Menu

Just curious if you use a wheelie at the library

Ok I'm getting one. The other day, an adult wheelie abuser was doing some sort of path-blocking sauntering zig-zags walking into the library. Once there, she basically straddled the depositories for both kids and adults books (which diametrically face each other) blocking the slots for both as she carefully pondered each book in her cart (front and back covers) as to whether she wanted to return it or not. Boy, I feel better getting that off my chest. Yes, the world looks different (bluebirds with small ribbons in their beaks alighting in your sun backlit hair and so forth) if you do not have 50# of oddly-shaped books in your arms in a soon to burst paper bag.

Yes, yes, yes!!!

I have the Staples cart.

I'm on my 4th one. They don't hold up too well if you use them daily like I do (like for big Sam's Club jugs of bleach and vinegar). When we leave the car to go inside the house, everything goes into the cart - purses, books, bags, everything. It also helps when you live with messies. Instead of the unloading your arms at the front door when you enter the house, everything is in the cart. Then later when I'm asked where item X is, I just say "Did you check the cart?"

But if you only use the cart for the library it should last a long time.

I have one from Staples. I got tired of my back aching for days after a trip to the library. And I use it to take my children's school books on days that I go to church for Bible study. No more broken back! (but I always feel silly rolling it around. Like I'm some sort of geek.)

I use one of those cloth grocery bags.

This is what we use as well, though I do have a cart that I use to hold the books here at home after we get them from the library. Our library has steep steps to the entry, so I'd still have to carry the cart up those steps. Not exactly a fun idea, so we use the bags.

I have a cart from Office Depot. It makes the library trip so much easier than trying to wrangle 4 kiddos and all of their books in addition to mine.

When my youngest son was 1-2, he would ride in the cart. He still asks, but is almost 4 and a bit too big!

:lol: That is really cute!

I have one, but mine doesn't have the box on it. I use it to take boxes of stuff to our monthly support group meetings. They are usually boxes full of stuff that I am giving away.

For the library, we use those big canvas bags. I have a lot of those. My DS and I each carry two bags, and the girls each carry one bag.

The wheelie cart with the box attached would be so handy for the big used curriculum sale, though... I need to break down and get one of those...

I have one of those fold-up wheeled crates. They fold up to the size of a big square notebook and take up little room in the car. They could fit easily under the feet of a child in a car seat but I just stick mine on the floor of the passenger seat since no one sits there but even if there was someone in that spot there would be plenty of room for feet.

As for the book, we put them in cloth bags by type and everyone takes care of their own bag. Once we get to the library, I unfold the crate and drop in the bags of books and we take off for the library. It is really nice for hanging coats and purses on too.:001_smile:

I do have one, and like another poster, I purchased it at a convention (so I'm sure I paid way too much, but I was desperate, too!).

I have used it at a convention and at consignment sales. The funny thing is, it never occurred to me to use it at the library! I certainly will now!