Menu

I need to cyber scream today. Want to join me?

We buried our dog last night, the cutie pie you see in my avatar.

I feel like screaming, crying and hiding under the covers all day.

:crying::angry::mad::cursing::(:crying:

We were blessed to have her as part of our family for 14 years, 9 months. She was considered our children's "big sister". I miss her so much it hurts.

Thanks. It seems surreal. Most of our marraige has been with her in it. It's the longest that either of us (dh/me) have ever had a dog. We wrapped her in the Panamanian flag for burial. (She was our PanaMutt, adopted as a puppy when we were stationed in Panama.)

We started compiling a list of funny memories of her for a scrapbook I'm making. (dh makes the concrete markers for dead pets, I guess my catharsis is writing/scrapbooking her pics)

Most of them involve the theft of food:

Trixie stealing the homemade (from scratch) Twinkies

Trixie moving the bench over to the counter to climb up and eat the cheesecake (that I baked for a client!). DH exclaimed, "Look! The use of simple tools! She's a genius!"

Trixie stealing ham and hiding it under Katy's Hello Kitty's dress. (the dress of the Hello Kitty doll had ham shoved under it)

She sure kept us in stitches! :lol:

Thanks. It seems surreal. Most of our marraige has been with her in it. It's the longest that either of us (dh/me) have ever had a dog. We wrapped her in the Panamanian flag for burial. (She was our PanaMutt, adopted as a puppy when we were stationed in Panama.)

We started compiling a list of funny memories of her for a scrapbook I'm making. (dh makes the concrete markers for dead pets, I guess my catharsis is writing/scrapbooking her pics)

Most of them involve the theft of food:

Trixie stealing the homemade (from scratch) Twinkies

Trixie moving the bench over to the counter to climb up and eat the cheesecake (that I baked for a client!). DH exclaimed, "Look! The use of simple tools! She's a genius!"

Trixie stealing ham and hiding it under Katy's Hello Kitty's dress. (the dress of the Hello Kitty doll had ham shoved under it)

She sure kept us in stitches! :lol:

I love those kind of pet stories! WHAT would we do if we didn't have those stories to remember. I am so sorry for your loss.

You don't. You tell him you will do it for $25.00

If he won't do it, is it a one mile distance that you can push it using another car?

I'm too much of a wimp to haggle. I paid the $45 and the car is home. When the driver delivered it water was pouring out of the muffler and the rear end. A nice gentleman, an auto mechanic by trade, stopped by before the tow truck arrived and tinkered a bit. He declared the problem to be a fried starter. The theory is that when DD drove into the flooded street the water short circuited the starter.

The drama of last night is over. For now. Until DH gets home and we find out how much replacing the starter will cost.

DD is safe. That is all that matters. Right?

I'll join you. I am having to go to my father in law's house twice a day to give him antibiotics. This is the man who has been mean and hateful to me for 17 years and pretty much hates me for taking his boy away from him. And now it's either I give him the meds at home or he will die. He refuses to stay in the hospital for the next six weeks to get them. So yes, I want to scream.

I'm sorry about Trixie, Cyndi. :grouphug:

I'll join you. I am having to go to my father in law's house twice a day to give him antibiotics. This is the man who has been mean and hateful to me for 17 years and pretty much hates me for taking his boy away from him. And now it's either I give him the meds at home or he will die. He refuses to stay in the hospital for the next six weeks to get them. So yes, I want to scream.

((Nakia)) You will be twice blessed, Dear one.

Why can't his darling boy take them to him? (Sorry, I've probably missed a backstory some where)

And to everyone suffering loss, :grouphug::grouphug::grouphug::grouphug:

Why can't his darling boy take them to him? (Sorry, I've probably missed a backstory some where)

And to everyone suffering loss, :grouphug::grouphug::grouphug::grouphug:

His darling boy is my sweet husband who works about 50-60 hours per week so I can homeschool. That just leaves me. ugh...

On Sunday nights my mom would go into the basement, put on her oldies station, and iron for hours (uniform, uniform blouses, her work aprons,my dad's pants and shirts). She said it was her quiet time, her time to think, and just have a good cry about life. I never "got it."

I do now.

I wish I had a basement to iron it out of sight of my children.

We were blessed to have her as part of our family for 14 years, 9 months. She was considered our children's "big sister". I miss her so much it hurts.

I felt the same way about our beloved Liddy we lost three years ago. We still miss her! :grouphug:

I'll join in the screaming, but I cant share what its about because snot allowed on these boards!

Grrrrr. I have had 3.5 hours sleep.

Me too! I ran on the treadmill yesterday until I nearly passed out. Sadly, I didn't feel any better. When does life become easier? Things seem so insurmountable these days with no resolution in sight!

That's so sad. I'm so sorry. Losing a beloved pet is devastating. A couple of years ago, I lost a sweetie-pie cat my dh gave me on my 22 b'day. All of our children knew & loved her. It was so sad. I did not realize my children were also so attached.

We have a perfect dog that is getting on in years, and all of us dread her passing. She is so special and sweet. All four of our kids voice concerns about life post Perfect Doggie. :(

Gaint genuine cyber hug to you. :grouphug:I can only imagine our pain when it's our turn. I am so sorry.

I will join you. I attended the funeral for a 21-month-old today. Caskets should not have to be made in that size.:crying:

:confused: That poor family. To think about such a loss... it is beyond comprehension. My heart breaks for them. I cannot, do not, want to imagine such a tradgedy.

ooooeeee. I'm screaming (and my screams seem silly now that I see what other folks are going through :grouphug: to all of you)

I am screaming because I cant stand where I live and I can stand my in laws and all my friends here are fake, mean, liars and yet they still seem to get ahead and never see any consequences. My BIL finagled his way out of major legal trouble and steals and has all kinds of new "toys", and my poor DH works 50+ hours a week and we barely scrape by.

BUT...I have 3 healthy kids and I get to SAH and I get to HS. So its really not that bad...HEY, the scream helps!!!!!!!!!!! :D