Menu

I hate can openers!

The Oxo Good Grips Smooth Edge Can Opener.

I've had one of theirs for about 10 years (not the smooth edge - it appears they no longer make the one I have) and it hasn't failed me yet.

I just toss it in the dishwasher and was remarking about how clean it is to my husband not too long ago. We both grew up with gnarly, dysfunctional, botulism fest can openers. What were our parents thinking?? :ack2:

I really like the Swing Away brand. I'm still using the can opener I bought right when we first got married 20 years ago.

I have one of these. Best can opener ever. I'm still using the one I bought to go off to college with. I've bought "spare" can openers over the years and nothing compares to the Swing Away. Are these still sold anywhere, because I can't find one?

I have one of these. Best can opener ever. I'm still using the one I bought to go off to college with. I've bought "spare" can openers over the years and nothing compares to the Swing Away. Are these still sold anywhere, because I can't find one?

I recently bought one at a local hardware store. Try an independently owned one like True Value.

I have a suspicion they're not as good as they used to be though. Mine is fine (works great actually) but I can't see it lasting twenty years. I hope I'm wrong.