Menu

Funny Post Hall of Fame...

I think we need a hall of fame for the hysterically funny posts that sometimes occur here, for example, the bookshelves. Then, when new peolple ask about the joke, we can just link them to the Hall of Fame.

We can have different categories:

UPS men

Stuff our kids said in front of people

bookshelves

pregnancy

and more!

So I invite you, link your favorite funny WTM posts to the hall of fame.

I expect we should have a whole category for Laney!

last week when in the middle of my shower my oldest dd comes upstairs, into the bathroom and tells me the FedEx guys needs my signature and that the dog got out. "OK, ask the FedEx guy if you can sign and I'll deal with the dog later."

The whole time I was thinking about the post of the mom who met the UPS guy only 1/2 dressed.

What about the one about waxing and getting the wax stuck and denuding oneself in certain, sensitive areas? That's the best one of all time, I think. I did also love the boob store, which contributed to us all using the booK euphemisms later on..... And what about falling off the platform shoes? So many laughs - thanks, ladies!

Don't forget the shoe story! That is one of my favorites! Homeschoolers must wear nice shoes, it's in the handbook! Who was that story from?

Also, the waxing story. It's also one of my favorites!

Melissa

Ahh! Where were you in the shoe thread when I needed you? That's all I could think about when I saw the "where do you buy shoes" thread. So I come off as a raving lunatic interjecting that right in the middle of a serious and earnest discussion about where people buy shoes!!!!

Yes, this is definitely one of my favorites!:lol:

What about the one about waxing and getting the wax stuck and denuding oneself in certain, sensitive areas? That's the best one of all time, I think. I did also love the boob store, which contributed to us all using the booK euphemisms later on..... And what about falling off the platform shoes? So many laughs - thanks, ladies!

I think you are referring to this:

http://www.welltrainedmind.com/forums/showthread.php?p=76511#poststop

:)

What?! No one is going to mention my honeymoon story?! http://www.katherinebell.com/OTHER%20honeymoon.htm

Actually, the one that made me laugh the most was the one about the mom who flushed a "dead" pet frog, only to realize as it was swirling towards the drain that it had actually been hibernating and was trying desperately to escape!

the (Southern-accented?) poster who was commenting to a man (a vague acquaintance) who was holding his baby on how much alike they looked: "You two are just pod-like in your pea-ness!"

I can just HEAR myself saying that sort of thing to someone, and it never fails to make me laugh!

Does anybody know how to find Doran's "subject-line" posts? Those are SO funny!!

Here's another one that preceded the one you linked above. :D

I so wish I could find the UPS & booKs posts, as well as some of the ones by Church Pat. I need to archive those myself for a pick-me-up on low days. Hysterical!

Are the posts from the original boards just gone forever. Wanh.

I still remember a post by "boybarians and 1 princess" that told the exact conversation from her school table that day. It was about how every serious fact was somehow twisted into boy humor----I still think of that post and smile, especially now that I know the feeling.

And although my post wasn't particularly funny the "event" of walking into the liquor store waaaaaay too pregnant with five kids in tow to buy cheap vodka (to make vanilla extract of course) is still a funny memory due to this board!

Jo

I think we need a hall of fame for the hysterically funny posts that sometimes occur here, for example, the bookshelves. Then, when new peolple ask about the joke, we can just link them to the Hall of Fame.

UPS men

bookshelves

pregnancy

and more!

Well, there's this delicious typo. Not for the faint of heart.

And here's a Laney classic.

How about Kelli in Tn's week w/out electricity & showers? When she came out & found that the neighbors had all been staying clean, thanks to their, *ahem* GAS water heaters? :D I don't think I'll forget that one. (It's the kind of thing I'd do! ;))

I think the OP was about a sale at Vision Forum in 2005. I was fairly new to the boards at the time (I started posting here in the spring of '05) and I had never heard of Vision Forum. After reading that post, I could never read about VF without LOL about Elaine's famous typo :lol:

I think the OP was about a sale at Vision Forum in 2005. I was fairly new to the boards at the time (I started posting here in the spring of '05) and I had never heard of Vision Forum. After reading that post, I could never read about VF without LOL about Elaine's famous typo :lol:

It has probably disappeared into cyberworld since those boards aren't archived for very long.

Can someone copy n paste those threads *here* [maintaining that format] before they disappear for good?

I still remember a post by "boybarians and 1 princess" that told the exact conversation from her school table that day. It was about how every serious fact was somehow twisted into boy humor----I still think of that post and smile, especially now that I know the feeling.

And although my post wasn't particularly funny the "event" of walking into the liquor store waaaaaay too pregnant with five kids in tow to buy cheap vodka (to make vanilla extract of course) is still a funny memory due to this board!

with mine that I was sneaking into my neighbor's house to get Jack Daniels for my Chocolate Burban Pecan Pie and hiding the bottle under my coat so the neighbors wouldn't see -- of course super pregnant with #5.

UPS men

bookshelves

pregnancy

and more!

Thanks for the hat tip, Heather!:D

• 4 years later...

This belongs here. It is legendary. The old timers will know what I mean. :-)

Kelli's Ode to a Toilet

[ K-8 General Board ]

Posted by Kelli in TN on 13:05 Nov 22

<<Okay, the toilet in the kids bathroom is horrid. Dh says he is not replacing it until they all move away! However, in 2 days 32 in-laws will descend upon my house and I want a new toilet!!!! We have argued and argued this point and I thought perhaps if I injected a little humor into the argument.

So, here goes.....

"Behold, there cometh forth a multitude;

Yea even a multitude of in-laws,
 Mother in law, Father in law, behold they bringeth with them 
even sisters in law and brothers in law,

and the husbands of sisters in law 
and also the wives of brothers in law

And behold the brother of the husband of the sister in law doth approach and with him there cometh his children, and his wife and lo, even his wife's melba.

And thy nieces and thy nephews will descend upon thy house and bring forth their own spouses and children. 

And they shall approach thy wife, yea even the wife of thy middle age, the mother of thine children, hearken unto me, and give remembrance to thy wife, the mother of thy six children and remember that she did not shrinketh away from the labors of childbirth but instead caused thee to be fruitful and multiply many times over.

Give ear to thy wife now and hear the petition of thy wife, the bride of thy middle age. 

For the in laws shall descend upon thy house and thy wife's house and even thy children's house. And they shall bring all manner of items in Tupperware containers and they shall eat and they shall drink, yea even shall they sup at thine table and the tables that are brought forth by thy niece and the husband of thy niece.

And when they are satisfied with thy meat and thy drink and the abundance of Tupperware contents, then they shall seek out the bathroom. Yea, even the restroom.

And they shall look upon thy toilet with contempt and shall mutter one to another 'Behold the stains in the bottom of the bowl, and lo, the lid to the tank is broken, yea it is broken into many pieces and the pieces are not together and it is an abomination to our eyes.'

And thy wife, yea, the wife of thy middle age, who forbear to make thy quiver full, and even thy underwear drawer to be filled with clean raiment for thy use, even she shall hang her head in shame at the sight of the toilet.

"

Do you think it will work? 
Kelli>>