Menu

T-Mobile? Love it? Why or why not? Or what else?

Slache

We're thinking of switching from Cincinnati Bell because they were bought out and our bill is going up from $50 a month to about $180. Um, no. T-Mobile seems to be the cheapest.

Also, if you have the 2 phones for $80 a month plan what does it *actually* cost per month?

Thanks!!

We have been with T-Mobile for years and years. I really like them a lot. Their customer service has been really good.  I used to sell long distance and cellular service and T-Mobile was always the least expensive (but that was about 10 years ago that I sold, too). We have four lines and pay about $110 a month with all fees and discounts.

The only issue we've had is that there are two spots that we infrequently travel to where they don't have coverage.  One of them is VERY infrequently and the other is a place where we're going to get away for a few days, so I don't want cell service anyway (there are other phones available for emergencies). In our hometown and in other places we go -- 99.9% of the time -- coverage is great.

One of my kids has had T-Mobile for years.  I usually pay the bill, so I figure that qualifies me. She's never had any trouble with either of her plans. She had unlimited texting only for many years and now she has texting and data but has to pay for minutes.  I like that I can login and pay online, or she can pay from her phone, or I can even call from my non-T-Mobile phone and recharge hers.  I've never had a reason to call customer service, which is not the case with the other carriers we use/used.  I also don't recall her ever having a lapse in service, although of course there have been a few remote places where she's had no signal.

My husband and I currently both have Straight Talk and really like it, but my phone is dying, and I don't like any of their phones.  I checked T-Mobile, but I didn't like any of theirs either.  My Virgin Mobile phone came today, but it's sitting here unopened, because I really hate change and I'll wait until my phone is worse before making the switch to the new carrier.

We have them, and haven't had any problems, except when James Bond was in Japan, but he was in a very remote area, with poor coverage, so I can't gig them for that.

We do have the $80 plan, but with the phones (2 iPhone 5c's), it comes to $107/month.  It's not bad for unlimited talk and text and whatever the data is.  We never come close to using all the data, so it works well for us.

I always swore I'd never use T-Mobile, after dealing with T-Mobile Deutschland, which is the devil, but they were the least expensive, and we've been quite happy with them so far.

I used to have it, and in my area the reception was pretty good.  Then Straight Talk started the BYOP plan where you can bring an ATT or TMobile phone and have unlimited everything.  Now dh has a TMobile phone and I have an ATT one through Straight Talk.  You purchase a SIM from them, so they go off the towers of whichever of the two your phone is.  I would ONLY use ST that way.  The regular ST phones usually aren't the best because lots of them go off Sprint.

T-Mobile has a big presence here.  we switched from Verizon to T-Mobile.  got all set, brought the phones home - and they didn't work in dh's office.  dh lives on his cell in his office - he can't work without it.  within two days we were back at Verizon and cancelled T-Mobile.  (we were within the rescission period.  did have some hassle to get the full credit back to our account, but the manager was good - just a hassle.)

It is spotty here and at my work, it doesn't work in the back half of the building, where both ATT and Verizon have zero problems.

I can't worry that my cell service is going to cut out all the time.  I have it for safety and convenience.  

We've had them for about 8 years and loved them. Where we live all service is spotty (dds' friends have many different providers and their phones rarely work here) but we make all calls through our wi-fi at home so we don't have trouble with that anymore.

ETA: I most like that their plan for all four of us is affordable and I don't have to worry about overages with dds and their data. If they go over the limit, it just slows down to dial up speed. That hasn't happened yet since we always use wi-fi at home but it's nice to know we won't be hit with an unexpected bill.