Menu

Ignore this thread!

(and yes, I know what game you're talking about - just being silly)

I probably didn't pay shipping actually in that case... I do have Prime.

I have a PhD in Internet addiction. I've been addicted to the Internet since before some full-grown adults were born. But now they are all addicted and to them it's just normal. So, I've lost the war but I have won some kind of self-justification in the meantime.

• Like 5

Good morning!

ITT Party! :party: Vote early! Vote often!

I have been awake for a good while. Not sure what time, but whenever the mouse brigaide started. We'll leave in about an hour. I am afraid of the drive down the mountain road. The first half mile is very very steep and covered in snow. We have done it before in worse conditions, but still. The main highway down the mtn range is probably a little clearer and at least we're not on the drop-off side on the way down.

Time to get everything staged to pack into the van.

Coffee!

Edited by Susan in TN
  • Like 6

I'm cold. I tried to put plastic insulation on a drafty window in the kitchen yesterday, but the tape in one corner kept coming loose. Probably should duct tape it, but that will leave residue on the walls. Anyway, that window is really drafty (hadn't realized how drafty before since it's next to the fridge), and the window next to it is also sorta drafty, and some other windows/doors are not great either, and it's 11F feels like -8F or something and I keep turning the thermostat up higher and higher but I'm still cold. I think I've turned it up 2 degrees in the past 24 hours. And then kids are harassing me about being bored, but I'm too cold to go fiddle with new stuff, and the stuff I suggested (games we could play, etc) was turned down as boring. Maybe we should do more school. 

Do you have Mahvelous tape there?  We get it at the Parent-Teacher store.  It won't damage any surface.  Good Stuff!

• Like 3

(((Tech Support and his Mama)))  I vote JJM has a little talk with the cousins.   :toetap05:

Yay for Susan leaving and making it down the mountain!

(((Ikslo)))  Hope your root canal goes well!!

COFFEE!!!!!!

ETA:  It's a love on everyone Booyah!  

Edited by Another Lynn
  • Like 5

I think middle DD is not feeling well. I am currently lying on my bed and she came up, lay down beside me, snuggled under her fuzzy blanket and promptly fell asleep. She’s even snoring, bless her little heart.

Yay, I made a mistake on the date for the council meeting!  I got to turn around and come home.  Which is really good since I feel like something the cat coughed up. 

:grouphug:  :grouphug:  :grouphug:  for all of you.  I hope everyone feels better soon.

• Like 1

I’m so tired from doing nothing I think I’ll go to bed now.

I have a root canal in the morning. Wish me luck.

:grouphug:  :grouphug:

May your root canal be swift, painless, and fairly low-cost!

• Like 3

Good morning!

I have been awake for a good while. Not sure what time, but whenever the mouse brigaide started. We'll leave in about an hour. I am afraid of the drive down the mountain road. The first half mile is very very steep and covered in snow. We have done it before in worse conditions, but still. The main highway down the mtn range is probably a little clearer and at least we're not on the drop-off side on the way down.

Coffee!

I wish you safe driving!

Good morning!

Yay, Susan!!!

Awww, Ikslo! Praying all goes smoothly and painlessly.

I'm awake! I think I was awake each hour. Stuffy nose. Mouth breathing. Dry mouth. Thirsty. Potty. Repeat.

Back to work today.

:grouphug:

Good cranky morning to everyone. I woke up with a backache. I was going to do some heavy lifting of books, and planned to work on getting Ivor, the great white pantry, restocked for winter quarter. But I think that's going to have to wait until I've put some heat on my back.

:seeya: Tsuga!

:grouphug: Ikslo. 

Drive safely, Susan and Co.!

This morning while the girls sleep in I am running some laundry, cleaning out the fridge, and writing up a grocery list.

In Colorado I found a tub of horseradish cheese spread -- I love the stuff!  I ate it all up with pretzels (not all in one sitting -- I made it last).  Now I want more.  I found a recipe online to make some:  https://www.bonappetit.com/recipe/cheddar-and-horseradish-spread .  I have all of the ingredients!  And pretzels!   :drool5:

• Like 2

Good cranky morning to everyone. I woke up with a backache. I was going to do some heavy lifting of books, and planned to work on getting Ivor, the great white pantry, restocked for winter quarter. But I think that's going to have to wait until I've put some heat on my back.

:seeya: Tsuga!

:grouphug: Ikslo. 

Drive safely, Susan and Co.!

:grouphug:   

• Like 1

Good morning!

Coffee!

It's -6 degrees outside.

We made it down! Whew.

Oh, thank goodness for time zones! By the time I started getting worried, you were already down the mountain! :svengo:

• Like 7

Hi.

I am NOT getting sick.  So there.

I am driving Nana to the Not So Big City for her hair appointment. In the snow. But only a little, which is much better than the forecast for the next few days. So fingers crossed that the short person wakes up feeling a bit better because if she cries when I leave I shall die.

This week is my only break. Why does it feel like work? :wacko:

• Like 3

I’m so tired from doing nothing I think I’ll go to bed now.

I have a root canal in the morning. Wish me luck.

Good luck! It probably won't be as bad as you think. Mine never are; it's the fear and anticipation that get me.

Sent from my HTCD160LVW using Tapatalk

• Like 2

Good morning! I made the big dogs sleep outside last night because Madison's stomach was making some not cool noises. Then I slept really well and a little late. So that was awesome.

I need new storage solutions. A few more bookcases and several plastic boxes and a table and chairs for the playroom. And more Lego drawers. Lots more Lego drawers.

Sent from my HTCD160LVW using Tapatalk

• Like 1

Good Morning!!!

Christmas Vacation!!🎄🎄🎄😜 (I have no idea what day of the week it is, vacations always mess me up. I’m just hoping it’s not Sunday😜)

Nothing going on today. No company, no movies, nothing. I have no idea what I will do, but I think I will read and maybe do a little housework.

• Like 4

Imma go to the library and the office supply store. I need erasers. I may or may not look at planners for next year.

I need to set up calendars for January and the coming year.  I have a few more days in which to get that done, however.

While waiting for my offspring to wake up (I let them sleep the sleep of the exhausted) I ran some of my own laundry.  I've been cleaning the fridge, one drawer or shelf at a time.  I've been drafting a grocery list, in hopes of stopping somewhere when both girls are awake and dressed.

There were a LOT of biology projects in our fridge.  DH and the girls didn't clear them out as they developed while I was gone.  They also didn't wash any bedding or do certain other tasks.  When they ask how and why my Dad's place has gotten into the state it is in now I will remind them what things get like when they don't have time and/or energy to tackle things.  Then I'll remind them my Dad has had 25 years of no energy for tackling accumulation.

They have seen how much accumulates when I am NOT around.  Maybe, then, certain someone(s) will acknowledge that it is not just me in this household generating clutter and disorder.

• Like 3

Good Morning!!!

Christmas Vacation!!🎄🎄🎄😜 (I have no idea what day of the week it is, vacations always mess me up. I’m just hoping it’s not Sunday😜)

Nothing going on today. No company, no movies, nothing. I have no idea what I will do, but I think I will read and maybe do a little housework.

It is Wednesday.  Normally it would be our recycling pick-up day, but for the holiday season that has moved to Thursdays.  Our trash pick-up days (usually Mondays) have moved to Saturdays for the next couple of weeks.

I'm glad it is cold outside.  It keeps the trash can smell down, and I've been putting biology projects into the can.

• Like 2

It is Wednesday. Normally it would be our recycling pick-up day, but for the holiday season that has moved to Thursdays. Our trash pick-up days (usually Mondays) have moved to Saturdays for the next couple of weeks.

I'm glad it is cold outside. It keeps the trash can smell down, and I've been putting biology projects into the can.

I’m really upset about our garbage situation. Our trash day was supposed to be Christmas Day but they moved it one day later, which is reasonable. But then it snowed. So they said that they would move it another day later. Then I got a robo call saying that they won’t pick it up this week but will pick it up next week. They said that they will pick up extra for free but we have overflowing garbage. I am not going to do as the neighbors are doing and just stack up bags by the curb. We have wild animals that will tear into the bags making a colossal mess.

Then there is the recycling situation. We have a big rolling bin that is picked up every other week. But we recycle a lot and with Christmas boxes the big bin is full and I have recycling stacked up in the kitchen and one spot in the living room. And because we missed this week, the recycling truck won’t be coming around until the week after next!!!

• Like 2

I also gifted us a subscription to the Yum Yum box someone posted about on Chat a few weeks ago:

http://www.universalyums.com

And DW said that she thought it was a great idea. :) I'm so glad, because I was worried she might think it's a stupid idea. The first of that one won't get here until January either. 

(btw, I did not actually subscribe to the escape crate, because I wanted to try it out with the family first, and it's plenty expensive - at least the Yum Yum's can be part of the grocery budget)

Was that me? I got that for DD last year and it was a huge hit! It would be better as a family gift because it was too much snacks for one child and she wanted to share everything, so it ended up as a family gift anyway.

• Like 2

They didn't have my favorite erasers! I had to buy new mechanical pencils for everyone. Oh, well. :D  I went by the library and have a new stack of books to read. My tastes are eclectic to say the least.

The boys picked up books on golf and explorers and famous naval battles as well as a DVD on the Mars rovers, and Horatio Hornblower. So they are as eclectic as their old mother turtle.

• Like 3

:grouphug: for ikslo.

I need Susan to stop the holiday travel thing. It's not good for my mental health.

I think the boy might need an eraser for his quiet time bin.

Slept until 10. This vacation is killing me. Matt thinks that since *he* can sleep in until 7 that *we* can stay up until 10. No. If I'm getting up by 7 I need to go to bed by 7. He needs a girlfriend or something. I don't have the energy for him.

• Like 2

Slache, when you gwt up at 4 or 5, what time do you go to bed?

It is so cold here today! And I keep needing to go outside! Even had to clean the bathroom out by the pool! So, so cold!!!

I need 12 hours. I like 7 to 5 with a 2 hour nap at 1PM. If my husband would support a gf lifestyle I can go with 9 hours, so 8 to 5. But no. He's a jerk.

What kind of eraser?

I don't know. I've never had an eraser. I'll have Matt pick one out. He likes to draw with pencils.

Come back with lots of entertaining typos.

I didn’t have to have one! Endodontist saw nothing, asked some questions, asked more questions, and decided my bite needed to be corrected. He did some things, and it does, amazingly, feel a lot better!!!

So I went the Apple store and treated myself to the new battery I desperately needed for my iPhone and a new screen protector.

As I was entering the store, at the mall in the town where my appointment was and where I don’t normally go to shop, the first person I saw was my sister’s BFF. The one who made my bracelet. She lives in TX but is up visiting family. I had my broken bracelet in my bag, she was more than happy to fix it, and I got to spend a few minutes catching up with her and her family.

No root canal, phone that feels like new, and ran in to a friend who I’d been trying to reach.

I’m having a good day. :hurray:

Edited by ikslo
  • Like 11