Menu

I'm Melting! I'm Melting!

I live in Riverside, CA. Someone stole our nice fall weather that we were having!

I guess it's my fault, I went and bought some more cold weather clothes for my kids. As soon as I brought the bag home, it was 90 degrees the next day. I had to turn on the A/C!

I'm trying not to turn on the a/c, but this is some nasty weather. It is cruel to tease us with autumn weather and then blast us with heat again.

It is November 5th and 93 degrees outside in Bakersfield, CA. :glare:

I'm dead.

I hate this place.

Please, anyone live where it is cold and want another roomie?

I really want to :chillpill:.

Hey! My relatives from Bakersfield are driving to MO next week--wanna jump in the truck w/them and come see me? :auto: It's 46 degrees here right now! Low of 25 tonight. We turned the heat on a few days ago.

Enjoy the heat for me!

Hey! My relatives from Bakersfield are driving to MO next week--wanna jump in the truck w/them and come see me? :auto: It's 46 degrees here right now! Low of 25 tonight. We turned the heat on a few days ago.

Enjoy the heat for me!

Lucky, lucky, relatives.

I'm dead.

I hate this place.

I'm jealous. Would you like to trade houses, just for the winter, maybe? Because I HATE winter. :D

I'm dead.

I hate this place.

You can come visit me! I'm in NH and my bf from CA is coming out in two weeks. She comes every year but this is her first time coming in the winter since 1988. It will be funny. She sends me pictures when CA gets a frost. :lol: I tell her she ain't seen NOTHIN. She scrapes her window with a credit card. :smilielol5::smilielol5::smilielol5:

You can come visit me! I'm in NH and my bf from CA is coming out in two weeks. She comes every year but this is her first time coming in the winter since 1988. It will be funny. She sends me pictures when CA gets a frost. :lol: I tell her she ain't seen NOTHIN. She scrapes her window with a credit card. :smilielol5::smilielol5::smilielol5:

Hey, you! Butt out! I invited her first!

:D

I'm jealous. Would you like to trade houses, just for the winter, maybe? Because I HATE winter. :D

Hey, you! Butt out! I invited her first!

Hey, there's enough of me to go around or it looks like CAMom would be game. LOL.

Here are a couple of pictures from last winter. You can have it. All of it. I hate it all. The snow, the ice, the wind, the cold, the sleet, the freezing weather, how horrid it feels to take your blankets off in the morning, the winter coats and mittens and scarves and hats and boots and scraping ice off your windshield and shoveling, the kids begging to go out and then just staying out for about 24 seconds because it's too cold, and then coming back in and dripping snow all over the floor and having to peel them out of wet, cold clothes, the way the snow that looks so pretty at first just piles up into nasty gray mounds, snow plows blocking your car in, having a harder time finding parking... blah.

I told my husband I wanted to move to Florida because I hate winter.

He said: "But I bought a new snowblower."

Is he dense? THAT's supposed to make me feel better?!?! :lol:

You can come up here for a visit if you would like. It was chilly enough today, that I built a fire in the wood stove. Next week our highs are only suppose to be around 50, and they are forecasting snow for the mountains.

We moved here to get away from the heat, so you do have my sympathy!

Krista

Here are a couple of pictures from last winter. You can have it. All of it. I hate it all. The snow, the ice, the wind, the cold, the sleet, the freezing weather, how horrid it feels to take your blankets off in the morning, the winter coats and mittens and scarves and hats and boots and scraping ice off your windshield and shoveling, the kids begging to go out and then just staying out for about 24 seconds because it's too cold, and then coming back in and dripping snow all over the floor and having to peel them out of wet, cold clothes, the way the snow that looks so pretty at first just piles up into nasty gray mounds, snow plows blocking your car in, having a harder time finding parking... blah.

Oh, that's right. You guys got all of our snow.

Anyone who wants to cool off can come see me. I'm almost as far north as you can get and still be in the continental US.

:smilielol5::smilielol5: Too funny!

I actually prefer cold weather. You can always put more on to keep warm, but when it's too hot out, there's only so much you can take off.

Just checked out what 96 F is - we use deg.C here - and that's HOT. That'd be an uncomfortable summer temperature for me. Right now, outside, it's 50 F (10 C) and I've just come back from taking the dog out for her evening walk; it seemed a perfect temperature to me. :001_smile:

No snow here yet in Northwestern PA, but it is cold and grey and raining. We started using the woodstove a couple weeks ago. Want to help chop wood?

