"Dad is the other half of this parent thing -check with him."

"Dad's standing right there. Check with him."

"For the love of all that's holy - go ask your father!!"

That would be all, but then it becomes:

"Dad said what?! No!!"

"Dad! What were you thinking?!"

Sigh.

Now, that is all.

When I was growing up my mom got SOOOOO tired of hearing, "Mommy!" all day.

She adopted a couple of cockatiels one year and the first thing she taught them to say was, "Daddy!"

LOL!!!

I would never ever send my kids to their daddy... In fact, it's so engrained in my culture that there was a scene in a movie a few years ago. Divorced couple, living in a duplex, she downstairs, him upstairs. Teenage girl wants a piercing and asks dad. His answer? "I'll have a talk with your mommy, and she'll tell me what to answer, ok?"

:lol:

:iagree::iagree::iagree:

I don't mind some of it, but at least half of the time, you are right, dh is right there! We'll be in the car, and all the remarks/questions will be addressed at me, or whereever. "Your Daddy is right here!" Hot button issue in my house.:001_smile:

Them:

"Mom, Can I..."

"Mom, Can you..."

"Mom, I want you to..."

"Mom, will you..."

"Mom I need you to..."

"Mom, can you tell dad/brother/sister that I..."

"Mom?"

"Mom? Mom? Mom?!!"

Me:

"Go ask your dad!"

"Why don't you go to Dad?"

"What's wrong with Dad?"

"Dad is the other half of this parent thing -check with him."

"Dad's standing right there. Check with him."

"For the love of all that's holy - go ask your father!!"

That would be all, but then it becomes:

"Dad said what?! No!!"

"Dad! What were you thinking?!"

Sigh.

Now, that is all.

:iagree::lol:

And whats worse? When they are talking to each other but looking at me waiting to see if I am going to react. Doesn't matter what it is. Dh telling daughter to do something or ds telling sister to do something or any combination thereof.

"What are you lookin at me for?! Your not even talking to me!"

What would they do without us?? :001_smile:

I only get them to ask Dad when I want back up for my answer and I already know what his will be. Otherwise...we often differ and for us, I am the one who will say "sure, go ahead" and he will say "no way". So, when I acutally want to say "no way" (such as dd15 goign to a party where there will be alcohol), I get them to ask him and he can be the bad guy, which doesnt bother him at all.

My kids know how to manipulate the mother versus dad thing to the max, so we have to outsmart them. We both know we both do it :)

I was just laughing at a Family Guy commercial in which Stewie kept repeating, "Mom! Mom! Mom! Mom! Mom! Mom!" Lois finally exploded with, "What?!" Stewie said, "Hi!" :lol:

I encourage my kids to go find their dad. They often come back to say, "Dad said I could _______. Is that ok?" :glare: My response is, "Yes. He's your dad. He can give you permission to do stuff. If he said it's ok, you don't have to ask me." :tongue_smilie:

:iagree:

The one that bugs me the most is when they are sitting IN THE ROOM with their father and they will call me from another floor in the house to put a movie in the DVD player or get them water or something. They are right NEXT to him and yet they still don't see him as a possible source of assistance?? How did this happen?? I know, must be mom's fault!

:iagree:

The one that bugs me the most is when they are sitting IN THE ROOM with their father and they will call me from another floor in the house to put a movie in the DVD player or get them water or something. They are right NEXT to him and yet they still don't see him as a possible source of assistance?? How did this happen?? I know, must be mom's fault!

Yes! This happens here too!!

The kids will be in the room with their father when they need help with something. They will EXIT the room and come to find me for help. I ask "Weren't you JUST in there with Daddy? He knows how to help you too!"