Menu

I need your best pork chop recipe

Sprinkle the chops with salt, pepper, and poultry seasoning. Brown in a skillet. Pour in a can of chicken broth and add 2 bay leaves. Cover and simmer on low for about 30 minutes (this makes the chops very tender). Remove chops from broth. Put about 3 tbs of cornstarch in about 1 cup of water and stir. Over low heat; stir the cornstarch mixture into the broth to make gravy. Return the chops to the gravy. Serve the gravy over cooked rice. This is savory and yummy.

I'm a vegetarian but every once in a while I'll make these for dh & ds.

I get fast fry boneless chops (or a pork loin cut into chops) & tenderize them with one of these: 093-D-189.jpg

so they're even thinner.

Dredge in

1) flour mixed with salt & freshly cracked pepper

2) beaten egg

3) bread crumb

Pan fry in lightly oiled non stick pan. They cook very fast because they're so thin.

This is a german/polish/ukrainian style of breaded pork chop, sometimes sold in restaurants as a pork schnitzel.

Serve with mashed potatoes, cabbage salad, hot mustard & a slice of lemon.

The problem with pork chops is that there is an ideal temperature at which they'll have the best flavor and texture - when I cooked them, I ALWAYS overcooked them (because pork freaks me out). The key to frying, grilling, broiling, baking pork chops is to get them out of the heat just when the juices are clear, but the meat is still mildly pink :ack2:. I don't eat them, but dh and ds does, and that's the deal. They usually just brush both sides with olive oil, season them with McCormick's Montreal Seasoning and a little paprika, then grill them.

Edited by LauraGB

Lay them out on a cutting board and sprinkle both side with meat tenderizer. Pierce the side up all over with a fork and then repeat on the other side. Then sprinkle both sides with Lowry's Seasoning Salt and if you have time transfer to a glass pan and let sit in the fridge for an hour.

Grill on low heat until the top sides are nearly done (check that the bottoms aren't overdone). Flip and grill a few more minutes.

Serve plain or on a hamburger bun with barbeque sauce.

As was already mentioned, the trick to good pork chops is to not dry them out. If they look dry on the grill, they're overdone.

Edited by Pippen

This recipe came from one of Suzanne Somers' books and it's fabulous.

Season chops (we use boneless) with salt and pepper. Heat 2T. butter in a skillet (avoid nonstick if you can) over medium high and brown chops about 4 minutes each side. Do not overcook! Remove from pan.

Reduce heat to medium and saute a large onion, thinly sliced, in the butter, adding more butter if needed. Add 2 cloves of minced garlic and some shallots if you want - they are sweeter and milder. When onions are nicely browned,

Reduce heat, and add 1 C. red wine to deglaze the pan - allow to boil then simmer for about 3 minutes. Add 2T. butter and whisk in 1/2 C. heavy cream.

Return chops to pan ans heat for 2 minutes.

Yummmm! And low carbs! I lose weight eating these! :D

In a glass casserole pan: line with thin layer of drained kraut. Layer of PC, layer of kraut, layer of PCs, layer of kraut and a little diced apple and sauteed onion. Cover with strips of uncooked bacon.

Bake at 325 for....I think it is 75 minutes. You'll know when the meat is all browned and the bacon done.

My mother used to do it without the bacon, but, as a butcher told me after my tries failed PCs are leaner than they were in the 50s. So, I added the bacon, and everything is nice and moist.

p.s. it does not taste krauty, and you can also put in a pan of thin-sliced potatoes, tossed in oil, baked over a thin lining of kraut.