Menu

Scholastic $1 Downloads

momto2Cs

I had problems the last time this special came around....I couldn't check out and I can't check out this time either. UGH!!!!!!!

Try checking out in smaller amounts. After losing my cart 5 times last time and having to go through all the books again (you'd think I'd have learned to write my list down :rolleyes:) I decided to break my order down into several smaller ones. Once I did that I was able to check out with no problem.

Try checking out in smaller amounts. After losing my cart 5 times last time and having to go through all the books again (you'd think I'd have learned to write my list down :rolleyes:) I decided to break my order down into several smaller ones. Once I did that I was able to check out with no problem.

I thought of that too...and I had one item in my cart and I still couldn't check out.

I finally was able to check out. It took about six or seven frustrating trys. I had to input my address, password each time, aaack!

I opened one of the books and can't get it to save on my computer :ack2:. I'm only allowed three downloads.

It won't let you save from the open file. From the download page just right click and "save target as" to save the file that way.

I would like to give a little plug to "easy make and learn projects: the human body"

I bought it years ago and have used it for first grade biology/human anatomy twice now. It is a lot of fun. It's a "cut and glue' type project book so it helps if your kids enjoys that sort of thing. I don't think of it as an actual curriculum but as fun projects that illustrate what we talked about.

We made the 'brain hat' a couple weeks ago and it is still in use.

It says it is for grades 2-4. I would also use some of the projects for 5th graders doing human anatomy. Some would be too simplistic but some would be great.

I would like to give a little plug to "easy make and learn projects: the human body"

I bought it years ago and have used it for first grade biology/human anatomy twice now. It is a lot of fun. It's a "cut and glue' type project book so it helps if your kids enjoys that sort of thing. I don't think of it as an actual curriculum but as fun projects that illustrate what we talked about.

We made the 'brain hat' a couple weeks ago and it is still in use.

It says it is for grades 2-4. I would also use some of the projects for 5th graders doing human anatomy. Some would be too simplistic but some would be great.

We got this one, and are looking forward to it. I also got the Biomes one by Donald Silver and it looks great too!

I had problems last night too. It was worse for their Boxing Week sales. I lost all items in my cart twice. Both times I had >20 items. Now my strategy is to add items that I want to the wishlist. Email the wishlist to myself and add items to cart from my inbox. Even then, I do <10 items at a item. I know. It shouldn't be this complicated to order stuff online but I really, really, really wanted the ebooks. Some of them are pretty good.

The prices finally went to $1 and I was able to make it through the check-out. But, then out of 17 books I ordered, I was unable to get 4 of them to download. I tried on 2 different computers, through the order email and through the webpage. One of them ended up saying I used my three downloads and expired, so I have another email in to customer service. :glare:

I just went to put somethings in my cart and everytime I clicked on put in cart...my cart would show as empty...I guess I am not to buy from Scholastic...bummer

This kept happening to me too. It turns out I was getting signed out. One minute I'd have 5 things in My Cart, the next I'd have nothing. Look at the top next to the My Wishlist and My Cart buttons and see if it says Sign In or Sign Out.