Menu

Back to school supplies..what are you stocking up on?

thundersweet

Just curious what everyone is waiting for? I myself am waiting to pounce on the cheap Crayola crayons and markers. Ohhh, glue sticks and scissors too! I got enough markers last year to last an entire year. We go through them like crazy because ds NEVER puts the tops back on. :001_huh: What do you normally buy in bulk this time of year??

Sandy

This is the time of year that I buy all school/office supplies for the year:

Glue

Glue sticks

Notebooks

Lined paper

Colored pencils

Markers

Crayons

Folders

Index cards

Pencils

Pens

Staples, post-its, paper clips (not usually on sale)

Backpacks (clearance at end of school supply sales)

Replace rulers, scissors, etc. that have been lost along the way

Replace used up art supplies (paint, brushes, drawing pencils, erasers, etc.)

Most "non-consumable" supplies are on hand already (scissors, boxes, etc.)

This morning (see my Target thread) I "bulk shopped" for

looseleaf notebook paper (college-ruled and wide-ruled)

spiral-bound notebooks (college-ruled and wide-ruled)

composition notebooks (non-tear-out pages)

pronged paper folders

tab dividers

Isolated purchases of:

coloured pencils

sketch pad

fabric bookcovers

I need to stock up on notebook paper, index cards, and glue this year.

I just purchased 35 packs of 8 pencils at Staples for a penny each. I usually stock up on whatever they run for a penny (since I have a Teacher Rewards card, the limit at my local staples is 35 of each penny item instead of 2).

I just purchased 35 packs of 8 pencils at Staples for a penny each. I usually stock up on whatever they run for a penny (since I have a Teacher Rewards card, the limit at my local staples is 35 of each penny item instead of 2).

They only let me have 25. :glare:

I usually stock up on everything that is on sale.

I need to stock up on notebook paper, index cards, and glue this year.

Our limit was 25... what a great deal! I'm set on pencils for a long time!

I'm out here on the west coast where the local schools just finished the 3rd week of June, and won't start again until Sept. Do you think the deals will get better closer to school start date? I'm just asking because I missed the $0.01 deals at Staples this week and none of the other "sales" look like good deals. Are the retailers playing chicken with us again like at Christmas?

I need to stock up on ERASERS, pencils, and spiral notebooks. Did I mention ERASERS? My son loves to draw on them and after that they are pretty useless. I can't even begin to count the number of erasers I ave found artistically altered.

Note to self: Stock up on Tylenol with those erasers.

every year we replace crayons and stock up on spiral notebooks (we use them for all sorts of things, not just school work). Then I usually grab any other consumables that are super cheap because we will eventually use them

Plus I have to get all the standard school supplies for my 3 in public school

I plan to hit Target on payday (7/31). I need to look through the science materials list and look ahead at some art projects to see if there's anything else I need; otherwise I'll be getting the following:

blue glue gel stuff (Elmers)

glue sticks

scotch tape (lots)

index cards

a 1" binder and a 2" binder

art paper

loose leaf wide ruled paper

I went crazy on markers several years ago and haven't needed to get them since. I may get crayons or twistable crayons/colored pencils for some Christmas projects (crayon rolls).

I just did mine the other day since we had to go to target for some other items and they had every thing out.

I got

Colored pencils

crayons

mechanical pencil lead

That's all I needed. I don't need notebooks or notebook paper because I hate the thin stuff so I buy the lined paper from miller pads and paper since it's nice 24lb stuff. The regular 16lb stuff just doesn't hold up to the erasing my kids do.

Oh and I hit the dollar bins for some of the Periodic tables and US maps that someone mentioned earlier in the week.

I still have to get one more binder, some ivory cardstock and transparancy film.

well toys r us has crayons buy 1 get 2 free now. they had it last year and well, um, we have enough for another year ;-) no shopping for crayons here, lol.

I actually don't need much. pencils. 9x12 envelopes to file away last years notebook stuff. and I would like to get some timers this year...

I would like to find some quality notebook paper. I bought cheap stuff last yar and it's worthless. Glue and tape. we always need that!

so not much here really.

Our grocery store that is usually so expensive had a sale this week so we stocked up on 24ct Crayola for .20, spiral notebooks for .10 and glue sticks 2/.20.

I am still watching for a sale on markers, erasers, binders and do they put construction paper on sale? I need to restock that after this summer.

I love shopping for school supplies :)

OUr schools let out a month ago and aren't starting again until the second week of Sept so I haven't seen any school supply sales. I will see with ads tomorrow but I dont's expect it yet. I have seen college dorm supply sales already but they are starting schools in about a month. Things like alarm clocks and rubbermaid bins.

Post-It tabs. we use them as bookmarks. They don't fall out of the book, and they don't destroy them. :D I also need to get some erasers. I bought some cheap ones last year and they stink. So I need to get some more. And a couple of folders. I'd love to find a set sharpies for MY DESK. That no one else touches. PERIOD. I guess I should check our stock on spiral notebooks and crayons and markers. Oh, adn PENCILS. We go through those like water.

We hit Lakeshore Learning Center for paint, a number poster, a state workbook (okay, that one wasn't on sale), pink construction paper (it runs out faster than the other colors) and stuff for a timeline.

From Wal-Mart I got a bunch of glue sticks on the 2-pack for $.25 (minus my discount), a globe, maps, and organizing supplies (file box on clearance for $3.50, plus file folders). The maps I could have gotten cheaper at Lakeshore, but oh, well.

We still have plenty of white glue, markers, crayons, etc.

The sales haven't started here yet, but when they do:

pencils -- yellow Ticonderogas, no other kind will do

erasers -- Pink Pearl preferred, but will settle for Pink Pet

spiral notebooks -- whatever brand goes on sale for 10c each

binders

scotch tape

Staples had a ream of white copy paper for 1 cent last week and I missed it!

We will need markers and paint this year, but I'm ordering the paint from RR, along with my curriculum.

I always get paper and notebooks. I think I'm going to get about 10 pair of good scissors because I'm sick of never finding any around here!!! Oh, and ds will need high school-type school supplies.