Menu

Is Netflix down for anyone else too?

Yes. They just posted this on their website (or more accurately, when you try to get to their website, this is what comes up instead):

We are sorry, the Netflix website and the ability to instantly watch movies are both temporarily unavailable.

Our engineers are working hard to bring the site and ability to watch instantly back up as soon as possible. We appreciate your patience and, again, we apologize for any inconvenience this may cause. If you need further assistance, please call us at 1-877-445-6064.

I just got off the phone with a surprisingly wonderful customer service rep. She said there is no official time she can say it will be back up, but that she has heard reports that a few types of streaming devices are already working again. She also said to check my email in the next 24 hours for an apology and whatever they end up doing to "make it right" for everyone.

For anyone who doesn't know ... the major networks ( abc / nbc / fox ) all have full episodes of shows on their sites ... you just gotta put up with commercials ...

Also .. you can go to sites like sidereel, fancast, watchseries ... etc... and watch stuff for free too.

Although most of what I let the boys watch is stuff on NetFlix I watch stuff a lot that is from the sites I listed above too.

HTH,