Menu

s/o Christmas thread: What are you getting your teenage sons?

I am planning on getting some nice earbuds for my teen sons. we usually give them $50 each. They are not hard to buy for but they just don't really need anything but like all kids, like to have things to open. That being said I will give them beef jerky, vintage t-shirts, carwash kit for my oldest, dh plans to give them each some basic tools to start them off with their own collection. I'll be listening over the next few months to see if there is anything else.

I forgot that my 15 year old wanted an electric guitar. He'll be getting that and an amp with a good set of headphones to go with it.

Edited by lynn

16 yo ds (17 in Jan) - probably a full-size digital keyboard or digital piano

13 you ds - his big gift will likely be something hunting related. He got a rifle last year, so maybe a scope or a deer blind/tree stand, membership at a gun or archery club sort or something I haven't thought of yet.

Both of our older sons really want the new Xbox Kinect (sp?) game system, so we're getting that, plus a couple of games.

They think we aren't getting it, though--so it'll be fun!

Other than that, probably not a whole lot. Maybe some Vans sneakers and a couple of cool t-shirts.

IDK--one has a Sept b-day and the other, Oct., so we have to get thru that, first.

Sky is easy--clothes and something for his car, and a wii game, probably.

Film Buff always asks for dvds, tho the buys a lot on his own.

I love the name Sky. That's the thing, they can buy stuff for themselves now. :tongue_smilie:

Well... IF I had the money, I'd buy my 17yob a camera that he'd love. If I did that, though, the others would quickly realize that their gifts were much less and though that shouldn't matter, not all teenagers have great manners... particularly when they don't live with you year round...

So, I have to stick to about $50 each. If the 17yob has a car, I think I'll put together a car care basket and use the idea mentioned about getting car washes... maybe...

If I found some great deals on ipods or the like, that might work...

I'm already working on stocking stuffers, which are easier... I found some hot cocoa that's brand is my son's name! I've found some 3-d puzzles and those brain teaser puzzles at barnes and noble on sale recently and have a few stashed aside...

I hope to hear some fabulous ideas...

:bigear:

Now I am also thinking of gift cards and instead of a focus on the gifts, last year we started what I want to be a yearly holiday party at our home... I think we'll focus on the fun of that and may just stick with gift cards...

I'm getting one of my teen boys season 4 of deep space nine. I haven't decided what else yet.

In the past I've bought books, special foods that they like and don't get often, movies, computer games, headphones, and board or card games (the monopoly card game was a big hit last year). I also make them flannel sleep pants.

My boys want the new iPod Touch & iTunes gift cards. Video games. X-Box console. A piano or an 88-key keyboard. WOW - newest game thing & gift cards to pay the fees. Laptop. Good digital camera. Cars.

The list of expensive stuff seems endless. I liked it better when they were little and I could buy lots of interesting toys. Now all they want is stuff that costs a lot of money.

lynn...LOVE the idea of beef jerky as a stocking stuffer. What teen boy doesn't love that!

Growing up, my brothers and I had an uncle who was a meat inspector for the government (drawing a blank on what agency does that). At Christmastime he'd bring our family a big box of meat including a beautiful selection of steaks and two HUGE bags of beef jerky. It was the best!