Menu

For smart-alecks: Why are you homeschooling?

Guest Dulcimeramy

• Replies 129
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I home school because I needed something to do with my time.

I mean I was really under utilized. Working full time, managing my household and being a wife and mother just wasn't enough.

Well you said "smart aleck" ;)

Seriously? The girl was bored and I could see her going down the slacker path. I also found the constant peer influence less than desirable.

1. Because otherwise I'd have to get a "real" job.

2. So I have someone to take out the dogs during the day.

3. So I don't have to deal with a PTA.

4. So I don't have to volunteer in a class with kids who are clearly not as intelligent as my kid.

5. So I can tell people I'm a teacher.

6. So I have someone help me carry in the groceries.

7. So I can get a teacher discount at certain book/hobby/craft stores.

we homeschool so that when the revolution comes I don't have to go round everybody up. we already "do school" i our underground siloh turned bomb shelter.

also, while we wait for that, who would change the dvd for our daily starwars/godfather/lordoftherings/lost/bonanza viewing marathons.

we homeschool so that when the revolution comes I don't have to go round everybody up. we already "do school" i our underground siloh turned bomb shelter.

also, while we wait for that, who would change the dvd for our daily starwars/godfather/lordoftherings/lost/bonanza viewing marathons.

:lol: Every time DH and I start talking about what we're going to remodel next, he says, "When can I build my bomb shelter and Stargate?"

I'm sure if our kids went to school, they'd tell stories that someone would actually take serious and we'd have SWAT teams at the door.

I'm doing my part to help lower property taxes and reduce the national debt by saving the taxpayers the expense of educating my children.

Plus---did you all you math geniuses realize that despite all the tax money spent on public education-- about half of public school children score at or below the fiftieth percentile mark on standardized tests?

I want our doorbell to say 'Bazinga'. (Sheldon from The Big Bang Theory uses this as his 'gotcha'. He doesn't understand sarcasm, read faces or inflections well. He's sorta our school mascot.

( I freely confess none of my kids - except maybe Mr Square Roots at 7 - is nearly the genius the fictional Sheldon is)