Menu

What website did you purchase your kids Pillow Pet from?

I'm getting ready to get my daughter a pillow pet for her birthday, she's been asking for one for almost a year now! Has anyone used www.pillowpetsontv.com ? I don't want to get scammed so I'd like to hear about any positive or negative experiences you've has with this website or the one you used. TIA!

Edited by OleanderRain

I remember everyone saying that the ones at the mall are fakes. I checked with the people working at the kiosks and they are not the My Pillow Pets brand. Also they are much more expensive than online. If anyone sees the advertisement on television take note of the website and post it here, pretty please.

We have 2 real pillow pets (ladybug and chocolate moose) and one fake one (tiger). You can really tell the difference. The fake ones just are not made as well as the real ones.

I think you buy the real ones at pillowpet.com

There are 2 sizes of real pillowpets, so pay attention to size when you compare prices. Also there have been shortages of some types and so the people who speculate in these things will try to drive the price up.

My DD is saving her pennies to buy her next pillowpet. With all the stuffed animals she has, the pillowpets are the only things she cares about.

Its a pillow

Its a pet

Its a pillowpet. cha cha cha

We have 2 real pillow pets (ladybug and chocolate moose) and one fake one (tiger). You can really tell the difference. The fake ones just are not made as well as the real ones.

I think you buy the real ones at pillowpet.com

There are 2 sizes of real pillowpets, so pay attention to size when you compare prices. Also there have been shortages of some types and so the people who speculate in these things will try to drive the price up.

My DD is saving her pennies to buy her next pillowpet. With all the stuffed animals she has, the pillowpets are the only things she cares about.

Its a pillow

Its a pet

Its a pillowpet. cha cha cha

Thanks, now I'll be singing that for the rest of the evening! LOL!

When I do a search I click on pillowpet.com or whatever website it is and I'm redirected to a similar named website. I'm afraid I'm going to give my info to a website that's not legit.

• 6 months later...
I remember everyone saying that the ones at the mall are fakes. I checked with the people working at the kiosks and they are not the My Pillow Pets brand. Also they are much more expensive than online. If anyone sees the advertisement on television take note of the website and post it here, pretty please.

My kids didn't care what they got - they were happy it was pillow pet-ish. Walmart sells them for $20 - 3 have "real" pillow pets and one has a knock-off.

I'm getting ready to get my daughter a pillow pet for her birthday, she's been asking for one for almost a year now! Has anyone used www.pillowpetsontv.com ? I don't want to get scammed so I'd like to hear about any positive or negative experiences you've has with this website or the one you used. TIA!

Yes, that's where we got ours. I ordered in late October and it took a couple of weeks, if I recall. I believe it took longer than I expected, but I don't remember how long they said it would take. Also, there was a discount for the 2nd, 3rd, 4th... that didn't show up on the email confirmation. I emailed them back about it, and they said it wasn't charged to my card (and it wasn't).

ETA: we have the unicorn and dolphin (large size)

Edited by gardening momma

We got a zoobie a few years ago before the pillow pet craze. It is great, and they have so many cute ones now. There was pretty much just the alligator when we got it. It is great for traveling. We unzip and take out the blanket and then stuff dd coat into the pet so we have a pillow and a blanket.

They have them everywhere around here:

CVS

Walgreens

Rite Aide

Toys R Us

Yep, and Target, and... well, there almost isn't a store I've been into lately that doesn't have them. I wouldn't be surprised to see them in the gas station convenience store at this rate... :tongue_smilie:

The Ace Hardware in our neighborhood has them. When I saw them, I said to the manager, "Umm...really? You're a HARDWARE STORE - why do you have these?" My 5-y-o runs up and squeals, "PILLOWPETS!!!" He did finger guns at me and deadpanned, "That's why."

Those Zoobie things are freakin' adorable, though!

We ordered from MyPillowPets because the one dd wanted--cat--was one we couldn't find in any of the stores around here. Shipping is pricey but she had Christmas money. She's now saving up for a unicorn and I've seen them at a couple different stores locally, which will save a bunch--lower price plus no shipping.

DS got a knock off mall version for Christmas and he loves it. It is his beloved monkey pillow buddy. (There's a tag on it, and he can read so he knows but doesn't care).

However the pillow got two holes and the tail fell off within two days of him having it. He wasn't rough with it at all, it was just not made well. I sewed the holes up but my cat got to the tail so we have a tail-less monkey now, lol. There are now two DIFFERENT holes on it that I have to sew up.

Two of the kids I babysit and a bunch of DS friends have the real deals and have never gotten any holes. I wouldn't waste your money on the knock offs, and go for the real thing.

Both mine wanted them for Christmas this year - I bought one at Target (penguin) and one at Bed Bath and Beyond (unicorn). Had BB&B had the penguin I would have bought both there as I used the $5 off coupon so only had to pay $15 - they were $20 at Target/WalMart.

They are adorable and my son plays with his far more than my daughter - which is a huge surprise as she adores all stuffed animals and he has a select few he loves to death.

I just saw some "Pillow Petz" at the mall tonight. I didn't examine them closely, but from what I saw, they really don't look as well made as the originals. It's mostly the fabric that I observed as being not as good. I didn't pick any up to look at the seams (my kids were with me, and I was trying to pull them away :) ). I'm not a clothing or toy snob (I'll buy cheap or secondhand when I can), but going by what others here have said about how the knock-offs come apart at the seams, I'd get the real thing.