesn't believe in his manner a compromiser? :glare:
I thought we were were all pagans?

:iagree: there is already a percentage justifying themselves as persecuted. Don't feed the victim mentality.

While I think what KH has done is inappropriate on many levels, let's please not lower ourselves to that level by calling him weird nicknames and things like that. It only makes us look less classy...

You cannot let down your guard. AiG is letting the bullets fly indiscriminately. We need to just keep our heads down and behave graciously and pray for SWB and PHP, as well as KH, as much as we may not want to pray for him right now...more than ever, we should.

So did the Japanese "deserve" this? :glare: Very poor taste, Pork and Beans. :(

There are *many* churches that are preaching that they did, and that more is coming for us.

So, he's a member of Westboro Baptist then?

At least I'm not the only one who thinks like that...

I have not stopped praying for all involved and for those who are following him. It is my greatest hope that he apologizes, corrects himself and brings those he's drawing out back into communion.

I'm going to spew exotic berry cooler all over my computer. :lol: I'm still waiting on the goat before I announce it to the world.

I admit I am excited. I always wanted a goat I just never thought I would get one for being booted from my religion.

Is that like on Price is Right?

"oh...you didn't win the car but here is a buttload of toothpaste"

"You didn't get the religion of your choice, have a goat!"

Edited by Sis

Me, too. I hope he gets invited to the new Philly conference. Or that I can find some of his recent convention teachings online sometime (I wonder if PHP or OBB will ever carry them??).

Last night when I was talking to an old friend of mine who used to work at the Creation Museum, she asked me (after I'd told her about all the stuff Ham has been publishing) what Enns had been publishing/posting about all this. I told her I hadn't seen anything - he seems to be silent. She said, "Well, that says that he is walking the high road," and I agreed.

I took it as a direct attack on SWB and Dr. Enns;

So now he's called EVERYONE who doesn't believe in his manner a compromiser? :glare:

These illustrate how I interpreted it, too.

Ahh, what the internet has done to me... when something is funny, I think "laugh out loud!" in my head and when I agree with a statement I think, "like!" I'm forgetting how to use actual words to express myself:lol:

Thank you for the excellent reminder:)

Yes, we need to be gracious. Jeering is not our calling.

Oh good grief. I thought I was searching for Ken Ham from my facebook page but accidentally posted his name to my wall. Help

Go to your profile, there should be a little x that you can use to delete that. Just click on the picture that Sis posted in her post.