Menu

My cyber scream

Yikes. Stop screaming and step away from the math book;). 6yo children can learn plenty of math by everyday living. Setting the table can be a math lesson. So can putting toys away. Playing with blocks, playing board games, just plain living. I love the books Family Math and Family Math for Young Children as a way of incorporating math into our lives.

Yikes. Stop screaming and step away from the math book;). 6yo children can learn plenty of math by everyday living. Setting the table can be a math lesson. So can putting toys away. Playing with blocks, playing board games, just plain living. I love the books Family Math and Family Math for Young Children as a way of incorporating math into our lives.

That's exactly what I did. We put math away. I scrubbed dishes to release frustration. The boys are playing Uno.

Oh honey, I hear ya, loud and clear! I felt that way, too, today. Is it a full moon or something? My 6 year old just flat out refused to do his speed drill. He sat there and hummed. He always gets 100% on his speed-drill, so it's not like there's a problem or he's feeling inadequate or anything. He is just under the impression that if he doesn't want to do something he shouldn't have to do it. Hmph!:glare: I'm glad we're on "Late Winter Break" next week. We need it!

Gosh, we had that day with math today, too.

I stopped about 1/3 of the way through the worksheet, because if he doesn't get it right now (or simply can't right now, which is what I suspect) me getting frustrated is only going to frustrate him, too. He's only a 6 year old kindergartener. Does he HAVE to understand mental math and adding by 9's TODAY?

:grouphug:

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!

doing math today :banghead:

Please tell me I can teach my 6 yr old math.

You can teach your 6-year old math.

(But if you decide you can't there are quite a few DVD based math programs available. That is exactly why I have MUS. I can't teach math to my dd.)