Menu

Doodle's bird cake

Doodle wanted his "friends" Fuzzy Parrot and Pink Pie on his birthday cake. I was pleased with the result. He was thrilled. He especially liked getting to "practice" decorating with the left over icing. His party was today. When it was time to serve the cake, I asked him first which piece he wanted. He choose Pink Pie's face! Nothing like taking the first piece right out of the middle. Next I asked his friend which piece he wanted. He wanted Fuzzy Parrots face of course. From there I started offering selections to my family members. No one seemed eager to choose bird butt. :tongue_smilie:

Edited by Doodle
picture removed

Doodle wanted his "friends" Fuzzy Parrot and Pink Pie on his birthday cake. I was pleased with the result. He was thrilled. He especially liked getting to "practice" decorating with the left over icing. His party was today. When it was time to serve the cake, I asked him first which piece he wanted. He choose Pink Pie's face! Nothing like taking the first piece right out of the middle. Next I asked his friend which piece he wanted. He wanted Fuzzy Parrots face of course. From there I started offering selections to my family members. No one seemed eager to choose bird butt. :tongue_smilie:

Nice job! Adorable cake. :)

....she turned 18 and I made her a homemade cake. The frosting was too thin, so I thickened it up, but I thought it still seemed too thin. The cakes were fully cooled, so I decided to go ahead and frost it anyway. I finally ended up using skewers to hold the four layers together, b/c they kept slowly sliding one direction or another. I thickened the remaining frosting some more (more sugar) so I could fill in the gaps. I ended up with a cake that looked like a chocolate "drizzle (sand) castle". LOL! It was the ugliest cake in the world...there is no picture! It tasted good though.

For the OP -- you rock!

Thanks for the nice compliments on Doodle's cake. I missed last year since we were still house hunting and our stuff (decorating supplies included) was all in storage. Here is his 4yr cake. Someone eventually ate bird butt. The only thing remaining is the edge pieces!

Edited by Doodle
picture removed

Thanks for the nice compliments on Doodle's cake. I missed last year since we were still house hunting and our stuff (decorating supplies included) was all in storage. Here is his 4yr cake. Someone eventually ate bird butt. The only thing remaining is the edge pieces!

That one is awesome, too! Send some of those edge pieces over here--they're my favorite part, escpecially corners!