Menu

Although I did not do "well", I did meet and exceed my institution's minimum GRE ...

Joanne,

Do they still have those questions that say something like this?

Mary will not sit next to Steve. Sue always sits across from Tom. Harry and Ted need to sit on the end and opposite a woman. Tina will sit next to Harry but not Ted. Sue can sit by Mary but not Tina. Blah, blah, blah. How did they end up sitting at the table (or some such similar question)?

I still remember being completely exhausted by the time I got to this section of the GRE (I think it's called "analytical") and feeling like my brain was fried when I was done. Ugh. I passed, but that section was not a contributing factor.:D

Congratulations!! Blessings on your educational adventure.:)

Joanne,

Mary will not sit next to Steve. Sue always sits across from Tom. Harry and Ted need to sit on the end and opposite a woman. Tina will sit next to Harry but not Ted. Sue can sit by Mary but not Tina. Blah, blah, blah. How did they end up sitting at the table (or some such similar question)?

I still remember being completely exhausted by the time I got to this section of the GRE (I think it's called "analytical") and feeling like my brain was fried when I was done. Ugh. I passed, but that section was not a contributing factor.:D

Congratulations!! Blessings on your educational adventure.:)

That was my absolute favorite section!:lol:

I did better on that one than the other two.

Joanne,

Yes. Mine was about cars in a dealership showroom. :lol::001_huh::auto:

I *am* tired. I'm convinced that the GRE doesn't actually test an ability to do well in grad school but the test taker's ability to study for this test. Had I taken a course, done more books and studied longer, I would have done better. But, tell me, how does studying for one test and doing well = propensity for success in a grad school discipline?

I've been studying; I have 2 jobs, 3 kids, homeschooling. I had the test @ 8:00 am, class @ 1:30 and work @ 6:00 until this am at 1:00 am.

I haven't been home. My DH assure me the house is still standing and the blood is minimal. ;)

Yes. Mine was about cars in a dealership showroom. :lol::001_huh::auto:

I *am* tired. I'm convinced that the GRE doesn't actually test an ability to do well in grad school but the test taker's ability to study for this test. Had I taken a course, done more books and studied longer, I would have done better. But, tell me, how does studying for one test and doing well = propensity for success in a grad school discipline?

I've been studying; I have 2 jobs, 3 kids, homeschooling. I had the test @ 8:00 am, class @ 1:30 and work @ 6:00 until this am at 1:00 am.

I haven't been home. My DH assure me the house is still standing and the blood is minimal. ;)

Wow. They'd have to scrape me off the floor right about now if I had done all that. You are one impressive lady!!

Mary will not sit next to Steve. ... Blah, blah, blah. ...

I loved, loved, loved that section! I keep teasing dh that one of these days I'm going to sign up for the LSAT not because I want to go to law school, but just for the fun of spending a whole day doing those sorts of problems... ;)