Menu

Are boot-cut jeans on their way out?

Until next year I bet. It seems to go between extremes so that you have to buy new jeans to be in style. Wasn't it last year and the year before with the wider legs, and the year before that was the bell bottoms (groannn). I think 'skinny jeans' were introduced last year.

Why do I think I know this? All I wear are skirts.

Skinny jeans are the only jeans now. Or so my 13YO believes. She who had some very cute flared jeans last year that suddenly became utterly and completely unacceptable.

For bonus points, skinny jeans in bright colors are great. She says. Purple is a particularly desirable color. Lime green attracts, but take more courage than she has.

Skinny jeans are the only jeans now. Or so my 13YO believes. She who had some very cute flared jeans last year that suddenly became utterly and completely unacceptable.

For bonus points, skinny jeans in bright colors are great. She says. Purple is a particularly desirable color. Lime green attracts, but take more courage than she has.

I'm glad my teenagers don't like skinny jeans.

Well, it all depends on your age.

For the teens, you have to wear skinny jeans. You know how it is when you're young. Everyone wears the exact same clothes. When I was a kid, we all cuffed our jeans really tight around the ankles and wore big socks. For the kids now, it's the skinny jeans.

For the adults, you have more options. There are still the boot leg.

I agree with everyone else about Lands End, however. They always sell the 'classic' cut jeans. (I.e.: Mom jeans.)

Boot-cut jeans will never be out of style for me. lol

My oldest is only 11, so I'm hoping she doesn't develop a huge sense of "fashion" until the skinny jean phase is over and done with. Although, I don't mind it so much on the girls. It's seeing all the boys in skinny jeans that I'm having to get used to. :lol: It just strikes me as funny, for some reason!

My dd is long and gangly, though. I doubt, even if she did care what she wore, that she'd choose skinny jeans. She'd look like a Granddaddy Longlegs! :lol:

We are in full winter gear. We are close to Boston, the style here are funky leggings with longgggg sweaters layered over a mock turtle neck or long sleeved tee (bright colors) that are a bit longer than the sweater. Matching scarf and beret. And for the feet, the Classic Tall Uggs.

Some wear a skinny jean in place of the leggings, I think the leggings look cuter and are far more stylish with some of the funky designs.

Boot-cut jeans are kind of out of style but they're being replaced by even bigger flares, so it works for me. Skinny/boyfriend jeans are all the rage, but I can't wear them, either. My legs are too curvy and non-anorexic :p. Jeans themselves are optional right now, though; the REAL trend is the 80s look of baggy sweaters over leggings... but this time you wear them with boots instead of high-tops! Though I've seen more high-top shoes this winter than I've seen in a while. I got my daughter a pair, and she adores them.

I've also seen some wide-leg jeans here and there... I so pray those come back. I LOVED my wide-leg jeans in high school!

Oh my I certainly hope not!!!! Skinny jeans and wide hips are scarrrryyyy.

My oldest doesn't really pay attention to fashion, but my youngest is really into to skirts w/leggings. Me? I'll stick with boot/wide leg, thankyouverymuch. :001_smile: