Menu

Does anyone else really have to fight sarcastic replies and dark humor . . .

• Replies 148
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I really had no idea about some of you (some of you *raises eyebrow* I knew), there are so many sarcastics here.

I'm sarcastic mostly with my family because I know I can be and they will "get it" and not get all offended. With normal human beings I'm just my usual silly self and utilize sarcasm lite. :)

My kingdom for a high school credit for that. We'd be done hsing my oldest dd.

lol :lol:

"Film Studies and their influence on the modern culture." .5 credit

I could so spin that into a credit. Essays on vernacular. Watching and comparing the historical significance of Monty Python. Add Jabberwocky (the movie) and some King Arthur readings and some fairy tale readings as well. Yup, sounds good to me.

Awesome! I want to go to school at your house! :)

Don't forget field trips into the community to practice the art form on unwitting locals. ;)

:lol:

Not so much Monty, but Princess Bride? Oh yes...

Let me 'splain, no there is too much, let me sum up....

Ah... I need to watch it again

You keep using that word. I do not think it means what you think it means. :D

I shall prepare the coconut shells for traveling. :lol:

:smilielol5: hehehehehe

Me, too. I've been told several times that I come across as snobby when people first meet me. I wonder if it's because I remain quiet so as not to offend with my sarcastic humor. Hhmmm....

I used to hear the same thing when I was younger and I used to care. Old age will cure you of that. I try to be nice here though because I like it here and don't want to get banned. :001_smile:

Ds and I watched Men who Stare at Goats last night. We practically fell on the floor when Ewan McGregor with his straight face, innocent eyes, asked "What is a Jedi?"

Yes, we laughed our butts off and you should have seen us watching Inglorious Bastards. If you explain the plot of the movie to someone who hasn't seen it and then explain that you found it extremely funny, well, they back away slowly. :001_smile:

I could so spin that into a credit. Essays on vernacular. Watching and comparing the historical significance of Monty Python. Add Jabberwocky (the movie) and some King Arthur readings and some fairy tale readings as well. Yup, sounds good to me.

And I hereby offer up Professor Paula to create a "Sarcasm Track" at Homeschool Festivus. Who's in???

What's really bad is that I've passed it on to my children.

You say that like it's a bad thing.

kissass.gif

You found it!! :hurray:

And I hereby offer up Professor Paula to create a "Sarcasm Track" at Homeschool Festivus. Who's in???

Oh, we could plan a skit, wouldn't that be fun! We'll get ALL the babies in the room crying. :lol::lol: We could do a spoof of Lord of the Rings (it's on TV right now. Viggo :svengo:), Queen of the Hive, one board to rule them all.

Guest Dulcimeramy
kissass.gif

Oh, well done. I did search for one last night, but couldn't find any that weren't just too rude. (And I got properly shocked in that search process, let me tell you.)

I used to hear the same thing when I was younger and I used to care. Old age will cure you of that. I try to be nice here though because I like it here and don't want to get banned. :001_smile:

Ya know, banning isn't so bad. I was banned once for a sarcastic comment that was frowned upon. :lol:

Oh, we could plan a skit, wouldn't that be fun! We'll get ALL the babies in the room crying. :lol::lol: We could do a spoof of Lord of the Rings (it's on TV right now. Viggo :svengo:), Queen of the Hive, one board to rule them all.

Ah! Classic!!!!

Let's see, could we get KarenCiavo in as Galadriel? :D

Would Viggo come? Would he really, really come to the Festivus?

Double swoon.

Ah! Classic!!!!

Let's see, could we get KarenCiavo in as Galadriel? :D

Would Viggo come? Would he really, really come to the Festivus?

Double swoon.

Viggo at our conference?!!:001_smile: We might have a need for more than four hobbits if Viggo was our ranger. :001_smile:

Maybe he could teach us poetry and photography, he does both. Or he could just ride in on one of his horses and stand in the middle of the room. We could learn about horses, yeah, that's it, learn about the horse.

I have to bite my tounge All. The. Time. .

A-yup.

One of my favorite little mental things is thinks what should be on a person's headstone. Hubby's is "I barely felt a thing", which is what he says every time he breaks something. I used to think mine should say "How did I know?" but the sarcastic tone I say this in (frequently) won't come across. Now, after my ashes are buried, I'd like a plaque that paraphrases Auden:

She knew human folly like the back of her hand.

Maybe if we had a sarcasm smilie then we could just type away and insert the smilie for those that are less sarcastically inclined. I like this guy and he is hardly ever used: :coolgleamA: Or maybe this: :hat:. What the heck is he for anyway? Cat in the Hat day?

