Menu

S/O--How many of you are (or have been) a pastor's wife?

Respond below if you are or ever have been a pastor's wife:  

1. 1. Respond below if you are or ever have been a pastor's wife:

• I am currently a pastor's wife.
    • I have been a pastor's wife in the past.

DH & I are former pastors ....went thru Bible school AND seminary together, and then DH was on-staff at an amazing church for 6 years. :) Two years ago, we felt God leading us (unexpectedly, I might add) out of ministry and I have no idea where this path will lead.

By the way, he was the pastor of small groups in a church of 2200- not 'the' Sr pastor but close enough for us to know that is not something we desire.

Edited by LarlaB
Thought I'd add more info

My husband has been in full-time ministry for 15 years (part-time for several years before that). He's served with youth, media, and worship. Like a pp, we have no desire to pursue a senior pastor position ever. However, when the kids are older, we'd love to go into missions one day.

Susan

Dh and I met while he worked with a small group ministry for 2 years. Then seminary for 3. Then full time ministry for the last 13 years. He has been a Sr. pastor for all of his FT ministry. I honestly felt as called to the ministry as he did, and I am very much a part of the ministry. Although right now, my primary focus is on our family. BTW, I am a co-blogger for a PW blog called Clutch. Ya'll should check it out. http://clutchtalk.blogspot.com/

We've been married 21 years all of which dh has been in ordained ministry. :D Lots of prayer and laughter not so much money.

Dh became pastor of a little church out in the country within a few weeks after we were married. Before that, he had been preaching at various churches, filling in for pastors who were on vacation, etc.

Guest Katia

DH has been in full-time ministry for 28 years now. I've honestly hated every.single.minute of it. He is bi-vocational right now, and he's finally ready to move into his 'other' job full-time and leave the ministry.....as soon as he is up for promotion.

Yea!!! My prayers of 28 years are finally being answered and we can live 'normal' lives as 'normal' people. I am seriously introverted and this life-style is not, not, NOT the one for me. Or my kids. But we have supported dh because it was what he was called to do and we love him.

DH has been in full-time ministry for 28 years now. I've honestly hated every.single.minute of it. He is bi-vocational right now, and he's finally ready to move into his 'other' job full-time and leave the ministry.....as soon as he is up for promotion.

Yea!!! My prayers of 28 years are finally being answered and we can live 'normal' lives as 'normal' people. I am seriously introverted and this life-style is not, not, NOT the one for me. Or my kids. But we have supported dh because it was what he was called to do and we love him.

Wow, bless your heart! (as we say here in the south).

Guest Katia
Wow, bless your heart! (as we say here in the south).

LOL! Well, this isn't exactly something that I can voice anywhere else. No one here has heard it (except for my adult kids). Can you imagine what the church people would say/think if I ever mentioned a word of this?? I just have to pretend that everything is a-ok then all the church people are happy.....typical pastor family behavior, kwim?