Menu

Math Mammoth on HSBC

Satori

I was on HSBC and noticed Math Mammoth was up already.

EDITED on 2/24: Not live until 03/01/2011. Email response from HSBC: "Thank you for your inquiry and excitement! Math Mammoth will be live on 03-01-2011. Please DO spread the word as it benefits everyone the more people know and participate."

https://www.homeschoolbuyersco-op.org/index.php?option=com_hsbc_epp_order&Itemid=1447

Let's get that discount up to 40% quickly! :)

Edited by Satori

• Replies 195
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Is anyone else planning to order the Blue vs the Light Blue? I want to use it as a supplement, so I think Blue will be more useful to me, but if it turns out that Light blue is cheaper, I can go that route, too.

I have Blue, and I use it to supplement. Since MM is mastery, the Light Blue is fairly topical as well. With Blue, it's a little hard to know how far to go (since you can just keep going, increasing in difficulty).

Question... It says it's Grades 1-6A. 6B is out, isn't it? Is 6B also included and they just haven't updated the info from last time? I need grades 3-6, and want A AND B for all of those.

I'd guess the info wasn't updated. I bought Light Blue in December and it included 6B.

I think they just haven't updated their images. Their light blue image actually says 1-5, but their text descrption says 1-6 :).

I want the whole set...I've been working on DH for a few days already....maybe in a few more he'll be ready :).

We have been using the blue to supplement, but I'd like to try out the light blue too :).

would the light blue and blue series be redundant? Are the same problems in both series?

Thank you

I copied this from the Math Mammoth FAQ Blue Series page:

2. Do the Blue and Light Blue have the same material?

Practically so. There are only a few very minor differences: few pages here and there that are in one series but not in the other.

I copied this from the Math Mammoth FAQ Blue Series page:

2. Do the Blue and Light Blue have the same material?

Practically so. There are only a few very minor differences: few pages here and there that are in one series but not in the other.

Why are there two versions then? :001_huh:

Why are there two versions then? :001_huh:

Light Blue is by grade, Blue is by topic

So one Blue book has all the Addition pages. Another has all subtraction. Another has all place value, etc. In the Light Blue series, some of those addition pages would be in the first grade books, some in the second grade books, etc. The first grade book would also include a few pages of subtraction, a few place value, etc.

Edited by MeganW

I think they just haven't updated their images. Their light blue image actually says 1-5, but their text descrption says 1-6 :).

I want the whole set...I've been working on DH for a few days already....maybe in a few more he'll be ready :).

We have been using the blue to supplement, but I'd like to try out the light blue too :).

I had a similar question - do you think the ones on HSBC have the updated first grade materials (more white space)? When did she update that - January-ish?

FWIW on the series...I use the Light blue for main curriculum...then in problem areas (like the time and making change for my ds) I've gone back and gotten the blue books for more review. It's the same concepts, but different problems. You can also use the worksheet generator that you get in the download.

Great point!

I e-mailed HSBC about 6B, and got this response:

Great news... Yes, 6B will be included! This offer actually begins on March 1st, so please stay tuned to our member newsletter for updated info.

I'll definitely be ordering. Getting the light blue bundle at 20% off is cheaper for me than buying grades 3-6 individually at 20% off (I already have grades 1 and 2).

Anyone?

I'm pretty sure it's the current downloads - all of them. And even if for some reason it ended up not being the upgraded version, it's easy to get once you've purchased it. You get free upgrades. I purchased grade 1 in September and got the update for free in January (of course, I'd already printed out all of 1B and we were almost done with it at that point, so I haven't used it to see how much difference it makes).

So... If I want this to supplement another math program, what do I buy? Light blue or blue?

Most people use the Blue series to supplement - it goes by topic. So...if you are working in one curric on addition/subtraction, then it would be a good time to pull in the add/sub worksheets from MM, too. If you hit telling time in your main curric, then pull in more practice from MM. You can supplement with light blue, too, but I think blue was designed to be more of a supplement by topic.

I'll definitely be ordering. Getting the light blue bundle at 20% off is cheaper for me than buying grades 3-6 individually at 20% off (I already have grades 1 and 2).

They now have 1-3 and 4-6 packages at the same discount as the 1-6 package (plus the additional sale discount). These packages are not included in the co-op, however.

Would it be cheaper to buy 4-6 + 3 at the 20% discount than 1-6 at the 40% discount?

Would it be cheaper to buy 4-6 + 3 at the 20% discount than 1-6 at the 40% discount?

The 4-6 + 3 all at 20% off would about $7 more than the HSBC 1-6 deal at 40% off (and I imagine it will end up being 40% off). Thanks for pointing that out! I hadn't seen that package yet. :)

I'll definitely get the HSBC deal if it's 40% off. If not, the 4-6 + 3 package is a great option. It ends up being 20% off fairly often, I think.

So, does anyone know if those of us who bought the MM 1-6a package at the last HSBC big sale back before 6b was written can get the free 6b download or if we need to purchase it?

The price has gone up a tiny bit, I think. Wasn't it $65 last time? It's $70 for the package this time.

You can get 6B individually for about $13 now with the 20% off coupon.

also--

do they need 50 people total doing the group buy, or 50 per item in order to get the deepest discount?

All that is needed is 50 packages total sold, of any kind...They do not need to sell 50 of the specific one you want, just 50 packages total...That is the answer they gave me :thumbup:

The sale just started today! :D

I have another question--

Is the "Everything package" just the "all inclusive" package PLUS "Make it real?"

if so, then getting "all inclusive" and "make it real" SEPARATELY is cheaper than the "everything" package. Am I seeing this right?

if they are 40% off then:

Make it Real $24 + All Incl $112 = $136

Everything = $141??