Menu

We're homeschooling again.

All I have to say about it is that CHILDREN ARE NOT AGENTS OF POSITIVE SOCIALIZATION. I am not sure my seven-year-old is ever going to be as confident as he was. The creepy thing is that I get no agreement. Kids are tormenting my little guy (who, admittedly, is an annoying lil bugger at times, as all kids are), and I keep hearing, "peer feedback can be a very very good thing," and, "kids are amazing at getting other kids to work on things they need to look at." I completely disagree and now I can say that's why I homeschool. Kids need to be in families. Families are amazing at getting other kids to work on things they need to look at. Parental feedback can be a very very good thing. If you can see me twitching angrily through the computer, rest assured, I'll probably be fine about it in a year or three.

Edited by dragons in the flower bed

I'm sorry you experienced that. I know you lingered in your decision at all, I'm sorry it fell apart so soon. May your dc heal quickly as you soothe their souls. :grouphug:

Perhaps a nice copy of Lord of the Flies should be forwarded to the proper authority. :glare:

Kids need to be in families. Families are amazing at getting other kids to work on things they need to look at. Parental feedback can be a very very good thing.

:iagree::iagree::iagree::iagree:

And :grouphug:

Isn't nice to have your ducklings back?

OMG. Was this supposed to be a Sudbury school or Lord of the Flies?

:lol: Yeah. I guess LotF. I never really believed that children would be that evil, that they're innately evil, but it's different when they're all shut into a building with their age peers and left to their own devices, as generations of British boys discovered.

......"peer feedback can be a very very good thing," and, "kids are amazing at getting other kids to work on things they need to look at." .......

Those statements are just code for " I don't care and refuse to do anything to stop the other children from abusing your child". :mad:

It's a good thing you were even able to find out it was going on. Some children hold things in and their parents may not find out what is going on.