Oh, it doesn't bother me so much as perplex me. Now I just laugh and sometimes use it to my advantage.

kissass.gif

Love it, love it!! I bet you need to clear your search history now!

Yeah, sometimes you have to be careful what you look for. ;)

Yeah, especially if you inadvertently found what you searched for, but what you searched for wasn't what you wanted. For instance, what if someone is looking for a particular sporting goods store and types in *name*.com and gets a horrible surprise when, after getting pop-ups of a certain, er, type, that person realizes that the store is often referred to with a **nickname** and not the store's real/full name at all? So, in reality, while the person wanted a sporting goods store, the person really did find what they searched for. :tongue_smilie:

Maybe if we had a sarcasm smilie then we could just type away and insert the smilie for those that are less sarcastically inclined. I like this guy and he is hardly ever used: :coolgleamA: Or maybe this: :hat:. What the heck is he for anyway? Cat in the Hat day?

I like Mr. Cool Sunglasses Dude a.k.a (to me) Mr. Sarcasm.

I'm with you on Mr. Hat Dude. Why is he even here?

Yes, we laughed our butts off and you should have seen us watching Inglorious Bastards. If you explain the plot of the movie to someone who hasn't seen it and then explain that you found it extremely funny, well, they back away slowly. :001_smile:

LOL I LOVE that movie! Christoph Waltz was BRILLIANT! :) And I laughed through most of it too. When Brad Pitt opens up his mouth to speak Eye-talian to Colonel Landa at the movie premiere and says "Gorlomi" I almost died laughing! :lol: To this day whenever anyone in my house is mumbling and I can't understand them I say, "Gorlomi" to them. hehehe

Edited by Ibbygirl

Good ideas. :D She needs one more Foreign Language credit. I wish I could spin Python -Speak.

Oh, it doesn't bother me so much as perplex me. Now I just laugh and sometimes use it to my advantage.

Love it, love it!! I bet you need to clear your search history now!

Yeah, especially if you inadvertently found what you searched for, but what you searched for wasn't what you wanted. For instance, what if someone is looking for a particular sporting goods store and types in *name*.com and gets a horrible surprise when, after getting pop-ups of a certain, er, type, that person realizes that the store is often referred to with a **nickname** and not the store's real/full name at all? So, in reality, while the person wanted a sporting goods store, the person really did find what they searched for. :tongue_smilie:

:lol: I know the store of which you speak.

LOL I LOVE that movie! Christoph Waltz was BRILLIANT! :) And I laughed through most of it too. When Brad Pitt opens up his mouth to speak Eye-talian to Colonel Landa at the movie premiere and says "Gorlomi" I almost died laughing! :lol: To this day whenever anyone in my house is mumbling and I can't understand them I say, "Gorlomi" to them. hehehe

:lol:

Oh my, I just got a crazy idea. lol For those of us that read the thread titles and think stuff we can't type, what if we put it here in this thread and just crack our sarcastic selves up?? Lord, they'd probably lock it down and throw away the key though.

Nevermind, probably a bad idea. lol

*Goes back to NOT typing what she is thinking.* :leaving: :D

Oh my, I just got a crazy idea. lol For those of us that read the thread titles and think stuff we can't type, what if we put it here in this thread and just crack our sarcastic selves up?? Lord, they'd probably lock it down and throw away the key though.

Nevermind, probably a bad idea. lol

*Goes back to NOT typing what she is thinking.* :leaving: :D

just type it up and change the font color to white. :-)

it shows up when someone highlights it or quotes it [against the darker background]. It also shows up if a term whited out is searched for, lol.

:D ROFL! You're going to get me banned! hehehehehe

(written with absolute sincerity and not a trace of sarcasm) Ay Peek, it's so good to see you back again. You were missed my dear.

Okay, this one is just a silly one.... When I saw the title of the thread, "Where does your dog sleep?"

My first thought was to say "on his arse! Oh wait, that wasn't my dog." But I didn't. hehehe But that's more Steven Wright-ish than sarcastic I dare say. hehe

Edited by Ibbygirl

True dat. smile. I just keep giggling at the thought of people seeing this without knowing that we're typing in white and just wondering what the heck all this back and forth grinning is about. I know that would be me if I didn't reply to your wink Peek. It was only then that I saw you actually typed something. hehehehe

True dat. smile. I just keep giggling at the thought of people seeing this without knowing that we're typing in white and just wondering what the heck all this back and forth grinning is about. I know that would be me if I didn't reply to your wink Peek. It was only then that I saw you actually typed something. hehehehe

Most people are thinking that, that was the most boring conversation ever. :D