Menu

What gift would YOU give?

We are traveling to Alabama a few days before Christmas to be with DH's side of the family. They have an annual gift exchange....the kind where you put all the gifts in the center, someone picks, the next person can choose a new gift or steal the prior gift, etc. I like bringing the best gifts LOL. So I need two gifts that are about $20 each. It would be great to find them on Amazon since I have Prime. They need to be fairly gender neutral since we won't know what's in them when we pick them up at the gift exchange. I consider home decor to be gender neutral since the man lives in a house too. So what would you bring given this scenario? I want it to be good and something that people really wouldn't think to pick up and bring. Any suggestions?

I like Philosophy shower gel and Slatkin & Co. candles. Or for more "practical" presents, maybe a microwavable heat wrap, microfiber towel set, silicone spatula set with wooden handles? The only thing I know I wouldn't choose at an exchange like that is a Christmas ornament...way too many around here already. :001_smile:

When we did this at a Christmas party for Thing 1's hockey team, the two most traded/stolen items were a pair of travel coffee mugs and a Gold Canyon candle.

If we were doing it again this year, I'd get mugs again in a heartbeat. If I needed to add to the value, I'd throw in some coffee/tea/cocoa or a starbucks/dunkin donuts gift card.

With all the driving to rinks and just regular morning commuting most of the parents did it was an easy gift.

One year I brought a set of silicone baking pans to a gift exchange. They were a huge hit. Everyone wanted them. (I brought a slightly-if-not-ever-used set that I got for $1 at an estate sale. I knew the original owner and knew they were unlikely to have been used much or at all.)

Here's a set of 3 Wilton silicone bakeware at Amazon for $14.99. You could include a brownie mix, muffin mix or cake mix (or make your own mix and include the recipe for completing it).

I want this silicone brownie mold pan this year.

If they have to be $20 each how about a game or a kitchen gadget. I know not everyone jumps up and down about a board game. My dd and I have been enjoying Quirkel which is around $20. I bet there's some interesting kitchen thing at Williams Sonoma or how about one of those microwave sauce pans you get from pampered chef. I gave my MIL that 2 years ago and she loves it.

Bottle of wine and two glasses

Popcorn bowl with popcorn and movie candy, maybe a popular or Christmas dvd

Massage oil and candles

One of those silly animated Christmas decorations that makes noise LOL

Snuggie

car first aid kit

car emergency kit

gourmet coffees and cute or fancy mugs

box of fancy chocolates, like Fanny May or Peaces or some local candy manufacturer.

Bottle of wine and two glasses

Popcorn bowl with popcorn and movie candy, maybe a popular or Christmas dvd

Massage oil and candles

One of those silly animated Christmas decorations that makes noise LOL

Snuggie

car first aid kit

car emergency kit

gourmet coffees and cute or fancy mugs

box of fancy chocolates, like Fanny May or Peaces or some local candy manufacturer.

I think that there will be more than one snuggie this year which is not a problem because everyone wants one.