Menu

Pictures of my homeschool room

My homeschool room is finally done!! Well, kind of, I do have a bit more shelf organizing to do, but I have figured out furniture placement. I know that it is not a matching room, but each time I walk into it, my heart is filled with such a sense of peace and pride. picture.php?albumid=407&pictureid=1678

picture.php?albumid=407&pictureid=1676picture.php?albumid=407&pictureid=1677

Thank you all so much!! I do love my room.

The black shelves were bought from Ikea. They have dropped in price and are now only $99 each. They have to be assembled at home, but I was able to easily assemble both of mine in about an hour and a half. They are very heavy though, so if you do not have a person to help you lift the boxes, I would suggest using a dolly if you have one or can borrow one. The shelves come with a very large bracket (about a foot long) to mount it to the wall to prevent tipping. I am ashamed to say that I have not done that yet. =(

Also, the shelves can be turned sideways and used as a room divider. The wall mount allows that option too. I would like to buy an additional shelf for the schoolroom and one to use as a room divider for my sons room.

I looks awesome.

I too love the black shelves. Where did you find them? I have some that look similar from Target but are only 9 cubbies and aren't tall enough to hold a binder.

Oh, and the black shelves are 5 ft x 5 ft. Their shelves measure about 13 inches square. They are able to hold alot and they are actually quite solid.

Nice! I have the Ikea shelves, too, but I got the one that is 6X6. They do hold a lot of stuff! Your school room looks great.

Oh wow, I would love the 6x6 shelves too. I did not even see those. But I did not go into look. I saw my shelves on sale in the ad so for the first time I ventured into Ikea. I wish that I would have had more time to explore. It was like an entirely different world in there. :tongue_smilie:

Oh, it looks lovely! I'm in the process of trying to wrap our new schoolroom up today, but mine is, unfortunately, still more playroom than schoolroom. I'm working on it! I love your black shelves too--I've been drooling over those shelves for a year or so now, for my DDs' rooms and for our playroom/schoolroom. Someday...

Great job! Enjoy your new space :D

Okay - now you have me inspired to go and do some work so you can see the room again......I was having end of school meltdown and just refused to go any farther than placing the boxes of books on the floor! :tongue_smilie: Now I have to make a path to my desk! I can laugh now but wasn't laughing then!

This is just what I needed!

Enjoy your room! After all the hard work, you deserve the peacefulness!

Thank you. Everyone here is quite sweet. =) I too have been drooling over these shelves for years, the day the Ikea flyer came in and they were dropped down in price, I ran out and bought them. I justified it by including them in my school budget.

The wrap around computer desk has actually been sitting in my garage for years with stuff just being plopped on top of it and it was forgotten. One of my neighbors was getting rid of it and I never had a space for it until this room opened up.

My classroom is actually my master bedroom. Well, it is used to be. I moved my dh and I into a tiny little bedroom with just enough room for our king sized bed, a dresser, and a chair. We still have to use the closet in this room, but if we didn't, oh the storage opportunities my classroom would have.

I've drug some more school supplies that I have had hidden and scattered throughout the house into the room today. Yes, thank goodness for the extra shelves.

Okay - now you have me inspired to go and do some work so you can see the room again...

I am glad that I inspired you. It took viewing the schoolrooms of others here for me to get on the ball and rearrange my room into one that I was happy to be in. Now, I just need to inspire myself enough to put away all of my extra stuff and to actually organize those bookshelves.

I love it! (I'm also jealous!)

As an aside, I just want to point out that I originally saw this thread while I wasn't logged in. I couldn't for the life of me figure out how anyone could see the pictures because there were none and nowhere to click to see t hem. Then I logged in, and there they were. Kudos, WTM, for keeping members' pictures just for the members!:thumbup1:

Your school room is as big as my living room! No joke!:tongue_smilie:

I love it..and I agree with a previous poster, like the black shelves...however I love the red shelves (well they look red in the picture)!

Yeppers, there is a red shelf in the room. I love it too. =)

Looks great! How did you make the blue chair cover? I'd like to make some for our computer chairs!

Hi Lee. I did make the chair cover. I was very lucky to find two office chairs at a thrift store for about $1.75 each. One was very nice and it just needed to be lysoled and wiped down well, the other had a lot of picking in the material but the base was sturdy. That is the one I covered. It was really easy, I had two pillow shams that I don't use anymore so I recovered the bottom by justing stapling it to the bottom of chair and cutting off the excess. For the back cushion, I just folded the sham in half, and sewed up along the two sides.

My dd is happy with her knew chair, I am happy with the price since my budget is very limited but we really needed two more chairs!! :D

The shelves come with a very large bracket (about a foot long) to mount it to the wall to prevent tipping. I am ashamed to say that I have not done that yet. =(

Incredible Room... but... do us all a favor... and especially your conscience and do the wall bracket right away. We don't want any bad news, next!

:001_smile:

Okay - now you have me inspired to go and do some work so you can see the room again......I was having end of school meltdown and just refused to go any farther than placing the boxes of books on the floor! :tongue_smilie: Now I have to make a path to my desk! I can laugh now but wasn't laughing then!

This is me!! Mamatanya's room is so nice and clean and organized. I was feeling like I'm way behind in getting ready for the upcoming start to school, but I just haven't been able to go into my schoolroom without running right back out and shutting the door. Actually, I can't get into the room without climbing over the boxes.

Hopefully, when I get through with my painting project (trim in all of the main rooms of the house), I'll feel more like organizing the schoolroom.

Seeing the pictures of this beautiful room is definitely motivating!

Looks great. I love the black cubby hole shelves, I want some like that but in white.

I am in the middle of our classroom makeover. Painting is almost done and then the wood floors will go in and I can get furniture and supplies back in. I am having to downsize what we keep in the room to keep it spacious and clutter free. We rearrange the room every summer, but this time it is getting a more serious makeover. I can't wait to finish because it is hard to function in the chaos.

Thank you all so much!! I do love my room.

The black shelves were bought from Ikea. They have dropped in price and are now only $99 each. They have to be assembled at home, but I was able to easily assemble both of mine in about an hour and a half. They are very heavy though, so if you do not have a person to help you lift the boxes, I would suggest using a dolly if you have one or can borrow one. The shelves come with a very large bracket (about a foot long) to mount it to the wall to prevent tipping. I am ashamed to say that I have not done that yet. =(

Also, the shelves can be turned sideways and used as a room divider. The wall mount allows that option too. I would like to buy an additional shelf for the schoolroom and one to use as a room divider for my sons room.

Forget the homeschool stuff----I want those bookshelves for my yarn stash!!!

Lovely!

astrid

It was really easy, I had two pillow shams that I don't use anymore so I recovered the bottom by justing stapling it to the bottom of chair and cutting off the excess. For the back cushion, I just folded the sham in half, and sewed up along the two sides.

Staple and cut! I think I could do that! :) Thanks!