Menu

Nylons---are there any that are comfortable?

I don't mind wearing skirts/dresses to church at all, it is just the nylons that I really don't like. Going without them is NOT an option.

Are there any brands that really fit well and aren't so uncomfortable. I wear a size 16 which generally puts me in the 3x, Queen 2, etc. sizes. I try to even buy one size larger than they say but the nylons then seem to fit someone 6'6" tall and thing, instead of the 5'5" 190 pound me they are supposed to fit.

Any good options for me?

I haven't worn pantyhose in years but when I did my favorite was Hanes. You probably have to get them at a dept store like Penneys. I was hard to fit--size L wasn't long enough but Q would bag at the ankles. Hanes had a wider variety of sizes. It was pricier than the stuffmart brands but it did last longer and the comfort was worth it.

Cinder

None! They're all uncomfortable! Honestly, I just wear tights or knee socks under long skirts.

I get the knee-high nylons from No Nonsense for a buck a pair. I don't even notice them, and that says a lot. The last time I wore panty hose was the fall of 1989.

Edited by kalanamak

I wear hose once a year (or less) even though I frequently wear skirts. I don't shave my legs, either. :) (I don't shave my pits, either, and I sometimes wear sleeveless shirts. :D )

Anyway, when I do wear hose, I wear thigh-highs with a garter belt. That's my recommendation to you.

Tara

I love L'eggs Sheer Energy !

I hate hose that are not support hose. But I love silky support hose.

I don't get this bare legged fashion. My feet sweat and stick in dress shoes without hose. And my thighs chafe. Yuck. I will not wear a skirt or dress without hose. Period. I don't care about the season, or whether hose are in fashion or not !

BTW I also wear these hose under my jeans in the winter for extra warmth. They are more comfortable and less bulky than long underwear. The Sheer Energy hose are so comfortable I forget I have them on.

I recently started buying plus size hose from Dress Barn. They were cheap so I didn't expect much but they surprised me! That is the only place I like to buy them now. I have bought Catherines before, and sometimes I buy the cheapy cheap plus size brand that they carry at Walgreens. If I am wearing them to church I rarely make it past one Sunday anyway since my 2 yr old always manages to snag them or rip them.