Menu

Dumbest possible poll inside

How do you feel?  

1. 1. How do you feel?

• Astonished -- up to now I hadn't realized I was the only adult in the room. Grow up, already!
    • Mildly embarrassed -- I shouldn't have inadvertently gestured offensively.
    • Ohmygoodness, I canNOT believe I just did that! How embarrassing!
    • I'm so humiliated I just can't face these ppl again. leave b/f the speaker resumes.
    • obligatory other.

Let's say you are a grown woman in the company of other fully grown adults ranging from late 20s (very few) to late 70s with the majority being somewhere in the 30s, 40, 50s. There are about 30 ppl present. You know them all (except the speaker) to one degree or another. No close friends are present.

Let's say you're doing something with your hands while you're listening to a speaker.

Let's say you have a comment to make or question to ask and as you do, you gesture with your almost free hand.

Let's say that as you gesture, all but one finger is actively engaged in holding the item you were recently fiddling with.

Let's say that finger was Mr. Tall Man. But honest, you didn't realize.

Let's say that as you comment, you notice some odd looks and sniggering.

Let's say that at break, an acquaintance approaches you and says, "Ohmygosh, [snigger, snigger, giggle, lowers voice] you just flipped off everyone in the room [giggle, giggle, snigger]. Are you just sooo embarrassed?"

Let's say that FOUR other people approach you with a similar comment b/f the 10 minute break is over.

How do you feel?

None of those are what I would do. I'd probably just chuckle and say something like, "Yeah, I know! Oops!" And then...next topic. ?? I mean, it IS funny, but to have several people mention it is also kinda funny because they all apparently think they're the ONLY ones who have something clever to say about it. If I felt they were trying to make fun of me or make me feel bad, I'd probably answer with something different. LOL (Like, flipping them the real bird and saying all faux shocked, "Oooooops! There it goes again, better have that looked at." Ha! Not really. ;) )

Guest Dulcimeramy

I think I'd laugh and say, "Oh, you all thought I was doing this."

(flip 'em the bird, for real)

Then say, "I wasn't, I was just doing this." (repeat legitimate gesture without a smile)

Sheesh.

Obligatory other.

I broke my middle finger and had the splint thingy, white tape wrapped around it. Sitting at a stop light holding onto the steering wheel with both hands, but one finger stayed up in the air. I glared back at the city policeman as he drove by slowly, and giving me the mean eye.

I didn't realize my finger was up in the air pointed in his general direction until afterwards.

Kind of the same thing isn't it, except maybe I could have been pulled over.:tongue_smilie:

A!!! Definitely A! The whole time I was reading your post, I was thinking, "What?...are your acquaintances spending too much time with their 3rd graders or something? Geez! :confused:" Next, perhaps you could pass gas really loudly and see if the room breaks out in hysterical giggles and snickers. :tongue_smilie::auto:

ETA: I do not embarrass easily...actually, I am not sure I really embarass at all. That can't be good, can it? LOL

Edited by Tree House Academy

I think I'd laugh and say, "Oh, you all thought I was doing this."

(flip 'em the bird, for real)

Then say, "I wasn't, I was just doing this." (repeat legitimate gesture without a smile)

Sheesh.

:iagree:It's a finger, was that the highlight of the lecture? If so I'd be flattered, in a weird sort of way.

I was the first (only?) one to pick so humiliated I'd have to leave... Now I'm so embarrassed that I'm running away from this thread, too!:leaving:

:tongue_smilie: I would WANT to leave and never see them again, even if they were people I knew well - I would feel that embarrassment SO deeply! But practically speaking, I probably wouldn't leave - did I ride there with someone? Did I spend money to be there? Do I have other responsibilities? So I'd have to stay, but I would have a very red face for quite some time! :blushing:

J