Menu

Uugghh..... please pray, send good thoughts

Things have taken another turn for the worse. Can't go into too many details, but could you please send up a prayer/thoughts for my Dude, his emotional health, and the continuance of his employment. We cannot afford for him to lose his job right now. He is mentally not in a good place today, and it is really scaring me.

Please also pray that I won't crack under this stress, won't yell at my Mom when she treats me badly today, won't lose it on the kids, and can offer something that will help my Man. The tears keep trickling, and I can't seem to stop them. I am not feeling at all strong right now.

I am still going to AL, but am now even more worried about how they will do while I am gone. I think I am going to have to do some job research while there. Not sure how I will juggle health issues, two teens (they have got to start pulling their own weight and then some!), daily care of my mother, etc. if I have to take on more respite care clients. Maybe I need to look at that CNA training again, but not sure how to afford classes right now. Maybe I need to start driving a metro bus. I don't know which way to turn or what to do next. Too much to think about.

Something has to give here, and I am afraid it will be dh's and my sanity.

Not sure how much more of this our little family can take. We have been under so many kinds of stress for so many years in a row now. I know we have a lot to be thankful for, but right now, it just feels like it is all in jeopardy.

:grouphug::grouphug: I'm right there with you! I hope things go okay for your hubby today. I hope he can keep his job. I hope you can breathe today and have patience.

Hang in there. Dh has been out of work for 2 weeks now with no prospects in sight. I'm looking for ways to make money now. I know just how you're feeling and you aren't alone.

You got it. With CNA training, sometimes you can get your employer to pay for the training if you commit to so many hours of employment there. That is how I got it when I was a CNA.

Thanks. Have to admit to being scared about being around more sick folks- my immune system is not strong, and I worry about exposure to the stoopid flu, etc. Also, being a nurse/caregiver is stressful in it's own right- there is a reason we are low on nurses right now. Can I really/do I really want to do this? But I know I could make more than the $10 an hour (if lucky) I would make as a barrista or working at the grocery store.

I prayed for your family. Hope your day has improved:grouphug: I also wanted to mention that my employer also covered my cna training. I worked for the state veterans home and it was a wonderful job with awesome benefits. Would highly recommend checking into something like that if you have to do it. The best part was that since they weren't out to make money, we hardly ever worked short and the patients got great care.

Thanks everyone, for the hugs, thoughts, and prayers.

Things are still in an emotional uproar here, but I am still going to AL tomorrow. Believe me, it was a tough decision to make, but I think it is ultimately the best one for me and my little group here.

Please hold us up in the next couple of weeks especially for:

The Dude: emotional strength, and self-love and appreciation, grace and strength on the job, and patience with the teens. That he will know he is lovable and worthy.

Me: That I will get everything packed (haven't started yet, sigh), travel ok, with no upchucking on the plane, that I can uncurl and relax and just get into my Nanny groove at Dy's. That I can keep the love and communication strong with my family from 2000 miles away.

D-I-Y Dy: Strength and healing before, during, and after her surgery.

My teens: That they can take on their lives, and help their dad with managing the house, their schooling, their taxi needs, etc. with grace, respect, and diligence. Also that they will be strong and caring to their Gramma, my mom, even though she has a mean streak a mile long. That they will give her grace and love.

I thank you again for your kindness and support- don't know what I'd do without all y'all. I'll be checking in from Dy's, and will still be available via email, cell phone, and Facebook, if'n you need me, and I will be back home on Nov. 10th.

Hugs,

Lori Beth

Edited by Needleroozer
spelling typo, of course

All packed! 2 suitcases, one computer bag, my purse. Also, 4 boxes of books, and one box of surprises ready (except for address labels) to be mailed tomorrow, and the Dude offered (ok, I told him he would, lol) to do the mailing for me.

The Dude has been talking to friends, and is feeling a tad better. I did and said all the right things this week (I think I was able to really listen to him and actually help him because I am still reeling from feeling very similar things these last 3 weeks of this nervous breakdown of mine.), and I think, hope, and pray he will be ok.

Thanks for keeping us in your thoughts and prayers.

I'll let you know when I get settled in AL.

Love you guys and gals.

LB

All packed! 2 suitcases, one computer bag, my purse. Also, 4 boxes of books, and one box of surprises ready (except for address labels) to be mailed tomorrow, and the Dude offered (ok, I told him he would, lol) to do the mailing for me.

The Dude has been talking to friends, and is feeling a tad better. I did and said all the right things this week (I think I was able to really listen to him and actually help him because I am still reeling from feeling very similar things these last 3 weeks of this nervous breakdown of mine.), and I think, hope, and pray he will be ok.

Thanks for keeping us in your thoughts and prayers.

I'll let you know when I get settled in AL.

Love you guys and gals.

LB

:hurray::hurray::hurray:

You did awesome getting that all done! And you did great supporting the Dude.

:party::party::party: