Menu

Positive news. (Share yours too)

1) Thanks to routine computer maintenance, I got off work an hour early.

2) I'm on day 1 of WW and stayed within my points.

3) I saw my dermatologist this week (after not having seen her in 5 years) and my skin is fine, no concerning moles and I'm 6 years cancer free! (some of you might remember I had malignant melanoma in '04)

Great thread!

Dh just put his painting of a lobster for sale three days ago, and it sold for $100. He painted it in 15 minutes :)

I took a nap twice this week, thanks to my awesome in-laws.

My brother-in-law cleaned my whole kitchen, scrubbed the fridge, all its shelves, took out the trash, swept and scrubbed the floor, and did the dishes. All without me asking and because I'm pregnant and tired. He would make an amazing husband one day. He's also wonderful with the kids.

Someone is giving us a goat that's in milk!! :hurray: Big news here, since we had decided to put it off until next year, for cost reasons. PLUS I had just snagged 150 linear feet of chain link fencing (w/gates and posts) for free off Craigslist. Well, I did the spotting -- dh and 16 yo did the "snagging." Just right for said goat.

Oh, and our party on Saturday is going to be so fun (I'd posted recently about 63+ people coming over). We're now up to more than 80 with 20 maybes. The big :hurray: with this is that it was supposed to be in the 90s on Saturday, but now it's saying 85 and a touch cloudy. That's do-able!

Had a good birthday dinner tonight with dh. Will be 44 on Sunday.

This is a fun thread to read. Congrats to everyone on the good news!

DH and I decided to buy a car yesterday. I am now the proud owner of my first convertible, a 2007 VW Beetle. The best part is I no longer have to get up at 2am and take DH to work and now I can make plans without having to worry about who needs the vehicle.

Oh yeah, the ladies I play tennis with noticed I have lost weight and complimented me on being 'skinny'. I have not lost that much weight but the compliments were encouraging.

Edited by The Dragon Academy

We managed to squeeze out a last-minute trip to WDW (leaving next Saturday!) on a super-skinny budget:

*using next year's DVC points

*driving to/from Delaware, straight through, $275ish gas and tolls

*first night hotel in Downtown Disney for $55 plus tax (and stupid resort fees) without ds sleeping on the floor

*tickets through the Open Enrollment Y.E.S program (similar to Homeschool Days), so youngest and I will be attending a 3hr class in the Animal Kingdom-----tickets for the five of us $808 for 5day hoppers (incl Fed Ex shipping)

*taking a cooler of food with us, only eating out two sitdown meals (at lunch, too, to save money), approx $200

*the kids have their own money (teens from jobs!, youngest from being frugal with bday money)

We really need some time away :) Mom died in November, my sister's fil died in October, her mil has just been moved into care (they live/d nearby so we always hosted them at holidays--I've been helping my sister with everything), dh's parents (also nearby) have health problems that they refuse to talk about..........

OMH - how could I forget.....DD called me and told me she has gained two pounds. Praises and amen! For us this is an awesome reason to celebrate. Only 6-10 more to gain and I can relax. I hope my sweet MIL can continue to get DD to eat. My MIL is the best cook ever and when her cooking skills are enhanced by the fresh CO Rocky Mountain air and the excitement of atving surely DD will be enticed to eat.

It's my 16th wedding anniversary, 20 years since we've been together.

I have 3 miracle kids who are wonderful

Hubby has two job possibilities, praying one works out ASAP.

God has never failed us. God has never left us. God is good. God wants us to have hope and happiness. (I have to keep saying that over and over to remind myself)

I have another one. I have new bras! My horrible, old, stretched out, four year old maternity bras are in the bin and I am now wearing... Uh, you don't need that level of detail do you?

I just knew you would all understand.

:lol:

Rosie

New bras ROCK! :hurray:

I have another one. I have new bras! My horrible, old, stretched out, four year old maternity bras are in the bin and I am now wearing... Uh, you don't need that level of detail do you?

I just knew you would all understand.

:lol:

Rosie

:lol: That is very "uplifting" news, Rosie!!;)

This thread is making me smile - I love it! :grouphug:

After almost a year of pain and sickness (not cancer or anything, but not fun), I finally have a handle on things and am feeling better.

My friend and I have been walking the last few weeks, cut back on the Coke, are drinking water, and I've lost 9 pounds and feel good.

The kids are excited about a new school year and I'm almost done planning through December. I'm excited to be heading into my last semester of undergraduate school and graduating in December.

My baby brother and his family are in town, and we all got together last night to celebrate my boy's 13th birthday.

God is good. All the time.