Menu

Ugh...maybe miscarriage?

I'm bleeding and cramping across my back and my temps have dropped a full degree today. But I'm having my usual pregnancy symptoms like nausea, intense hunger pangs and a 2 hour nap. I've miscarried before at around 11 weeks, but all my symptoms disappeared weeks earlier that time. I'm 12 weeks and 3 days today.

You know, if this is a miscarriage, I think I'll be okay. I've been richly blessed with children and these things happen. But I dread telling dh and the kids. They are all so involved this time. I guess that's why I'm on here. Thanks for letting me blab on.

Barb

Oh, Barb. (((Hugs))) I am so sorry. I don't know exactly what that means, but I am wondering if you've called your Dr.? Maybe there's something they can do to stop it? I don't know, but I would be calling or paging my Dr. asap, or at least heading to the ER.

Please keep us updated. I'm so sorry you're going through this! (((HUGS)))

Oh, Barb. (((Hugs))) I am so sorry. I don't know exactly what that means, but I am wondering if you've called your Dr.? Maybe there's something they can do to stop it? I don't know, but I would be calling or paging my Dr. asap, or at least heading to the ER.

Please keep us updated. I'm so sorry you're going through this! (((HUGS)))

No, I'm just going to do the watch and wait thing for a few days. If it is a miscarriage, there's nothing to be done and if it's not, it's just a lot of wasted time and energy in the ER. Not to mention germs :::shudder::: I'm really hoping it's just a false alarm, and if that's the case I'd rather not put everyone through the wringer over it. Thanks for the hugs, everyone. It's nice to know you guys are out there.

Nite.

Barb

No, I'm just going to do the watch and wait thing for a few days. If it is a miscarriage, there's nothing to be done and if it's not, it's just a lot of wasted time and energy in the ER. Not to mention germs :::shudder::: I'm really hoping it's just a false alarm, and if that's the case I'd rather not put everyone through the wringer over it. Thanks for the hugs, everyone. It's nice to know you guys are out there.

Nite.

Barb

I hope you got some rest last night. You're in my thoughts and prayers this morning, Barb. {{hugs}}

I just wanted to say I was shocked when I read your title, as I am in the exact same boat. I started bleeding Friday night and cramping lightly on Saturday. Then it seemed to stop and then it came back with a vengeance yesterday afternoon. It may have already happened. I am afraid to go to the bathroom.

I am going into the eleventh week. This is my third pg. I am like you. I feel I can handle it, but the waiting it out is so hard. It is also going to be so hard to tell the kids as they are so excited. It is the vascillation between hope and no hope that is killing me. If this is going to happen, let's get it over with already and let me deal with it.

To top it all off, my oldest's birthday is today. I feel like this is just too much to hold: celebrating the birth on one while losing another.

Anyway, just wanted to share your ARRGH!

claire

...Yuck. That's just crummy, and I'm really sorry you're in this situation. That anxious feeling of not knowing is the worst.

I'm honored to hold you in my heart today. Whatever happens, know that you can find support here in whatever way you'd like to have it.

{{{Barb}}}

Doran

...It is the vascillation between hope and no hope that is killing me. If this is going to happen, let's get it over with already and let me deal with it.

To top it all off, my oldest's birthday is today. I feel like this is just too much to hold: celebrating the birth on one while losing another.

claire

Hugs to you, dear. Wrap your heart around that oldest child as you celebrate all the good there. That may help you get through the waiting you're forced into now. I'll be thinking of you.

Doran

...I feel I can handle it, but the waiting it out is so hard. It is also going to be so hard to tell the kids as they are so excited. It is the vascillation between hope and no hope that is killing me. If this is going to happen, let's get it over with already and let me deal with it.

claire

I'll echo Doran's thoughts. Hug that sweet birthday child once for me, too. I'm wishing you some peace and tons of love today.

Oh Claire, I'm so sorry...the timing for you is really rotten. It *is* weird, going on with the day like nothing is happening, but wondering. My bleeding stopped last night after I posted, but I still have the dull ache across my back, so I seem to be a few days behind you. Please do let us know when you have closure one way or another.

To everyone, thank you for messages. I'm not brave to wait it out, I'm a coward. I'd rather put off knowing as long as possible and I'd just rather keep things private until it's no longer possible, kwim? I will post when I know something for sure.

Barb

I just wanted to say I was shocked when I read your title, as I am in the exact same boat. I started bleeding Friday night and cramping lightly on Saturday. Then it seemed to stop and then it came back with a vengeance yesterday afternoon. It may have already happened. I am afraid to go to the bathroom.

I am going into the eleventh week. This is my third pg. I am like you. I feel I can handle it, but the waiting it out is so hard. It is also going to be so hard to tell the kids as they are so excited. It is the vascillation between hope and no hope that is killing me. If this is going to happen, let's get it over with already and let me deal with it.

claire

If either of you is reading this post and still are not sure if you've miscarried, let me offer a glimmer of hope. When I was 13 weeks pregnant with my now 2 year old dd, I experienced cramping that intensified over a few days and then some heavy bleeding and clotting one evening around dinner time. I thought for sure I had miscarried, but to my astonishment, the ER doctor found a wiggly little baby in utero. The day before the heavy bleeding I found out that I had a degenerating fibroid tumor right outside of my uterus, which was causing all of the pain. (I could not even stand up the pain was so bad.) My pregnancy was labeled a "threatened miscarriage" and I was put on modified bed rest for about a week. I was told that the bleeding was probably a result of the degenerating fibroid and since it was not progressive (I was no longer bleeding in the ER) and the baby was still alive and well, they were somewhat hopeful. I prayed and rested and the pain subsided. I had to have some follow up ultra sounds, but all was eventually well. I know this was *my* experience, but I just wanted to offer a glimmer of hope. I also experienced two early miscarriages prior to my dd's birth, so I know how you're feeling. Hugs and prayers to you both.

Thanks for all of your hugs and prayers.

I'm off to the OB at 11:00. This is so hard for me. I had both of my other dc at home with a midwife who is still encouraging me to wait it out. But there has been no change and its been five days. No real increase in bleeding, but no decrease either. There are definitely cramps and clots, but not what I would think would be the full passing of the baby. (oh, I hate writing that).

So maybe I am giving in, but I just feel that all is not well and I'm going in for an ultrasound.

Will keep you posted. Barb, how are you today?

claire

I'm off to the OB at 11:00. This is so hard for me. I had both of my other dc at home with a midwife who is still encouraging me to wait it out. But there has been no change and its been five days. No real increase in bleeding, but no decrease either. There are definitely cramps and clots, but not what I would think would be the full passing of the baby. (oh, I hate writing that).

So maybe I am giving in, but I just feel that all is not well and I'm going in for an ultrasound.

claire

In my case, I went in to the OB early in the process, and they were able to confirm that it was a blighted ovum. (An egg had fertilized and implanted, but never developed into a fetus.) It took about 10 days, if I remember right, for all of the bleeding to stop.

{{Claire}}

... I just feel that all is not well and I'm going in for an ultrasound. Will keep you posted. Barb, how are you today?

I'm hoping you were given some real information today, and if the news was not good, I'm so sorry. These situations are so hard.

Thinking of you, Claire -- and of Barb.

Doran

Barb- I am glad to hear that the bleeding has stopped for you. I will pray that the rest of your pregnancy is uneventful.

Claire- I am praying that the OB is able to provide you with some kind of closure. I know the horrible feeling of not knowing one way or another. I am so sorry you are having to go through this.

claire

Claire, I was just checking in to see whether you had any news. I hate to hear it isn't good. Please post or PM me when you feel up to it.

I'm feeling cautiously hopeful. I had a lot of cramping today but no more bleeding. I had an experience like this one about 10 years ago in the 12th week...bleeding, then nothing for 5-6 days, then full out bleeding for 2-3 days. It was obvious when I lost the baby. Then again, my temps haven't really dropped I hope means my progesterone is still high. My husband left a message with the head of radiology at his hospital (he's the CFO, not a doc) to see if he'll order an ultrasound for me and bypass the OB's and ED. I'll share all this with my midwife once I have one, but I'm still in the process of interviewing and choosing. I'll post if there are any developments.

Barb

I was told that the bleeding was probably a result of the degenerating fibroid and since it was not progressive (I was no longer bleeding in the ER) and the baby was still alive and well, they were somewhat hopeful.

Stacy, this does make me feel hopeful as I've been told in the past that I have fibroids. My grandma, mom and maternal aunt all had hysterectomies in their early 40's due to fibroids. I will be certain to mention this once I go for my first full appointment. Thank you for mentioning it.

Barb

When I've had bleeding in my pregnancies like that they have put me on progesterone and it stopped the bleeding. My first pregnancy was a miscarriage. I bled with the next 2 pregnancies, but like I said the progesterone stopped the bleeding. I would go in and see if they would prescribe some for you.

Thanks for all of your inquiries. Unfortunately the news is sad. No heartbeat. Miscarriage inevitable.

The CNM was kind and compassionate and I was very surprised that she did not advise a DNC. She said it is better to pass naturally. I admit I have been brainwashed by the homebirth community that the majority of obs/cnms are surgery pushing control freaks. It was good for me to see that this is not always the case. I'm glad I went and I'm glad I know.

So I am still waiting for the passing. I never dreamed it would take this long. You know, if life would just get in line with my schedule we would all be fine :rolleyes:

It was hardest to tell the kids. We all had a good cry in the elevator on the way to the car.

My mom is flying up and school is canceled for the rest of the week. The kids are thrilled about that. And you know what? The sun is out today. And that is a very good thing. He gives and He takes away.

I'm going back to bed with my heating pad.

claire

Thanks for all of your inquiries. Unfortunately the news is sad. No heartbeat. Miscarriage inevitable.

The CNM was kind and compassionate and I was very surprised that she did not advise a DNC. She said it is better to pass naturally. I admit I have been brainwashed by the homebirth community that the majority of obs/cnms are surgery pushing control freaks. It was good for me to see that this is not always the case. I'm glad I went and I'm glad I know.

So I am still waiting for the passing. I never dreamed it would take this long. You know, if life would just get in line with my schedule we would all be fine :rolleyes:

It was hardest to tell the kids. We all had a good cry in the elevator on the way to the car.

My mom is flying up and school is canceled for the rest of the week. The kids are thrilled about that. And you know what? The sun is out today. And that is a very good thing. He gives and He takes away.

I'm going back to bed with my heating pad.

claire

I'm praying for you today!! innocent0001.gif