Menu

You would think livestock would be too much trouble. You need a truck, big guys with a truck, ropes. Doesn't ease matter to anyone? I don't understand why these folks can't stick to squirrels...or baited rat traps.

You don't need a truck if you sacrifice the animal on the owner's property. Dad "only" lost one cow to ritual sacrifice. There was suspicious activity other times. Now he moves cattle around at certain times of the year. We never talked about it to anyone. Someone who would do things like that.... When some friends bought a house, they found evidence of a cult there. We don't know how widespread it is or who is involved.

ETA: When I say we don't know who is involved, I mean we can't talk to anyone about it. Our local sheriff's dad grew pot for years and years. At one time, almost half the law enforcement was made up of young men who had been in trouble throughout their teens. Gotta love small towns.

Edited by Meriwether

• Replies 124
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Typically the small town animal mutilations are NOT done by real religions, or even cults. The perpetrators in those cases are almost always bored redneck boys.

Hey, I've lived in OK. Redneck is a real religion. Just like football. :D

Seriously, though... I think jokes about sacrifices are hysterical. I love the smell of sulfered goat in the morning, it reminds me of daddy. I love children, but I shouldn't eat a whole one.

You very well know that it's typically my "religion" that gets blamed for these stupid things (which are just such fiction!), so if I can't have a sense of humour about it, then people ought to stop playing the blame game.

Edited by Audrey

Typically the small town animal mutilations are NOT done by real religions, or even cults. The perpetrators in those cases are almost always bored redneck boys.

Yeah, some kids here two years ago hung dead baby goats from a tree in a "friend's" yard. The new version of tping? The boys who did it thought it was funny. They did get in trouble. I really can't figure out where someone would get dead baby goats? (They did not kill the goats themselves.) We know one of the boys. Nice family. Nice boy. I thought.:glare:

:iagree:

I think the rumors of Satanists are kind of funny and I consider myself more pagan than anything else. :D

Satanists just don't have that much to offer, KWIM??

I think the rumors of Satanists are kind of funny and I consider myself more pagan than anything else. :D

I hope it was understood I was joking. :)

If people were sacrificing the animals of others I wouldn't think they were actually a "religion" but "a bunch of wannabe losers"

Edited by Sis

:lol:

Seriously, though... I think jokes about sacrifices are hysterical. I love the smell of sulfered goat in the morning, it reminds me of daddy. I love children, but I shouldn't eat a whole one.

You very well know that it's typically my "religion" that gets blamed for these stupid things (which are just such fiction!), so if I can't have a sense of humour about it, then people ought to stop playing the blame game.

If people were sacrificing the animals of others I wouldn't think they were actually a "religion" but "a bunch of wannabe losers"

Yes, I understand most people were just joking. I was just clarifying the point for the "hey, I got turned into a newt once, it is no laughing matter," crowd.

When I moved into my current duplex, there was a family of Satanists living in the downstairs unit. Very nice people, their kids are adorable. The guy was a little scary-looking, with a giant inverted pentacle with goat tattoo covering his torso, but we had some interesting philosophical discussions. They had to move after a few months to a bigger place because the wife was pregnant again.

What's funny is that, so far, out of all the people that have moved in and out down there, they were the most polite and the nicest. By far. The quietest, too.

And no, I'm not joking, for those of you wondering. :tongue_smilie:

:lol:

Yes, I understand most people were just joking. I was just clarifying the point for the "hey, I got turned into a newt once, it is no laughing matter," crowd.

I got better!

Sorry. Couldn't resist. :::::ducking and running:::::

It was just a flesh wound. :tongue_smilie:

When I moved into my current duplex, there was a family of Satanists living in the downstairs unit. Very nice people, their kids are adorable. The guy was a little scary-looking, with a giant inverted pentacle with goat tattoo covering his torso, but we had some interesting philosophical discussions. They had to move after a few months to a bigger place because the wife was pregnant again.

What's funny is that, so far, out of all the people that have moved in and out down there, they were the most polite and the nicest. By far. The quietest, too.

He probably wasn't a Satanist in the way that people think of Satanists as worshipping well, the Christian devil. There are some pagans who believe Satan gets a raw deal in the modern view of religion. He may have worshipped Lucifer or Baal or the Horned God or who knows what because there are some really fruity and/or ecclectic pagans out there... :D

Edited by Jennifer3141

Kill my cat and I catch you? You'd better start running because I would take that as an attack upon my family.

We did have a couple of teenagers mutilating cats locally again. For the life of me, I don't understand how any kid would think it would be "funny" for a family to wake up and find a possibly beloved cat beheaded on their front porch.

First of all, if I caught any of my kids mutilating animals, they'd be in counseling before they could put the knife down. If I've raised a serial killer psychopath, I kind of want advance notice. :glare:

Second of all, I don't get the "humor" and I like comediens from Seinfeld to George Carlin to Chris Rock to Elvira Kurt. I can laugh at anything. But a beheaded animal?? NOT funny!!!

Okay. I wouldn't argue this. But what happened at my parents' house wasn't bored redneck boys. I'm really not trying to argue or ruin the fun, but I will never think animal sacrifices are funny after that experience.

Okay, so seriously......how did you find out they were satanists? Did you say "we go to church down the street, would your kids like to go to VBS with us" and he said in his best deep Satan voice "we worship in Hell and plan to overtake the world with horror and pain, wanna join us"? LLOOLLL I am just wondering how in the world this conversation could have gone ????? LOL

I'm afraid mine are going to have 911 called on them. Dd18 is quite into make-up... They assure me that they keep away from people at the state park...Dh thinks that would make them even more suspicious. Today, Dd16a had a huge gash across her neck. The rest of her wounds were fairly small. She was pursued by a horned demon that licked dripping blood off its fingers (honey based). Saturday, the wounds on her friend about made me sick at my stomach. I've seen some shots of her across the hood of the car, in front of the car, and in some leaves...Not something you want to just bump into.:tongue_smilie:

:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

So did Janie Grace ever find out what it was all about?

Okay. I wouldn't argue this. But what happened at my parents' house wasn't bored redneck boys. I'm really not trying to argue or ruin the fun, but I will never think animal sacrifices are funny after that experience.

I have cattle ranchers in my family too (y'all know I'm from Oklahoma!). THEY swore it was aliens mutilating their cattle until the bored redneck sicko boys were caught.