Menu

Would you name your baby boy

Douglas Carson

Carson Douglas

I could go for either of those. I don't really like Doug, tho.

But if you want Hezekiah, maybe you can compromise.

I agree with others that Hezekiah seems incongruous with Douglas.

Just curious--what do all 3 names mean? That always sways me, along with if they are family names or not.

I might, depends on the nickname. Hezekiah, nn Zeke, maybe. But probably not if he was to go by his full name.

Hezekiah does go very well with your other names. :) If you love it, go for it.

Cat

:iagree: I think Zeke is a doable nickname.

I think Hezakiah is a little bit too unusual these days, but I do like many OT names. Carson seems an odd choice, considering your other kids' names.

How about Caleb? Jacob? Adam? David? Those are all some of my favorite OT names!

If you do decide to go with Hezakiah, he will no doubt make it his own, and people will decide that Hezakiah is really cool!

Veronica

I like most older names but not really that one...

How about Seth Douglas...

I like the one syllable first with the 2 syllable middle...

My husband has an 'old' name-- it gets mispronounced ALL THE TIME --plus he has NEVER gone by it-- before age 5 he went by his middle name--but it is a bit feminine (Leslie) --at age 5 his sister's best friend had the same name so he decided to go by a nickname for his middle name. Now he goes by J. Les ---

His mother always regretted not naming him Richard (a name that she always loved but it wasn't 'Biblical' and did not go with his siblings names...).

Don't worry DH doesn't like it. He said he likes Carson??

You know that old Sesame Street song, "one of these things is not like the other, one of these things does not belong...?"

Yeah... Carson would stick out like a sore thumb among the other names you chose for your kids. It's way more modern/trendy-sounding.

It seems like once you go with a "theme" for so many of them, you need to keep up with it or it would just not "fit" right!

Hezekiah Douglas

We are due for a boy in Feb/march. We really love Douglas. We like old fashioned/ Victorian era names. But hezekiah is it too old fashion/ weird?

My DH loves Hezekiah, and always wants to use Hezekiah Marmaduke as his standby name. Me? I've always chosen something else. I know it would be a name that the person would have to spell their entire life.

Now, Carson, I love. Might be that it was my grandfather's name, though. His parents were having a hard time coming up with another C name, to follow Charles, Carl, and Calvin. I know it wasn't a popular name when he was born, but it sure is becoming popular around my neck of the woods now - there are THREE in my church, all under the age of 5.

How about Zachariah?

Ooh, I like this name. And I think it's common enough that you won't get ignorant folks confusing it for a girl's name.

Another OT name I just :001_wub: is Asher. Be aware, though, that it has spiked in popularity recently if that matters to you at all:

Popularity of the male name Asher

Year of birth Rank

2009 165

2008 206

2007 233

2006 252

2005 288

2004 335

2003 411

2002 484

2001 529

2000 579

1999 601

1998 686

1997 731

1996 776

1995 929

Edited by Crimson Wife
Fixed weird formatting of list

Don't worry DH doesn't like it. He said he likes Carson??

Carson Douglas or Hezekiah Carson? I probably wouldn't do Carson as a first name along with all your other Bible names. But I do like the name Carson!

I'm not a big fan of Hezekiah myself. We have both an Ezra and a Titus, so I'm not against unusual Biblical names!

I think Ezra Douglas sounds nice. Or Elijah Douglas (I have an Elijah too :D). Or Ezekiel Douglas.

I really like Hezekiah, if I named my child that I'd probably plan on using Ky as a nick-name. I don't think Zeke goes well as a nick-name for Hezekiah though. We have an Ezekiel, but he only hears that when he's naughty - he goes by Zeke.

I don't care for Carson or Douglas and I don't think they go well with your other names.

BUT - choose something YOU & dh like.

Right now I'm trying to come up with girl names. Dh & I cannot agree on ANYTHING it's driving me nuts.

Good luck! :-)

Hezekiah Douglas

We are due for a boy in Feb/march. We really love Douglas. We like old fashioned/ Victorian era names. But hezekiah is it too old fashion/ weird?

I love it!

Of course, I have a son with the middle name Cornelius, and I was really hoping his first name would be Haemish, but it wasn't my turn to pick the first name. You may want to keep that in mind when considering my opinion. :D

Wow. People are funny. We all have our opinions, don't we! :001_rolleyes:

Personally, I think Hezekiah is a cool name. I've never been that fond of Douglass. I agree that the two don't seem to go well together.

Whatever you end up choosing, make sure you like both names. We named our ds and decided to call him by a shortened version of his first name. When he turned 8 yrs old, he decided he preferred his middle name and so we've made the switch to that. He had a good argument for making the switch - my husband has always gone by his middle name. What can you do? (Now before you say "lay down the law" after discussing it with him we decided to let him make the switch) I only say this because we cannot know for sure how our dc will react to the names we give them. Just gotta do what we think is best. :thumbup1: