Menu

I finish my first half marathon this morning!!!!!

I ran the Disney half!!!! I still can't believe I did it!!!! It was snowing, sleeting, and raining throughout. And it was 36 degrees. Terrible weather! After the race there was a mixup and I didn't get my dry clothes for 45 minutes!!!!! It was freezin!!!! I did it in 2:27- slower than I'd hoped, but it was a very tight race and I had to slow down a lot for slower runners in front of me. I walked only once - I just could NOT do an uphill at mile 11.5.

Now I'm off to the parks with my family!!!!!

Edited by Jennifer in MI

I walked only once - I just could NOT do an uphill at mile 11.5.

Isn't that the switchback to take you over to EPCOT? With the reverse canting? That is a grind on a good weather day, so hey, you performed WONDERFULLY!!!!!

Congratulations!! :hurray:

:tongue_smilie::tongue_smilie::party::party::party: That is AWESOME!! That is a great time - especially considering all that yucky weather!

I had been thinking about you - I knew your race was sometime this month, but I couldn't remember when.

(Woohoo! I just received approval from my financial sponsor (dh:tongue_smilie:) to sign up for 3 races this year: a 10k in March, a 1/2 in August, and a full marathon in November.)

Here's to Well Trained Runners!:cheers2:

Thanks everyone!!!! I am still in disbelief that I actually did it!!

My friend posted on facebook that seeing the half-marathoners come in to the restaurant she was in gave her the encouragement she needed for tomorrow. She's very concerned about the weather.

Congratulations!!

It is supposed to be very cold but not rainy. Good luck to your friend!!! I met a lot of people at the parks who had run or were running to

orrow. It is a fun atmosphere. Everyone is wearing their medals.

Congrats!!!!! I have 2 friends doing the marathon tomorrow. I'm so excited for them!

awesome!!!! There are a lot of us here!!!!

Isn't that the switchback to take you over to EPCOT? With the reverse canting? That is a grind on a good weather day, so hey, you performed WONDERFULLY!!!!!

:tongue_smilie::tongue_smilie::party::party::party: That is AWESOME!! That is a great time - especially considering all that yucky weather!

I had been thinking about you - I knew your race was sometime this month, but I couldn't remember when.

(Woohoo! I just received approval from my financial sponsor (dh:tongue_smilie:) to sign up for 3 races this year: a 10k in March, a 1/2 in August, and a full marathon in November.)

YES!!!!!!! Been there?? I nearly lost it there!!

sorry. Still figuring out dh's iPod here. It's too small!!!

Good luck in your races!!!!! After today I'm not sure I'll ever do a full. But right now, I'm not sure I'll ever run again!!! I'm very stiff.

Superb, Jennifer. You rock! Snow and sleet, wow-weeeee.

My son and I completed a 5K in the rain today. The weather was miserable and cold and rainy. We had a very difficult time breathing (asthmatics) but we crossed the finish line holding hands.

:cheers2:

YES!!!!!!! Been there?? I nearly lost it there!!

Yes. 2x. I honestly don't remember it from the January half in 2007 because at that point I was still stuck in so much traffic! :glare: Last year at the Princess though, you could say it made an impression. ;) Enough that I'm not there this weekend.

Major cudos to you for toughing it out in such lousy conditions.

I ran the Disney half!!!! I still can't believe I did it!!!! It was snowing, sleeting, and raining throughout. And it was 36 degrees. Terrible weather! After the race there was a mixup and I didn't get my dry clothes for 45 minutes!!!!! It was freezin!!!! I did it in 2:27- slower than I'd hoped, but it was a very tight race and I had to slow down a lot for slower runners in front of me. I walked only once - I just could NOT do an uphill at mile 11.5.

Now I'm off to the parks with my family!!!!!

I signed on to the boards today just to find out if you posted a report from your trip!! Congratulations!! I'm so excited for you! Can't believe the weather was nasty like that!!

I'm doing the Princess in 7 weeks... just finished week 7 of my training program from Marathoning for Mortals. You've got me scared of that overpass. I've heard it was a bad one! I was sort of hoping all the training I do on the hills in my area will help me. But if you couldn't manage it, that has me concerned!

Did you run with an mp3 player? I thought they were banned on the course, but then I was looking at pictures and saw lots of folks with them on. And did you stop at all to do character pictures? I'm planning to carry my camera with me - got a SPIbelt, and I've been practicing carrying it on my long runs and taking pics while I run. Also been practicing eating Sport Beans while I run which is harder than it looks!

Would love to see pictures if you have them posted anywhere! Congrats again!

I was thinking about you. Congratulations. thanks for taking time to post. I told a few friends yesterday that I was planning to do the Rocket City Marathon in December, now I have to do it:D. I do plan on running a couple of 10K and I have my sister ont he hook to do the half with me.

Very, very, cool! That weather is a bummer, good job on getting through it. Right now I'm just a 10Ker, but would love to do a half. I am afraid I don't have the time to train properly or that it might be too far for this asthmatic with arthritis in my feet. Going for a relay this summer called CLR, much like the Hood to Coast but in central Oregon. Hoping this event boosts my confidence to do a half. Thanks for sharing your race day story...it's inspiring.

Congratulations! That's fantastic!

Just for a laugh, I'll tell you that my DD was playing with the "weather app" on my iphone today. I have Orlando programmed in because we're at Disney regularly.;) She announce that it was "75 and sunny!" LOL! I guess the forecast was a little bit off today, huh!

Hurray for you!:hurray: