Menu

Anyone Find A Mineral Makeup That They Like?

I need a 'quick face' for vacation, school mornings, camping trips, etc. So far I've tried L'Oreal brush on...and my face looked like I had sprayed pale, shiny stuff on it. :eek: Next I tried Revlon and the brush is so hard it hurts to brush the stuff on. Then I end up with fine powder dust all over my clothes. :tongue_smilie: I love the idea of a simple, brush-on mineral make up, but I can't afford any more mistake purchases. Anyone happy with their mineral make up? Thanks!

the Physican's Formula I can get at Walmart. After ordering samples from 4 or 5 different companies, the one I picked up on a whim at Walmart was the best match for my skin. WooHoo!

I did purchase a kabuki (sp?) brush from Bare Escentuals . . . but you can probably find quality brushes any number of places . . . I also bought some cosmetic round puffs for carrying. I don't care for the cheap brushes, either.

Just added: Before PF, I had given up foundation years ago. My skin is very sensitive and prone to breakouts. They always made my skin worse. Now that I've found one that works for me, I'm amazed. It makes my skin look better and seems to protect it. I have fewer flare-ups now than ever!

Edited by BamaTanya

I'm using Bare Escentuals and I like it. I'm a pretty basic girl when it comes to everyday makeup though. Powerder foundation, blush, mascara, and lipstick. I might wear eye shadow if I'm feeling really bold and wild. Bare Escentuals gives you a very natural look, feels wonderful, and isn't super expensive if you don't use a ton. It took me a while to get used to the natural look but now I love it.

Pricey, but I love Philosophy. I have used it for about 4 years now. It's available at Sephora, Nordstrom and online. I buy directly from Philosophy. They have a free shipping special going on right now, too.

I used Bare Minerals (Bare Escentuals) for about a year, and there were times I itched so badly I wanted to scratch my face off. I have also tried L'oreal, Neutrogena and Everyday Minerals. All itched or looked too shiny. Philosophy looks really natural. A jar lasts about 8 - 10 months for me, and has a nifty washable sponge top deal as an applicator, so no "swirl-tap-tap" either.

Edited by BikeBookBread
brand correction

I love Bare Minerals!!! I've been using it for about 3 years because it is so easy and doesn't take any time at all. I went to Sephora and had them do my make up so I would know exactly what shade to purchase.

Loved the foundation so much that I now use Bare Minerals eye shadow, blush, mineral veil and lip gloss.

I've used Bare Minerals for a couple of years and it's just the right amount of coverage for me. I don't wear much make-up - just the brush on minerals, eyeliner and mascara. Sometimes I wear lipstick or gloss. The Bare Minerals looks very natural.