Menu

Favorite Bibles currently?

I recently purchased the ESV Study Bible, Personal size edition.

I got the TruTone (fake leather) cover, which has a lifetime guarantee.

I really, really am liking this Bible...I like the size, the study notes, the ESV translation, the online access, the cover material, the cover design, single column format, words of Christ in black, the Smyth-sewn binding, etc. Everything except the thin, easily wrinkled pages

What is your favorite Bible currently?

Here is the link to mine:

http://www.amazon.com/Study-Personal-TruTone-Celtic-Design/dp/1433524708/ref=tmm_hrd_title_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1299225554&sr=8-4-spell

Edited by tntgoodwin

What a question!

I love my NIV because I grew up reading it.

I love the ESV for the translation.

And J B Phillips New Testament to make me think in a different way - The Message also to an extent.

I love the sound of somebody reading from the KJV, although I'm not so good at it myself!

I'm liking the Archeology Study Bible, except I can't stand a hardback bible, and couldn't afford the leather one! I do find myself reading the commentary a little more than the actual scripture, tho...:glare::D

My go-to is the NIV, with a paper cover and no Apochrypha (spelling?), but I would like the same in a Catholic version.

We're ESV Study Bible fans here too.

I started with the King James when I was young, moved to the NIV when I was a teen, used multiple others throughout college (and still do when doing an in depth study), but love the ESV Study Bible right now for personal use. It's the one I highly recommend if anyone asks. If I got a commission off of those sold due to my recommendations (and people looking at mine), we'd have gotten a fair bit of change!

I am loving my NLT Life Application Study Bible, wish I'd had it years ago. It is a revelation to me daily.

I also am a huge fan of the NIV Archeological Study Bible, I got it for $3.99 on my Nook and if I use my netbook and Nook for PC, it is in color. :)

My old Bible was the NLT Life Application Study Bible - had it about 11 years or so, falling apart pretty badly! Well used Bible.

I love my ESV Study Bible too. I am not totally into that it is hardback, but still think it is awesome. I have a thin paperback ESV as well. I use this one to take around with me.

I have totally sold quite a few people on the ESV. They are skeptical until they flip through mine. I think the color diagrams and pictures are a plus to people :tongue_smilie:

I love my ESV Reformation Study Bible.

My middle dd loves her Archeology Study Bible.

Were you able to find the archaeological study bible in anything other than NIV?

My favorite Bible is my 35 year old NAS that has lost its cover and is now bound with clear packing tape. It has years of notes in the margins! But when I am studying a passage, I print an ESV off the computer so I can start clean and mark it afresh.

We own a variety, but I keep coming back to my plain-text smallish version of KJV. I only wish I could find one with huge, empty margins so I could scribble my notes all over the edges as I discover new things in the Strong's Concordance.

I have a ton of different Bibles, but I really only use my NASB without all the extra commentary. I find that I spend too much time arguing with any commentary and not enough just reading the Bible. If I have an actual question, I go look that up.

Mine is light, about trade paperback size and used to snap closed. I don't feel like I'm getting a workout carrying it in to church.

I love my ESV Study Bible too. I am not totally into that it is hardback, but still think it is awesome. I have a thin paperback ESV as well. I use this one to take around with me.

I have totally sold quite a few people on the ESV. They are skeptical until they flip through mine. I think the color diagrams and pictures are a plus to people :tongue_smilie:

The standard sized ESV Study Bible seemed too big to carry regularly, so I am glad they made the personal size one!

The standard sized ESV Study Bible seemed too big to carry regularly, so I am glad they made the personal size one!

That's so cool, now I want a personal sized one. I didn't know it was available.

We also have the Reformation Study Bible/New Geneva Study Bible in ESV. Like that pretty well.

My favorites, are the ESV Study Bible mentioned above and the ESV Journaling Bible they have prettier covers now than when I bought mine.

I'm totally drooling over the new ESV - Four Holy Gospels illuminated by Makoto Fujimura. Here'sa video about it.

And, finally, I really like my Proverbs Journible where I can copy the text in my own handwriting and later read from it.

And, finally, I really like my Proverbs Journible where I can copy the text in my own handwriting and later read from it.

Can you describe this book. I went to the linked website but I could not tell what the inside looked like. Is it a blank book or are the verses printed on one side?

This sounds like something I might be interested in. Thank you for any information.

Can you describe this book. I went to the linked website but I could not tell what the inside looked like. Is it a blank book or are the verses printed on one side?

This sounds like something I might be interested in. Thank you for any information.

It is *mostly* blank book. On the right side, the top indicates the chapter and verses that will be on that page. Then the rest of the lined page, verse numbers are spaced appropriately on lines. The left side of the page is lined for you to put your own study notes related to the Chapter/Verse. This side is mostly blank, but occasionally there are question prompts, but they're in light grey text so you could use them or not.

I'll see if I can post some pictures later if you're interested.

ETA: Here's a different website devoted to the project and they have sample pages for Proverbs and Galatians.

Edited by ladydusk

It is *mostly* blank book. On the right side, the top indicates the chapter and verses that will be on that page. Then the rest of the lined page, verse numbers are spaced appropriately on lines. The left side of the page is lined for you to put your own study notes related to the Chapter/Verse. This side is mostly blank, but occasionally there are question prompts, but they're in light grey text so you could use them or not.

I'll see if I can post some pictures later if you're interested.

ETA: Here's a different website devoted to the project and they have sample pages for Proverbs and Galatians.

Thank you. This sounds like something I would be interested in. I might also get one for my dd who is trying to improve her handwriting.

I like the Archaeological Study Bible for the historical notes and maybe because it is my "newest" Biblical purchase. We have several versions, ie NCV, NIV, KJV, newKJV, NASB. The NIV is my portable reading Bible. The kids memorize from the new King James for now, it retains some of the poetry, with more understanding.