I don't mind the snow so much because I just don't go anywhere, DH takes our only vehicle to work because there is too much snow on the bike trail in the winter so the kids and I are stuck out here in the woods. Nothing to do but bake cookies, drink hot chocolate, read books, and sit curled up by the woodstove and watch the snow. Oh darn.

There were snow flurries this morning.

I stood outside for an hour and half this afternoon (into sundown hours) watching my kids play football. And I was too vain to wear the puffy white earmuffs I bought. My ears hurt right now. And this is just the beginning of the season. It lasts til May.

Where are you again???

Nah. I don't like the extremely hot, either. I think I might be a PNW girl at heart. They don't have extreme temps, right?

You can come visit me! I'm in NH and my bf from CA

OK, I opened this thread expecting a story about the Wicked Witch of the West. I was a little disappointed, but hey, I can understand your pain, Daisy. :grouphug:

Then, I read what Denise wrote above, only I took bf for boyfriend, and WOW, my :bigear: perked up. I darn near had a cardiac event, and here I was trying to wind down for the night. :o

I think it was only 80 here today (Valencia) and it's supposed to be cooler tomorrow and on Sunday, the high is only supposed to be 67 :party:.

I love it when it is 65-75. Overall, I think this fall has been better than normal, I start to get grumpy when it's the end of Oct./beginning of Nov and I can't even wear jeans or long sleeves.

We went to Disneyland on Wednesday and I think the high was 97 there, it was pretty warm but it wasn't ridiculously hot.

It was in the 80s and 90s here in Ventura. This is really hot for us. Usually its a breezy 68 or so.

I'm not complaining about any of it, after living in MO for four years! It was hot and humid or cold and awful there. No in between!

I love my CA fog and wind. I don't mind the few weeks of HOT weather! Just don't give me any snow!

It was in the 80s and 90s here in Ventura. This is really hot for us. Usually its a breezy 68 or so.

I'm not complaining about any of it, after living in MO for four years! It was hot and humid or cold and awful there. No in between!

I love my CA fog and wind. I don't mind the few weeks of HOT weather! Just don't give me any snow!

DH and I grew up in Nebraska and lived in Kansas City for 9 years before we moved here. The heat here is NOTHING like the heat in NE/MO. I was in NE for 5 days this summer in July, UGH, I forgot how bad it can be, I did not cope well with the sauna heat, my family thought it was pretty funny.:tongue_smilie:

The coast is really nice and it's not often that you get hot over there. My BIL lives on the Central Coast, I love his weather.

Amy,

In MO it never cooled down in the summer. It would be 95 degrees at midnight! I could just never get over that. It should cool down at night!

Exactly, when we lived there, we NEVER opened our windows (partly because DH's asthma and allergies were so bad there). Our A/C is on right now but I will open the house pretty soon and hopefully we'll be done with the A/C until May.

Amy,

In MO it never cooled down in the summer. It would be 95 degrees at midnight! I could just never get over that. It should cool down at night!

Exactly, when we lived there, we NEVER opened our windows (partly because DH's asthma and allergies were so bad there). Our A/C is on right now but I will open the house pretty soon and hopefully we'll be done with the A/C until May.

Alright, you two! Knock it off! We have perfectly wonderful weather here! In fact, if you don't like it, you can just wait a minute and it'll be different!

After 80s weather, dh and I welcomed high of 66 yesterday and low of 55.. Kids are cold, wearing coats and all. Subtropical babies who wear crocs year-round and are barefoot in the tiled house as a matter of course.

Now where are all the socks? Socks are crucial when the temp drops!

After 80s weather, dh and I welcomed high of 66 yesterday and low of 55.. Kids are cold, wearing coats and all. Subtropical babies who wear crocs year-round and are barefoot in the tiled house as a matter of course.

Now where are all the socks? Socks are crucial when the temp drops!

How funny! That is still caprie weather for me! IT has been unusually warm here. By now we should have lots of snow on the ground in areas besides the mountains. Only the mountains have snow so far and not much at all. We have been hitting mid to high 60's in the day here which is like a heat wave for us. Now our nights are dropping way below 20.